Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Stock OTA & .IMG UPDATE FIX MECOOL M8S PRO PLUS ANDROID 7.1.1 AMLOGIC S905X 2GB/16GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone managed to get the built in chromecast to work on this update? I can never seem to get it to connect. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      As Found:

Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO Plus TV Box.

PC Flash Firmware

M8S_PRO+-NHG47L-20170919.150557.V0619.img

SD Flash Firmware:
      SD Flash Firmware 1;
      SD Flash Firmware 2;
      SD Flash Firmware 3.

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Have fun !

Tips: Recommend you use SD card brush. The method is that copy SD flash firmware 1,2,3 to the SD card root directory, and then put the SD card on the machine, plug in the power supply. Continuously press the remote control on the number 1 key, then you can automatically enter the state of the brush machine.

Due to the mistake of Mecool,the old firmware lack of some files.
      so customers will cause some problems.
      It is the newest firmware

source blog.geekbuying
      So I just received my box from Gearbest and it came with firmware 0815. The box hasn't froze on me, but it seems very buggy. My mouse on startup is restricted to the top left quarter of the screen. After a few minutes of use, the settings menu overlay is really sluggish. Youtube is a pre-installed app (the one from the playstore) but it is not shown in the app drawer, only in the app list in the settings menu, so I can't add a shortcut.

Is my box safe to update to this firmware? And is it similar to updating the M8S Mini II using USB Burning Tool? Load the firmware and press start, hold the reset button on the box then plug into the box via USB? Does it matter which USB port I use?

Or would you guys advise me to contact Gearbest first before I do an update?
      Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I took the risk and just went ahead and updated the box (I know I should have probably taken it apart to check the emmc etc.) but I lucked out and it flashed no problem.
      The box seems snappier so far but I just installed it.

The only issue I have with this firmware is they seemed to have removed the option to show the status bar. Is there anyway to get that back with this?
      edit2: Also annoying is the sound sliders are linked to each other. I can't set the media volume to max and other volumes low like I usually do. firmware?

edit3: Went ahead and flash megendanz nano nexus rom and all is good now.
      Last edited by rahzel; 10-27-2017, 01:21.

Comment

Originally posted by peta18 View Post
        I bought my Mecool from Gearbest and this is what I've got:

Samsung 710 KLM8G1WEPD-B031
        BuildNO: NMF26Q 20170715.093046.V0321

Sometimes apps freeze (especialy Chrome) and get "app stopped working" massage. I don't think my chip is from this bad batch, 'cause it is eMMC 5.0.

Does anyone have the same chip and did make an update?
        pressing reset button while turning power on. then wipe data/Factory reset....it solved some problems, maybe it can help u too

Comment

Originally posted by hansdampf View Post

pressing reset button while turning power on. then wipe data/Factory reset....it solved some problems, maybe it can help u too
          My box when set to 4K 60Hz, the video output is not stable and flashes. It is fine when it is 4K 24Hz. I will try your method to wipe data/factory reset to see if it solves the issue. (it is not my HDMI cable which can pass 18Gbps easily.)

Comment

Hi everyone, got the box with firmware 15082017. Is it safe to install the oem update with ota method? Or should i open the box to check for the emmc chip? Please advice.

Comment

If your box has no reset button there is a very strong chance that it has the properly working Kingston eMMC Flash.

If it does have a reset button (hidden behind front right vertical grill slots). Then to 100% confirm what Samsung eMMC you have, you will physically need to open up the box and look for the eMMC code & numbers that are in Post #1 of this thread:
              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1

Those numbers will tell you if you have a box with the bad batch of Samsung 5.1 eMMC flash. If you do have the affected eMMC chip I suggest contacting the seller for a refund like a lot of other affected users have already done. Take a Photo to.

