Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Docooler M9S Pro s905x 2G/16G p212

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Delete post

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Vital View Post
      Docooler M9S-PRO 3 / 32gb s905x Hello.I opened the programUSB Burning Tool as an administrator .Android tv box not updating.Help! Video 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0jV...ature=youtu.be Video2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HlwS...ature=youtu.be Tv box Docooler M9S-PRO 3 / 32gb s905x NAND Toshiba THGBM5G8A4JBAIR The photo1 www.tinyurl.com/ycndgkov The photo2 www.tinyurl.com/y8xunsqo
      You have to hold the pin in reset button and plug in usb while holding the reset down, hold pin in reset button until burning starts could be 3 to five seconds

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by hYanKotyx View Post
        I have previously had a few of these boxes ranging from Android v5 through v6.0.1. Being generally satisfied with the product, I recently bought two more of these boxes which should have arrived with Android 6.0.1. As it turned out, they were flashed with a very bad version of 7.1.2.

        LibreELEC
        • Once I discovered that the box only has 1GB of RAM, I tried using the gxl_p212_1g.dtb device tree and managed to install LibreELEC on a flash card.
        • Bluetooth works
        • WiFi works
        • HDMI Resolution: 1080p

        Hi,

        I have this exact box too. I like to install Libreelec in this TV box.


        My issue is described here: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/bla...-8-95-7/3124/3
        I see that you were able to install Libreelec. Can you please tell me the steps you have done to get libreelec in this TV box please

        I have tried these 3 different versions of LibreElec by kszaq with respective dtb trees for each of these 3 version (gxl_p212_1g.dtb), however exactly the same result, that is to say, this box started with sd card then shows s905x logo and then the screen becomes blank.

        https://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/
        libreelec_7.0.3.012
        libreelec_8.0.2e
        libreelec_8.2.3.1

        Please help.
        Kind regards
        Last edited by hannah; 01-19-2019, 12:38.

        Comment


          #19
          Has anyone installed TWRP on v.7.1.2?
          I have a TWRP backup Android v.6.01 https://mega.nz/#!z3om3SIR!obr0DloFY...3YjTfvQuA-BoDA, but I dont know how to get it back. This version supports 1080P.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by hannah View Post

            Hi,

            I have this exact box too. I like to install Libreelec in this TV box.


            My issue is described here: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/bla...-8-95-7/3124/3
            I see that you were able to install Libreelec. Can you please tell me the steps you have done to get libreelec in this TV box please

            I have tried these 3 different versions of LibreElec by kszaq with respective dtb trees for each of these 3 version (gxl_p212_1g.dtb), however exactly the same result, that is to say, this box started with sd card then shows s905x logo and then the screen becomes blank.

            https://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/
            libreelec_7.0.3.012
            libreelec_8.0.2e
            libreelec_8.2.3.1

            Please help.
            Kind regards
            AlexELEC/CoreELEC for amlogic working properly.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by YuriK View Post
              AlexELEC/CoreELEC for amlogic working properly.
              Thank you for your response.

              I have now done this and still getting the Blank Screen after AMLOGIC log while trying to install ALEXElec


              Steps Performed:

              - Image used: https://github.com/AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML/releases
              Name - AlexELEC-S905.X96.arm-2.3.10.img.gz
              - dtb used: https://github.com/AlexELEC/S905-tre...xl_p212_1g.dtb
              - updated the dtb file name to dtb.img
              - I have used rufus to burn the SD card
              - I have connected to the Box via adb
              - I have used the following command to update:

              ```
              adb reboot update
              ```

              I have the same experience with coreelec and my issue is well described here:
              https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/bla...-8-95-7/3124/6

              I would appreciate a bit more guidance.

              Kind regards and thanks

              Hannah

              Comment


                #22
                Del.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by hannah View Post


                  I would appreciate a bit more guidance.

