Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Stock OTA & .IMG UPDATE FIX MECOOL M8S PRO PLUS ANDROID 7.1.1 AMLOGIC S905X 2GB/16GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware Stock OTA & .IMG UPDATE FIX MECOOL M8S PRO PLUS ANDROID 7.1.1 AMLOGIC S905X 2GB/16GB

Update:

Previous OLD Version

As Found
    Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO Plus TV Box

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

File Name: M8S_PRO+-ota-20170919.150557.V0619

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Source blog.geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 10-18-2017, 02:00.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Originally posted by trebor View Post
    As Found
    Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO Plus TV Box

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

File Name: M8S_PRO+-ota-20170919.150557.V0619

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Source blog.geekbuying
    Guest - can this be directly flashed using TWRP?

Comment

How can I install this with USB Burning Tool? I can download only zip file where there is no .img file

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbas
        How can I install this with USB Burning Tool? I can download only zip file where there is no .img file
        You need to install it using a sd card(see also the link with the flash guide in the first post). Just put the zip file in the root of the sd card. Then press the reset button and simultaneously power on the tv box. The box will boot into recovery and then choose sd upgrade.
        I suppose that you won't lose the data after the upgrade, but I am not sure because I did a factory reset before flashing the zip file.

Sent from my Huawei Mate S using Tapatalk

Last edited by zan.; 09-29-2017, 10:13.

Comment

This is android tv firmware. Install via update app and does not need to be unpacked.

Comment

Originally posted by givecredit View Post

The ones from banggood are fine. I received 3 from their anniversary sale, all upgrade fine using SD card update method.
            I ordered mine from Banggood and it has the faulty eMMC :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffers View Post

I ordered mine from Banggood and it has the faulty eMMC :-(
              When did you order. I ordered during sale early sept. Then suddenly their stock disappeared. But they restocked mid Sept and shipped then.
              firmware on mine were 14th Sept. No reset switch, incorrect 912 sticker, but updates perfectly with SD method.

Comment

When did you order. I ordered during sale early sept. Then suddenly their stock disappeared. But they restocked mid Sept and shipped then.
                firmware on mine were 14th Sept. No reset switch, incorrect 912 sticker, but updates perfectly with SD method.
                I ordered 7th September, they shipped next day, I guess I was unlucky, I have contacted them and I am waiting to hear back

My Kernel version is:- 3.14.29 Tue Aug 15 18:31:44 CST 2017

Build:- M8S PRO+ userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26Q 20170815.182813.V0321

ยท Order Details:
                Your Order: #34607449 (placed on Thursday 07 September, 2017)
                Last edited by Jeffers; 10-12-2017, 18:01.

Comment

SD method - you mean OTA update from factory software, or triggered somhow the "reset" button?

Comment

Originally posted by kml View Post

SD method - you mean OTA update from factory software, or triggered somhow the "reset" button?
                    OTA from factory software. Just remember to wipe data
                    download update zip and rename it to update, place on SD card and use factory update local option. Click wipe data and update

Comment

OTA from factory software. Just remember to wipe data
                      download update zip and rename it to update, place on SD card and use factory update local option. Click wipe data and update
                      Please how do you mean rename it?

Comment

As I guess, from long filename with date, version and all that stuff, to "update.zip".

Comment

In playstore use TV app repo to add sideloaded apps to apps line.
                          long press app on app line to get delete option. Google's apps must remain.
                          Thank you...I sorted all that out...but after using the ATV rom for awhile I decided it wasn't for me.
                          I'm a bit of a minimalist...and have now installed the Nano Nexus rom 20170825 and am very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by legnosecco View Post

Thank you...I sorted all that out...but after using the ATV rom for awhile I decided it wasn't for me.
                            I'm a bit of a minimalist...and have now installed the Nano Nexus rom 20170825 and am very happy with it.
                            I too have a strong disliking for ATV and the way it forces stuff on you

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan View Post

If you have bought from Amazon directly and not from 3rd party.
                              Not true. As long as amazon platform and not buying amazon direct the same return policy applies. You sure not giving good advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X