Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] P212 1GB Android TV ROM (stripped for speed) - S905X MXQ Pro, T95X, Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know if we can get androids "live channels" to work?

Comment

also i successfully flashed a scishion v88 pro via usb burning tool. i was going to play with some other roms but was unable to connect to the burning tool again. any ideas on that?

Comment

Does this ROM include Bluetooth support for dongles and Google Cast/AirPlay?

Comment

Thank you PaulieP! This Works great!!
          Last edited by MickeyMouse; 09-11-2018, 03:30.

Comment

Thank you so much, i will try it soon. Finally i found a good rom for 1gb box, because other roms are very laggy for 1gb devices.

Comment

Man, really awesome!!!
              May I ask howto remove SU? I'd like to flash MAGISK.

And is there a way to setup google services?

Comment

Removed by flashing unsu.zip and flashed MAGISK.

But I would like to use playstore....ATVXperience works as well but this rom is amazing fast...

Comment

Is anyone having issues with the WiFi on this ROM?
                  I flashed it to my MXQ Pro with SV6501P WiFi Chip but I cannot turn on the WiFi

Comment

Originally posted by nagoo1 View Post
                    thank you very much for the rom, it's great on t95x.
                    I just want to know if you disabled the home button on purpose and if it's possible to enable it as it makes life alot easier. I even replaced remote.conf with the original file, but home button still not working.

Minor question: sometimes when playing a video from the browser and i try to make it full screen, the screen becomes green. after restart it works normally for a while.
                    I didnt disable it. There seems to be no mapping for it for the IR remotes that I could find.

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                      Removed by flashing unsu.zip and flashed MAGISK.

But I would like to use playstore....ATVXperience works as well but this rom is amazing fast...
                      As mentioned in the original post for the ROM, all of that is stripped out. The ROM is fast *because* all of that junk is gone. It is a 1GB box. None of the ROMs with full play store and google services for S905X are going to run as fast with 1GB as this ROM, not as a brag, it's pure statement of fact - with all of the Google services, framework, etc all running it is a constant load and there isn't enough RAM.

Sideload your apps or use Aptoide TV.

For anyone making AOSP ROMs instead of ATV, do the same. Strip all Google frameworks and services out, keep Play Services, disable as I mentioned in the instructions. Use Aptoide TV as your appstore. Your box will speed up immensely.

Anyone wanting an inexpensive box running ATV well with no problems, get a used Nexus Player, they're about $30-35 shipped on ****, run Oreo, and will run your video apps as good or better as anything you'll get for the same money in the TV box market.

Comment

Originally posted by kreator View Post
                        Hi Paulie, your rom is the best I've ever used for a 1gb/8gb S905X box, this is a truly awesome job, thanks for the effort!

Id like to do the same for my other box, an Nexbox A95X 2gb/16GB with android 7.1.2. Would you kindly post the list of modifications you did on this rom?

I'll try and do the same to the nexbox 2/16gb 7.1.2 .img.

If it works I'll upload here and share with the community.

Thanks again for the awesome job.
                        If it's still relevant (dont check the forums much anymore), here's the basic philosophy to strip any ROM for any hardware platform used by these generic boxes (Allwinner, Amlogic, Rockchip) for top speed.

1. Unless they're Google Certified most of these boxes run a bootleg implementation of Play Services and Store. If you have one of the newest chipsets from 2019 like some of the newer Amlogics that have 30-40% more DMIPS of horsepower than the original S905X, and 3GB or more of RAM then you probably won't have to worry much about performance hit, except for the fact that these are low cost boxes and the ROMS are slapped together and not optimized. So that said, unless you absolutely need the Play store, sideloading or using Aptoide TV for your market will be more efficient, because everything that goes with Google services is a huge performance hit.... and/or Play Store eventually stops working in many cases.

2. Therefore, with that said, you want to unpack the ROM, then strip everything within System/app and system/priv-app that is Google with the exception of Play Services and Webview and a couple other essential bits (and Chrome if you dont have any other browser). Including search, store, games, play music, partner init, account manager, contacts, calendar, clock, etc. Play Services is kept because some apps seem to check for its directory presence. But once you boot the rom you want to disable it from the Settings, Apps menu otherwise you will get errors. Much of this is trial and error how much to cut out before things don't boot, I don't recall everything.

