Docooler M9S Pro s905x 2G/16G p212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Docooler M9S Pro s905x 2G/16G p212

I have previously had a few of these boxes ranging from Android v5 through v6.0.1. Being generally satisfied with the product, I recently bought two more of these boxes which should have arrived with Android 6.0.1. As it turned out, they were flashed with a very bad version of 7.1.2.

New firmware provided by sekerat in post #10 has fixed some of the previous issues with peripheral devices:
    https://mega.nz/#!MtET3DpR!_GT6BlRib...XUSFyOrRHa-ywQ

Use the Burn Card Maker to flash the box (credits go to Based_Skid and his AmLogic tools post).
    https://mega.nz/#!SowFiSID!mEk8gp5qN...xYS5xviDNSUdE8

What is working:
    • USB Keyboard
    • USB Mouse
    • Bluetooth Keyboard
    • Wifi 2.4
    • IR remote that arrived with the box
    • MX3 Remote (fully operational)

What is NOT working:
    • HDMI Resolution is 720p, even though the MBOX launcher settings state that the box is running at 1080p. I tried switching between different resolutions without any effect.

Other firmware issues:
    LibreELEC
    • Once I discovered that the box only has 1GB of RAM, I tried using the gxl_p212_1g.dtb device tree and managed to install LibreELEC on a flash card.
    • Bluetooth works
    • WiFi works
    • HDMI Resolution: 1080p

Final Verdict: STAY AWAY FROM THESE BOXES!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.3 KB ID:	692838

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.5 KB ID:	692839

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.3 KB ID:	692840

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	707636

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	44.7 KB ID:	707637

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	707638

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.6 KB ID:	707639

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	34.3 KB ID:	707640
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hYanKotyx; 02-07-2018, 21:36.

i have the firm but y cant download because i dont understand chinese...if anybody can use the file, and put it in mega. , I wold be very grateful.

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Comment

https://mega.nz/&usg=ALkJrhh3qAx3B5f...qum9T0Q7U6NagQ

install in a sd card...
      Last edited by rubenwrc; 01-10-2018, 21:37.

Comment

Originally posted by rubenwrc View Post
        Thanks rubenwrc. I really hoped that this would do the trick. I could not flash your firmware to board v2.3. USB Burning Tool v2.1.2 throws an error at 7%:[0x32030201]Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error.

I also tried Burn Card Maker v2.0.3 and boot with a toothpick. Upgrade process starts briefly and goes to black screen.

BTW, you can change the UI language for the USB Burning Tool.

1. Start USB Burning tool
        2. Change UI language: second item in the main menu, than choose English from the sub-menu
        3. Load firmware image into the tool
        4. Press Start
        5. Connect HDMI cable into the TV Box
        6. Connect USB-USB cable to the PC
        7. Connect USB cable to USB port 4 on the Android Box (at the same side as the HDMI port). Toothpick is not needed.
        8. Firmware update should start automatically and finish in just about under 4 min.

Comment

I also tried this rom on my docooler m9s pro 16/2 s905x..but stuck at 7%..
          Anyone succesfully flash this rom?
          Is there any other custom rom with this device?

Comment

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1c2atLdQ

Pass: 2uu4

Please send this over to Mega (clueless on Chinese in order to fetch the file.)
            According to the vendor, this file is specific to the v2.3 board dated 2017-09-06. If I can get my hands on this file from overseas, I can start the repair process for SuperSU and the likes.

Comment

I was able to install the firmware from post #3 on my bricked M9s however the WiFi signal is extremely low. I can be right next to the router and the signal strength is still low. I’m not sure if it’s the firmware or the box. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by centralware View Post
                https://pan.baidu.com/s/1c2atLdQ

Pass: 2uu4

Please send this over to Mega (clueless on Chinese in order to fetch the file.)
                According to the vendor, this file is specific to the v2.3 board dated 2017-09-06. If I can get my hands on this file from overseas, I can start the repair process for SuperSU and the likes.
                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Originally posted by sekerat View Post

Decryption code??

Comment

Originally posted by Rccm1112 View Post

Decryption code??
                    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

i create new link.

Comment

Originally posted by sekerat View Post

i create new link.
                      Thanks sekerat and centralware. This new firmware has fixed some of the major issues with keyboards and various controllers. Android resolution is still 720p though. I have updated the original post based on your findings.

Comment

A few months ago, I purchased two of these docooler M9s Pro+ 2/16GB almost identical to the one in post #1. Factory F/W (7.1.2) worst I've ever seen; playback so jerky it's not watchable. I thought I would give it a few months hoping manufacturer would release some decent F/W so box would play as advertised; don't look like that is going to happen. I was able to install TWRP (twrp.p212-3.1.1-0-signed.zip) using built-in updater app; but not able to boot into recovery; (I've read boot from SD disabled in 7.1.2). was able to flash (USB burn tool) the FW in post #3; but appears to be about same FW originally on box. Would like to try LibreElec, but without ability to boot from SD, don't know how to get it done. I've tried just about everything posted on the net with no luck. Thinking maybe somebody here may have a few ideas.
                        Thanks in advance - JF

Comment

which frimware works with 3gb ram and 32gb rom =?

Comment

Docooler M9S-PRO 3 / 32gb s905x Hello.I opened the programUSB Burning Tool as an administrator .Android tv box not updating.Help! Video 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0jV...ature=youtu.be Video2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HlwS...ature=youtu.be Tv box Docooler M9S-PRO 3 / 32gb s905x NAND Toshiba THGBM5G8A4JBAIR The photo1 www.tinyurl.com/ycndgkov The photo2 www.tinyurl.com/y8xunsqo

Comment

Has anyone tried the atvxperience rom on the M9s?

Comment

Working...
                              X