Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Stock OTA & .IMG UPDATE FIX MECOOL M8S PRO PLUS ANDROID 7.1.1 AMLOGIC S905X 2GB/16GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boleh View Post

I have had very bad experience using this box for Netflix. I believe Amazon Prime also use DRM to decrypt video.
    It worked perfectly playing netflix for a few weeks and suddenly I kept getting error -114. Logcat showed an error in "OEMCrypto", which is the DRM component
    Got my refund and bought a Mi Box.
    Don't waste your time trying to troubleshoot the problem. If everything else works perfectly (Youtube, Kodi) then that means the DRM component must have failed on your box. Get a refund from your seller and move on
    Amazon prime works fine in my Leeco cheap phone, but this box cant handle it. The app simply crashes when i try to play any video...

Comment

Originally posted by Boleh View Post

I have had very bad experience using this box for Netflix. I believe Amazon Prime also use DRM to decrypt video.
      It worked perfectly playing netflix for a few weeks and suddenly I kept getting error -114. Logcat showed an error in "OEMCrypto", which is the DRM component
      Got my refund and bought a Mi Box.
      Don't waste your time trying to troubleshoot the problem. If everything else works perfectly (Youtube, Kodi) then that means the DRM component must have failed on your box. Get a refund from your seller and move on
      On every forum you are getting error -114,nobody else does.
      ​​​​​​​Strange does it?

Comment

yes maybe i am just unlucky.
        i know of another person experiencing the same problem on M8S Pro L.

Comment

HI guys,

My box is constantly freezing which I have that bad batch of M8S Pro Plus and I was trying to update on the latest version for what after updating I am not able to start my box. Is freezing! I was not able do downgrade to firmware M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V0321. so can Anybody tel me haw can I fix it?

I have tried everything in my knowledge by SD card and by Amlogic burning tool but I was not able to pas 4% error.

Comment

Is there any way to have newest flash with kernel from 201711xx.xxxxxx.V0928 but NON ATV version ? ...except thats by Magendanz

I don't think that ATV has future on these boxes because every second SmartTV is ATV, so the main purpose of these boxes should be have full Android and not poor ATV without status/nav bar and full Play store without restrictions. I don't know why MECOOL produces just ATV new versions for this box, because it is senseless and contraproductive in future.

Comment

Originally posted by mXHX View Post
              Is there any way to have newest flash with kernel from 201711xx.xxxxxx.V0928 but NON ATV version ? ...except thats by Magendanz

I don't think that ATV has future on these boxes because every second SmartTV is ATV, so the main purpose of these boxes should be have full Android and not poor ATV without status/nav bar and full Play store without restrictions. I don't know why MECOOL produces just ATV new versions for this box, because it is senseless and contraproductive in future.
              I think this is one of the FEW boxes that does support the ATV, so I would think this is what sets this box off from the rest of the bunch. I am sure there are better boxes for the same or even less cost and does NOT use the ATV ROM.

So, kudos to Mecool for providing this ATV ROM, keep it up.

If I buy a shovel, I will not complain because it is not a hoe......... If I want a hoe, I will purchase a hoe and not a shovel.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I think this is one of the FEW boxes that does support the ATV, so I would think this is what sets this box off from the rest of the bunch. I am sure there are better boxes for the same or even less cost and does NOT use the ATV ROM.

So, kudos to Mecool for providing this ATV ROM, keep it up.

If I buy a shovel, I will not complain because it is not a hoe......... If I want a hoe, I will purchase a hoe and not a shovel.

Your logic is non rational, so absolute not agree with your arguments from technical reasons:
                --- it is not hoe vs. shovel, It is shovel+handle ---
                ATV is cropped version of nonATV, launcher and play store is more adapted to IR remote control but at the expense of full functionality - no notifications, no good apps etc...
                So if ATV version then first nonATV too. And no just ATV, because you buy hoe but without handle.. If you like it so good luck to digging with it ;]
                For producers it is very similar to build ATV version vs. nonATV. They don't need second building with hundred developers for it

PS: show me another much sold S905X based nonATV device from MECOOL.

Comment

Your logic is non rational, so absolute not agree with your arguments from technical reasons:
                  ATV is cropped version of nonATV, launcher and play store is more adapted to IR remote control but at the expense of full functionality - no notifications, no good apps etc...
                  So if ATV version then first nonATV too. And no just ATV, because you buy hoe but without handle.. If you like it so good luck to digging with it ;]
                  For producers it is very similar to build ATV version vs. nonATV. They don't need second building with hundred developers for it

Why does it have to be from Mecool?? I want my Mini M8S 2 to support the ATV AND Widevine level 1 with HDCP 1.x, BUT it ain't gonna happen................
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I prefer also nonATV, if you look at the Play Store. 98% of the apps i'm using were not available on the ATV-Play Store.

Comment

Originally posted by hansdampf View Post

I prefer also nonATV, if you look at the Play Store. 98% of the apps i'm using were not available on the ATV-Play Store.
                      You can simple install aptoide and solve all your problems only with few clicks some people want Android for TV, and some people want "Android PC".

Comment

Hello everyone. I have a question after firmware update my m8s pro plus box. My box freezes after update latest firmware. Can I downgrade to a other older firmware? Is It possible or can it help? Thank you.

Comment

Any new suggestions what could be done after bricking the device through OTA-Update? Unfortunately I used both wipe-options...

Comment

Hi, does with work on M8S II 4K? Thanks.

Comment

Anyone know if the sd card brush method can help revive a bricked m8s pro+ ver1.0 which only shows up in usb burn tool with shorting the back of the pcb but gets stuck at 4%??
                              Red light is shown on the box and I'm unable to enter recovery using remote 1 or menu button when powering on. I also tried shorting 2 different locations where the reset functionailty should be but just cannot get a display or recovery showing up.
                              I tried putting an image onto sdcard and using the remote 1 or menu but doesn't seem to work but thinking it may be due to incompatible firmware?
                              Using the usb burn tool I tried to flash the device with several images but always gets stuck at 4%, tried with 2 different usb male cables and shortened.
                              Last edited by wackybruce; 08-02-2018, 16:36.

Comment

Originally posted by wackybruce View Post
                                Anyone know if the sd card brush method can help revive a bricked m8s pro+ ver1.0 which only shows up in usb burn tool with shorting the back of the pcb but gets stuck at 4%??
                                Red light is shown on the box and I'm unable to enter recovery using remote 1 or menu button when powering on. I also tried shorting 2 different locations where the reset functionailty should be but just cannot get a display or recovery showing up.
                                I tried putting an image onto sdcard and using the remote 1 or menu but doesn't seem to work but thinking it may be due to incompatible firmware?
                                Using the usb burn tool I tried to flash the device with several images but always gets stuck at 4%, tried with 2 different usb male cables and shortened.

Power the device with the power adapter during the start of the USB write tool.
                                however,% 4 passes the load when power is applied.

Comment

Working...
                                X