Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Stock OTA & .IMG UPDATE FIX MECOOL M8S PRO PLUS ANDROID 7.1.1 AMLOGIC S905X 2GB/16GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trebor View Post
    As Found:

Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO Plus TV Box.

PC Flash Firmware

M8S_PRO+-NHG47L-20170919.150557.V0619.img

SD Flash Firmware:
    SD Flash Firmware 1;
    SD Flash Firmware 2;
    SD Flash Firmware 3.

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Have fun !

Tips: Recommend you use SD card brush. The method is that copy SD flash firmware 1,2,3 to the SD card root directory, and then put the SD card on the machine, plug in the power supply. Continuously press the remote control on the number 1 key, then you can automatically enter the state of the brush machine.

Due to the mistake of Mecool,the old firmware lack of some files.
    so customers will cause some problems.
    It is the newest firmware

source blog.geekbuying
    Successfully updated my box w/ SEC 713 8.15 firmware by using continuously pressing "1" key on the remote control while powering up.

The ROM is an Android TV by default (but with mecool launcher), completely disables the nav bar. Normal android apps needs to be sideloaded because play store now has only access to ATV apps.

Comment

Hi, can anyone help me how to dump stock rom and make an img file? I have an usb cable and I can connect my box to my pc but I don't know what software I can use to do this.

Comment

Please I need help... Today when I got home my box does not start ... my son is always "playing" with her and probably did something ... Does anyone know how I can do to "re-enable" ??? What software use and how to use please ... I am very new to this and I do not know how to do ... Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
          Ref. steel120

Found 2 eMMC Apps -
          eMMC (Brickbug) Check -&- Got Brickbug ?
          Reports are ref. Old Sammy phone and recover a code

Research seems to suggest CODE:

AJNB4R = SEC KLMAG1JENB-B041 (v5.1) = Known BAD Check DATE

AWPD3R = SAMSUNG KLMAG2WEPD-B031 (v5.0)5 = OK
          8WPD3R = 8GB

S10016 = Kingston eMMC v5.0 - 16GB = Good So Far !

eMMC Check - also returns a Chip build date - MM/YYYY
          The Date Code on the physical chip is YWW (e.g.646)
          646 -> 11/2016
          SEC 701 to 713 presumably return 01/2017 - 04/2017
          (note 04/2017 covers more than just 713 therefore box would still need to be opened for final confirmation of possible chip issue)

E&OE
          My came today from Gearbeast EU, 20170919 ROM is there, Google Play is limited. I wanted to check which eMMC chip I have and it says this:

Does this means I can't even try placing some other rom, this is bad chip?
          (btw is there any downsides of having this chip except not been able to change fw)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	690161
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ag008 View Post

My came today from Gearbeast EU, 20170919 ROM is there, Google Play is limited. I wanted to check which eMMC chip I have and it says this:

Does this means I can't even try placing some other rom, this is bad chip?
            (btw is there any downsides of having this chip except not been able to change fw)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	690161
            07/2017 is beyond the bad range so should be OK
            Also 0919 is OK FW
            so fingers crossed ....

Comment

i have bad chip and i put some rom´s and no problem

Comment

Originally posted by peta18 View Post
                Hi, can anyone help me how to dump stock rom and make an img file? I have an usb cable and I can connect my box to my pc but I don't know what software I can use to do this.

Comment

Hi, i am having what i believe is a HDMI blinking problem (intermittent flickering) on my new samsung mu6120 with my box. I am using the 20170919.150557.V0619 stock firmware. Is this issue to do with my box (firmware) or my tv? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by zabba View Post
                    Hi, i am having what i believe is a HDMI blinking problem (intermittent flickering) on my new samsung mu6120 with my box. I am using the 20170919.150557.V0619 stock firmware. Is this issue to do with my box (firmware) or my tv? Thanks
                    Try starting your box first, then your TV.  It is a handshake problem.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Try starting your box first, then your TV.Â* It is a handshake problem.
                      Thanks, i was reading a bit about that last night. I never switch the box on 1st so I'll try that when i get in later. Is the fact that the handshake isnt working correctly likely to do damage to the tv or the hdmi port. I was thinking of investing in a new box so i might look at getting one sooner if it is doing any damage. Cheers for the reply.

Comment

Interesting, I received my box two weeks ago and using emmc check app, it says that my chip is 016ge2, which is a Toshiba, after I searched on internet.

Comment

Hi, i tried switching the box on 1st before the tv to see if it that would solve my hdmi handshake problem but it was still doing it so i have switched the hdcp setting to off in the developer options now. I havent been testing it long but i have had no flickering up to now, is there a downside to switching hdcp off? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by tantrums View Post

Successfully updated my box w/ SEC 713 8.15 firmware by using continuously pressing "1" key on the remote control while powering up.

The ROM is an Android TV by default (but with mecool launcher), completely disables the nav bar. Normal android apps needs to be sideloaded because play store now has only access to ATV apps.

Does this stock firmware run Nexflix ATV version at 1080p?
                            Will auto refresh rate work with SPMC (with root and maybe some modification)?

PS. now I'm using Magendanz's ATV rom but sadly auto refresh rate will result in black screen.

Comment

Yes, Netflix ATV does 1080p with stock V0619. Don't know about auto-refresh. Doesn't have hdmi self adaptation option.

Comment

Originally posted by Davvid View Post
                                Yes, Netflix ATV does 1080p with stock V0619. Don't know about auto-refresh. Doesn't have hdmi self adaptation option.
                                Thanks. I already did try this stock rom. But there is still problem with auto-refresh rate. I'm now go back to 0825 ATV rom.

Comment

Working...
                                X