Comment

Thanks heaps mate, ill check for that reset button. Could you tell me what it looks like? Is it just like a normal button that can be pressed or something? Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Groovyuvi View Post
                  Thanks heaps mate, ill check for that reset button. Could you tell me what it looks like? Is it just like a normal button that can be pressed or something? Thanks again.
                  Frontside of the box, from the centre go to right and then it's between the first and second vertical grill slot

Comment

Originally posted by hansdampf

Frontside of the box, from the centre go to right and then it's between the first and second vertical grill slot
                    Thanks a lot.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	reset android 2.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	681238Click image for larger version

Name:	reset android1.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	681239
                      Originally posted by Jeffers View Post

I ordered mine from Banggood and it has the faulty eMMC :-(
                      how do you check if it is the faulty one? (i just saw the answer please delete)
                      so it it does have the faulty hardware that is hard to check, because it needs to be opened, I should not even do the automatical update that the box finds?

this is what you mean as reset button?
                      Last edited by durutti; 10-28-2017, 14:09. Reason: pictures

Comment

Just updated to OTA V09.19 and can't find a way to show the status/navigation bar? Does anyone have a idea??? Is it a bug??

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post
                          If your box has no reset button there is a very strong chance that it has the properly working Kingston eMMC Flash.

If it does have a reset button (hidden behind front right vertical grill slots). Then to 100% confirm what Samsung eMMC you have, you will physically need to open up the box and look for the eMMC code & numbers that are in Post #1 of this thread:
                          http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1

Those numbers will tell you if you have a box with the bad batch of Samsung 5.1 eMMC flash. If you do have the affected eMMC chip I suggest contacting the seller for a refund like a lot of other affected users have already done. Take a Photo to.
                          wrzasty, i recived from gb service, tv box with no reset button but it has sec 728 emmc, its work perfect, no problems with flashing proces to ATV

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                            As Found:

Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO Plus TV Box.

PC Flash Firmware

M8S_PRO+-NHG47L-20170919.150557.V0619.img

SD Flash Firmware:
                            SD Flash Firmware 1;
                            SD Flash Firmware 2;
                            SD Flash Firmware 3.

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Have fun !

Tips: Recommend you use SD card brush. The method is that copy SD flash firmware 1,2,3 to the SD card root directory, and then put the SD card on the machine, plug in the power supply. Continuously press the remote control on the number 1 key, then you can automatically enter the state of the brush machine.

Due to the mistake of Mecool,the old firmware lack of some files.
                            so customers will cause some problems.
                            It is the newest firmware

source blog.geekbuying
                            Holding the number 1 on the remote does nothing. My box has a reset switch, should I press it while plug in the power to get to the recovery screen? Or should I use the Update app? My box is of the bad batch of eMMC, SEC 713 to be exact.

On 2nd thought, I have decided not to flash the updated firmware for fear of bricking my box, and requested an exchange from GearBest. My box is on the older V0619 firmware (one file, successfully flashed) but still has random freezes. Will see what GearBest say.
                            Last edited by acefr; 10-31-2017, 17:36.

Comment

Originally posted by acefr View Post
                              Holding the number 1 on the remote does nothing. My box has a reset switch, should I press it while plug in the power to get to the recovery screen? Or should I use the Update app? My box is of the bad batch of eMMC, SEC 713 to be exact.
                              Holding the "1" doesn't do the flash for me either. My bricked box automatically attempts a flash as soon as the SD card is inserted, and it doesn't even attempt to boot with the card prepped as listed above. The questionable thing about this technique is that these instructions don't make the SD card bootable, as opposed to the Amlogic Boot Card Maker utility which *does* make the SD card bootable.

Comment

Originally posted by WetWilly View Post

Holding the "1" doesn't do the flash for me either. My bricked box automatically attempts a flash as soon as the SD card is inserted, and it doesn't even attempt to boot with the card prepped as listed above. The questionable thing about this technique is that these instructions don't make the SD card bootable, as opposed to the Amlogic Boot Card Maker utility which *does* make the SD card bootable.
                                I don't think the SD card is meant to be bootable. I think the box needs to get to the Recovery screen (like any Android phone), and from there, there is an option to flash the box. I suspect the "holding 1" instruction is only for the box without the reset switch.

Update: The new firmware with the 2 additional small files (one is recovery.img and I don't remember the other), once you pressed the reset button and plug in the power cord, the box will automatically enter the firmware update. No need to manually choose anything. No, your SD card does not need to be bootable. You just need all 3 files in the root directory of your MicroSD card.
                                Last edited by acefr; 11-15-2017, 23:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X