Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Stock: Android 7.1 Z69 Smart TV BOX S905X 3GB/32GB 802.11b/g/n LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware Stock: Android 7.1 Z69 Smart TV BOX S905X 3GB/32GB 802.11b/g/n LAN Bluetooth

As Found, not tested or installed as yet. Android 7: Z69 S905X 3GB/32GB 4K UHD SMART TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE 20170907

Glad to share the firmware for Z69 TV Box.

3GB/32GB PC Flash Firmware

Source: blog.geekbuying
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

New Firmware Z69 (well android 6)
    Thanks To Gearbest:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Looks ok

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Following to see if anyone installs and reports back.

Can't try myself, because if it doesn't improve things, I can't send it back for a refund.

Comment

Hi, Banggood staff sent me this link about Android 6.0 for Z69 3/32.
        ​​​https://mega.nz/#F!8scGgQwY!qujg8gVFE-BSrGzWquGB2A

I don't prove it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Galacho View Post
          Hi, Banggood staff sent me this link about Android 6.0 for Z69 3/32.
          ​​​https://mega.nz/#F!8scGgQwY!qujg8gVFE-BSrGzWquGB2A

I don't prove it yet.
          Same file as in t he OP

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Same file as in t he OP
            Hi, I don't understand "OP"

Comment

Installed the ROM and BIG improvement, thanks Trebor and Gearbest.

Any idea how to root? I see SU app is installed, but no root yet.

Comment

Any idea how to boot this thing in recovery?
                Toothpick doesn't seem to work.
                I have TWRP recovery img on sd card, but after 20 times still can't get in recovery or twrp recovery

Comment

Ok root succeeded.

Downloaded SU zip from XDA and put TWRP recovery and SU zip on thumb drive and insert in otg port, then go to the update & backup widget and select the zip file and update.

*** Urgent Update Notice *** We are deeply sorry about the installation errors and failures happened in v2.80. The new update v2.81 has rolled out on XDA and Play Store to fix the problem occured in v2.80. Chainfire has also...

It would then boot in TWRP recovery and I could install the SU.

If I did the same on SD card it didn't want to boot in TWRP recovery.

The recovery image I got from here.

Download GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware, and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers.

Edit : the reason that it didn't work on SD card was actually because the TWRP recovery image wasn't named " recovery ".

Comment

Few issue with above firmware.

Wallpaper switch not possible.
                    Home launcher hard to change few may work.
                    64 bit. Installed kidi bloated
                    Still bit slow ui..
                    No task bar or top nodification

But its better then last release.

Fewer bugs this one. They release fix for few more items then will be better.

Needed

Taskbar - Turn off on in settings.
                    Notifications- Top bar.
                    Wallpaper changer needs to be fixed.
                    System settings needs home for launcher. Once re booted you will get options for what ever launcher you installed but screen wont change.
                    uninstall Kodi and install 64 bit version runs better.
                    Heat issue with it now that tested. Seems cooling poor maybe a mod? Open box later.
                    Wifi /Bluetooth both fine.
                    seems like something in system make some apk run few times. If you use apk installer you will see what i mean checks 4 /5 times list grow putting same apk into list. Maybe this part of the lag it has in 7.

Getting there still some to go.
                    Last edited by scooter2014; 09-08-2017, 16:04.
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
                      Ok root succeeded.

Downloaded SU zip from XDA and put TWRP recovery and SU zip on thumb drive and insert in otg port, then go to the update & backup widget and select the zip file and update.

*** Urgent Update Notice *** We are deeply sorry about the installation errors and failures happened in v2.80. The new update v2.81 has rolled out on XDA and Play Store to fix the problem occured in v2.80. Chainfire has also...

It would then boot in TWRP recovery and I could install the SU.

If I did the same on SD card it didn't want to boot in TWRP recovery.

The recovery image I got from here.

Download GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware, and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers.

Edit : the reason that it didn't work on SD card was actually because the TWRP recovery image wasn't named " recovery ".
                      I am a little confused. Did you succeed installing TWRP on this model? How do you access to the recovery menu?

I am asking because I had this model and it got bricked. I asked to the shop about the recovery menu (The little hole was unresponsive) but they only offered me a replacement. And I wold like to know that just in case the new box bricks again.

By the way, mine came rooted, but it hadn't an app like SuperSU to manage it.

Comment

I run TWRP from SD Card.

I downloaded the recovery image I got from here, and rename it to recovery.img ( seems to be important that it has that exact name) and put it on the SD card.

I also put the SU zip on the SD card

When you go to the update&backup widget and select file, it only sees the SU zip, so you select that file and press start.

When the device reboots in recovery it will automatically reboot in the TWRP recovery instead of the stock one.

The TWRP recovery is specific for S905X processors.

Comment

New 7.1 that trebor posted working better then orognal stock one. Some issues but been on it two days been ok... Think if they fix issues I listed get better. Its also better rooted.
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            New 7.1 that trebor posted working better then orognal stock one. Some issues but been on it two days been ok... Think if they fix issues I listed get better. Its also better rooted.
                            Where did Trebor post the 7.1?

The one in the OP is Android 6, and so far no issues at all.

Comment

I merged topics and lost some posts i get Trebor to re post it.

Find it

http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file/5cihl4h53qtbdud/z69_3G_7.1_0824.img

Comment

Working...
                              X