                  Kind regards and thanks

                  Hannah
                  Now I checked LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2.img.gz ,unpacked , installed the image with Etcher on SD, replaced the dtb.img on https://mega.nz/#!K6w1VYbJ!nUdC3kHFX...PLt72ylBYe_o94, put SD in a box, turned on, when you press reset , everything works.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by YuriK View Post
                    Has anyone installed TWRP on v.7.1.2?
                    I have a TWRP backup Android v.6.01 https://mega.nz/#!z3om3SIR!obr0DloFY...3YjTfvQuA-BoDA, but I dont know how to get it back. This version supports 1080P.

                    Yes I have.
                    I have uploaded the TWRP image and instruction here.

                    https://mega.nz/#F!N5tjCCSB!TfUuraPOmwYEe11EYctgOQ

                    Let me know if you have any issues.


                    Here is the instructions again:

                    ```
                    This TWRP reovery works in Docooler_M9S_Pro_s905x_2G/16G_p212
                    TWRP Version 3.2.1-0

                    How to install:

                    Copy this file recovery.img in a sd card and put in the sd slot.

                    Start the docooler box at recovery mode (press the reset button inside spdif hole) and connect the power.

                    The box will reboot to TWRP recovery.

                    The install TWRP permanently via TWRP console (dd). See the screenshot. (photo_2018-12-31_20-40-54). The sd card with recovery.img needs to be in the sd slot.
                    ```

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by YuriK View Post

                      Now I checked LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2.img.gz ,unpacked , installed the image with Etcher on SD, replaced the dtb.img on https://mega.nz/#!K6w1VYbJ!nUdC3kHFX...PLt72ylBYe_o94, put SD in a box, turned on, when you press reset , everything works.


                      Issues: I have tried now 2 times to follow above instructions and both times my DoCooler box starts to TWRP Recovery and do not install LibreElec.

                      I currently have hx_s905x_Nougat_256x4_528m_20171030_1134_ZNT_20171 10107 rom installed. (Android 7.1.2)

                      Steps that I have done:

                      1. Downloaded this file 'LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2.img.gz' from here:

                      ```
                      https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/12...ces/?pageNo=12
                      https://mega.nz/#!v80S2aCa!PD9f3DAzd...hhNTcP9u-Ib8-Y
                      LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2.img.gz
                      ```
                      2. Unpack
                      3. installed the image with Etcher on SD
                      4. Deleted the dtb.img on the sd card
                      5. Download dtb.img from here: https://mega.nz/#!K6w1VYbJ!nUdC3kHFX...PLt72ylBYe_o94
                      6. Copy this dtb.img on the SD card.
                      7. Put this SD card in the SD card Slot in the docooler box.
                      8. Press the reset button inside the SPDIF pinhole.
                      9. Insert the power cord.


                      Output:

                      1. Box first displays AMLOGIC logo for few seconds
                      2. Box enters TWRP recovery


                      Note: Perhaps I have downloaded wrong LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2.img.gz image. Please provide a download link.

                      Kind regards
                      Hannah

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I read a little more from where I have downloaded the image LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2.img.gz


                        https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/12...4119#post94119

                        ```
                        This ODROID C2 version (32 bit) is update compatible with kszaq LE versions:
                        LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2.tar
                        LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2.img.gz
                        The ARM 32bit C2 version above is NOT compatible with aarch64 - 64bit official LE C2 versions, but you can change to 32bit by SSH logging in and issuing this command before a .tar update:
                        touch /storage/.update/.nocompat
                        ```
                        So it appears I was trying to install a 32 bit version of this image to a 64bit AMLOGIC Box and perhaps thus the issue here of the rebooting to recovery.

                        I am NOT able to folow this part of the instruction.

                        ```
                        but you can change to 32bit by SSH logging in and issuing this command before a .tar update:
                        touch /storage/.update/.nocompat
                        ```

                        Any help is apprecaited.
                        Thank you.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          I now have installed latest coreelec in this box and all instructions are here:

                          https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/bla...-8-95-7/3124/5

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X