Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Stock OTA & .IMG UPDATE FIX MECOOL M8S PRO PLUS ANDROID 7.1.1 AMLOGIC S905X 2GB/16GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by satkingno View Post
    Just a word of warning: Never buy from Geekbuying. I have tried to contact them several times the last month, but they never reply. They are not interested in helping whatsoever. The box now goes in the bin, it is totally useless. I do my business at Gearbest from now on.
    My full refund from geek buying was processed after a few emails. I bought using PayPal which helps because if they don’t entertain me I will file a dispute with PayPal.

Comment

Originally posted by bylderup View Post
      just my 2 Cents..
      I´ve got a box from geekbuying with the faulty eMMC . So I decided not to change the ROM. Its used in a room with only 2 channel Sound. FTMC and SPMC are running fine, Youtube ok, Spotify ok. On SD Card Libreelec. All working. Sometimes in Android a restart is needed because 2 Cores stay at 100 %. Absolute no problems with Libreelec. 31 Euro paid and running better than my expensive TV Boxes. So what.. I will use Super Celerons excellent ROMS next time

For German Customers it is hard to get TV Boxes from China atm. because Gearbest and other shops have massive problems with "Germany priority mail". A lot of devices have been catched from Tax Authorities in London. I´m waiting 4 weeks now getting my Mecool KI pro. No clue if I will ever get the box.
      If I would order the Mecool M8S pro + now - then total costs will be in the end at about 50 euro (with DHL incl. Tax and processing fee) on a more secure delivery route. So - wait and see..
      For 50euro wouldn’t the new fire tv be better?

Comment

Originally posted by satkingno View Post
        Thanks wrxtasy. I'll look into it
        I believe PayPal will resolve it since geekbuying didn’t respond to you and u already dispute with PayPal.

Comment

Originally posted by grimmie View Post
          I believe PayPal will resolve it since geekbuying didn’t respond to you and u already dispute with PayPal.
          I hope so. Geekbuying is not interested in responding, not even in the Geekbuying customer support thread in this forum. I have disputed it with PayPal...how long do you think i can wait before contacting PayPal again and tell them they do not respond?

Comment

I need 20170829.121614.V0321 firmware?

Comment

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

MeCool M8S pro +

Has anyone come up with a potential list of where to acquire a version of the MeCool M8S pro + with the recommended eMMc to work with the ATV Rom?
                my unit came with the SEC 713 which is one identified as a suspect bad memory module. Thus it has failed since I found out too late about the flashing of FW.
                Tried LibreElec does not want to work with this either. My unit does have a reset button.
                Here is what I received order was a GearBest purchase late Sept time, arrived around 7 October 2017
                MeCool M8S pro +
                Kernel Version 3.14.29
                Tuesday Aug 15 18:31.44 CST 2017

Build
                M8S Pro + userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26Q

2017 0815.182813.V0321

OTA
                Model M8S Pro +
                OTA 90633006

Looking for a source to reorder and try again, I see a 905W model being offered, but not sure if it will play nice with ATV Rom.

Thanks in advance..
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

As Found:

Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO Plus TV Box.

PC Flash Firmware

M8S_PRO+-NHG47L-20170919.150557.V0619.img

SD Flash Firmware:
                  SD Flash Firmware 1;
                  SD Flash Firmware 2;
                  SD Flash Firmware 3.

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Have fun !

Tips: Recommend you use SD card brush. The method is that copy SD flash firmware 1,2,3 to the SD card root directory, and then put the SD card on the machine, plug in the power supply. Continuously press the remote control on the number 1 key, then you can automatically enter the state of the brush machine.

Due to the mistake of Mecool,the old firmware lack of some files.
                  so customers will cause some problems.
                  It is the newest firmware

source blog.geekbuying
                  Last edited by trebor; 10-20-2017, 19:52.
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi, is this official update an android tv OS? Is there another official firmware update that runs on the normal android OS? Thanks

Comment

Due to the mistake of Mecool,the old firmware lack of some files.
                      so customers will cause some problems.
                      It is the newest firmware
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Ok thank you, is there a way of replacing the google play store with the vanilla version because the android tv version is very restricted to what you can download or will i have to sideload apks from chrome? Cheers

Comment

• trebor
                          trebor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Use aptoide or APK mirror

Originally posted by hansdampf
                        steel120 thanks for your help, a eMMC-App which gives Information about the eMMC and it's sadly the SEC713
                        Hi,
                        what is the eMMC app that you used ?
                        Full name and link if possible
                        Thanks

EDIT: I think I found them .... !
                        Last edited by P.X; 10-17-2017, 12:09.

Comment

Thanks, when i tried to add the normal play store previously it wouldnt work. It said it is incompatible with my device and to uninstall updates and when i did this it reverted back to the android tv version.

I've now downloaded the aptoide app so I'll use that as well as play store for the apk's i cant download on google play store. Cheers
                          Last edited by zabba; 10-17-2017, 15:29.

Comment

Ref. steel120

Found 2 eMMC Apps -
                            eMMC (Brickbug) Check -&- Got Brickbug ?
                            Reports are ref. Old Sammy phone and recover a code

Research seems to suggest CODE:

AJNB4R = SEC KLMAG1JENB-B041 (v5.1) = Known BAD Check DATE

AWPD3R = SAMSUNG KLMAG2WEPD-B031 (v5.0)5 = OK
                            8WPD3R = 8GB

S10016 = Kingston eMMC v5.0 - 16GB = Good So Far !

eMMC Check - also returns a Chip build date - MM/YYYY
                            The Date Code on the physical chip is YWW (e.g.646)
                            646 -> 11/2016
                            SEC 701 to 713 presumably return 01/2017 - 04/2017
                            (note 04/2017 covers more than just 713 therefore box would still need to be opened for final confirmation of possible chip issue)

E&OE
                            Last edited by P.X; 10-17-2017, 21:29.

Comment

I bought my Mecool from Gearbest and this is what I've got:

Samsung 710 KLM8G1WEPD-B031
                              BuildNO: NMF26Q 20170715.093046.V0321

Sometimes apps freeze (especialy Chrome) and get "app stopped working" massage. I don't think my chip is from this bad batch, 'cause it is eMMC 5.0.

Does anyone have the same chip and did make an update?

Comment

Working...
                              X