Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Stock OTA & .IMG UPDATE FIX MECOOL M8S PRO PLUS ANDROID 7.1.1 AMLOGIC S905X 2GB/16GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like i said here :
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x/653031-mecool-m8s-pro-tv-box-amlogic-s905x-android-7-1-2-16gb-fast-lan-wifi-802-11b-g-n?p=694403#post694403

You can find a new ROM following this link :
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

It helped me because i can now use my bricked box

Comment

Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO Plus TV Box 1GB+8GB/2GB+16GB: PC Flash Firmware SD Flash Firmware Flash guide, please refer to: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/ Have fun ! Dec 20, 2017 What’s your Reaction? +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 Facebook Twitter Email

Comment

The file is dated 11/24/2017
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

The file is dated 11/24/2017
          which is newer than the one on the 1st post.

Comment

• trebor
            trebor commented
            Editing a comment
            There is no Need to Duplicate your post in may threads
            Thank You.

Is this an official firmware update and how does it compare to 20170919.150557.V0619 firmware that i am currently using? Last time i updated via usb using an unzipped file, is this the same as image burning and using a pc to update?

Comment

I updated my box with M8S_PRO+-ota-20171128.111200.V0928 firmware,and a weird thing is that only 1 Gb of memory is visible and TVMC is crashing...

Comment

Originally posted by zabba View Post
              Hi, i am having what i believe is a HDMI blinking problem (intermittent flickering) on my new samsung mu6120 with my box. I am using the 20170919.150557.V0619 stock firmware. Is this issue to do with my box (firmware) or my tv? Thanks
              My box has the same problem. It seems to happen when the resolution is at 4k @ 60Hz. The blinking will go away if I set the resolution to 4k @24Hz. I flashed the latest stock rom and it does not fix it. I asked the seller for a resolution and finally they issued me a refund. I would suggest the same action for your box.

Comment

Can TWRP be used to flash the OTA ZIP?

Comment

Originally posted by aarryy View Post
                  like i said here :
                  http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x/653031-mecool-m8s-pro-tv-box-amlogic-s905x-android-7-1-2-16gb-fast-lan-wifi-802-11b-g-n?p=694403#post694403

You can find a new ROM following this link :
                  MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

It helped me because i can now use my bricked box
                  20171124 vs 20171128

Did Mecool release another update within 4 days?

Comment

Originally posted by Boleh View Post

20171124 vs 20171128

Did Mecool release another update within 4 days?
                    i downloaded both, the file sizes are different. I flashed with the 24/11 one because that was the one that geekbuying posted on their blog, didn't want them using me flashing the 28/11 one as an excuse not to give a refund for bricking it. Would be good to know what the differences are.

Comment

Hi ppl. Is there exsist OTA update for this BOX? I tried to update it, but It says that there is no new version. On my box is istalled 20170919.150557.V0619. Is maybe OTA limited for region or something like that? I tried to update it manualy via USB burning tool (i tried few version) and without success. Is there any .zip which I can use with Update app?? Tnx in advance!

Comment

Amazon prime video doesnt work on this piece of sh** . when i try to watch a video, a pop up message with an error is displayed... I installed magendanz custom rom and this stock rom and the app continues crashing.
                        The box is sloppy. i dont recommend it. Dont buy it

Comment

Originally posted by Davy Jones View Post
                          Amazon prime video doesnt work on this piece of sh** . when i try to watch a video, a pop up message with an error is displayed... I installed magendanz custom rom and this stock rom and the app continues crashing.
                          The box is sloppy. i dont recommend it. Dont buy it
                          I have had very bad experience using this box for Netflix. I believe Amazon Prime also use DRM to decrypt video.
                          It worked perfectly playing netflix for a few weeks and suddenly I kept getting error -114. Logcat showed an error in "OEMCrypto", which is the DRM component
                          Got my refund and bought a Mi Box.
                          Don't waste your time trying to troubleshoot the problem. If everything else works perfectly (Youtube, Kodi) then that means the DRM component must have failed on your box. Get a refund from your seller and move on

Comment

Originally posted by Boleh View Post

I have had very bad experience using this box for Netflix. I believe Amazon Prime also use DRM to decrypt video.
                            It worked perfectly playing netflix for a few weeks and suddenly I kept getting error -114. Logcat showed an error in "OEMCrypto", which is the DRM component
                            Got my refund and bought a Mi Box.
                            Don't waste your time trying to troubleshoot the problem. If everything else works perfectly (Youtube, Kodi) then that means the DRM component must have failed on your box. Get a refund from your seller and move on
                            im streaming netflix on both my boxs with no problems at all so somewhere along the lines u must have stuffed up your drm when flashing the roms

Comment

Hi,

is it possible to recover the DRM key? I installed LibreElec on the NAND storage. After switching back, Amazon Prime and Netflix don't work

Comment

Working...
                              X