3. strip the unnecessary bloatware from the box maker such as stock apps they threw in, firmware updater, OTA updater apps, Kodi updater/add-on installers etc. You also want to strip out anything that is non-TV-watching related junk. Like calendar and gmail etc. And there are a lot of apps that are regular Android-suited and not suited to the Android TV leanback launcher interface (i.e. they need a mouse) - I got rid of all of them. Also if your box doesnt have bluetooth and you don't plan on adding a USB bluetooth dongle, strip the Bluetooth directory. Most of these box makers leave tons of stuff in App and Priv-app that are unnecessary or not even used.

4. You need to know how to convert to Android TV leanback launcher - this means adding the necessary APKs and making the proper edit to build.prop. If you dont know how to do this then there are a number of threads on the topic. Or just unpack the ROM and look at what's there.

Comment

I was hoping that I would be able to install this ROM in my Docooler M9S Pro box but it did not succeed.
                          This box sells as 2Gb/16GB however actuall ram is 1 GB. Verified via TWRP Terminal.

PCB Pictures:

My current build.prop

```
                          # begin build properties
                          # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
                          ro.build.id=NHG47L
                          ro.build.display.id=hx_s905x-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20171030 test-keys
                          ro.build.version.incremental=20171030
                          ro.build.version.sdk=25
                          ro.build.version.preview_sdk=0
                          ro.build.version.codename=REL
                          ro.build.version.all_codenames=REL
                          ro.build.version.release=7.1.2
                          ro.build.version.security_patch=2017-05-05
                          ro.build.version.base_os=
                          ro.build.date=Mon Oct 30 10:27:06 CST 2017
                          ro.build.date.utc=1509330426
                          ro.build.type=userdebug
                          ro.build.user=ren
                          ro.build.host=gxt
                          ro.build.tags=test-keys
                          ro.build.flavor=hx_s905x-userdebug
                          ro.product.model=hx_s905x
                          ro.product.brand=Amlogic
                          ro.product.name=hx_s905x
                          ro.product.device=hx_s905x
                          ro.product.board=p212
                          # ro.product.cpu.abi and ro.product.cpu.abi2 are obsolete,
                          # use ro.product.cpu.abilist instead.
                          ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
                          ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
                          ro.product.cpu.abilist=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
                          ro.product.cpu.abilist32=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
                          ro.product.cpu.abilist64=
                          ro.product.manufacturer=HongXin
                          ro.product.locale=en-US
                          ro.wifi.channels=11
                          ro.board.platform=gxl
                          # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
                          ro.build.product=hx_s905x
                          # Do not try to parse description, fingerprint, or thumbprint
                          ro.build.description=hx_s905x-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20171030 test-keys
                          Amlogic/hx_s905x/hx_s905x:7.1.2/NHG47L/20171030:userdebug/test-keys
                          ro.build.fingerprint=Amlogic/hx_s905x/hx_s905x:7.1.2/NHG47L/20171030:userdebug/test-keys
                          ro.build.characteristics=mbx,nosdcard
                          # end build properties
                          ```

Comment

Hi everyone and thanks for such a great work making this awesomely fast rom for 1GB p212-board TV boxes, PaulieP !
                            I've been testing your rom and XTMOD rom on my Mini M8S II. Definitely your rom is speedier.
                            As expected, there is always some problem with a custom rom to fit my need, and two of them are major to me:

1. You removed the default Android Webview app in this rom. Normally this should not be a problem, but I use Youtube Vanced, non-rooted version (can't install the rooted version since we don't have google stuff correctly in this rom either, and I don't want to put google framework back on it to make sure the rom is fast - google stuff really bog things down). I'm coming from the world of android PHONE, not tv box, so that's my favorite free, non-ad, background music play enabled youtube modded version. The problem is that it requires MicroG for you to be able to log in to your google account in Youtube Vanced, and without Android Webview, it crashes.
                            This is easy to fix though, I just pulled the Android Webview from XTMOD image and put it in yours. Work like a charm! (I use AMLogic customization tool by ricky divjakovski to unpack/repack rom images)

2. This is harder, as I didn't find out how to fix it yet. MXPlayer did work with your rom, but when I try to access the menu during when video is playing, it didn't pop up the menu dialog. It works with XTMOD rom though. It may have an issue with your rom not having any navigation bar (maybe?). Installing a 3rd party navigation bar doesn't make it work either.
                            And for those who didn't know, MXPlayer is so far the best, smoothest video playback app for android. Period. I've tested so many of them, including KODI and even libreElec (CoreElec to be exact). None can surpass the smoothness of MXPlayer. Btw this is for 1080p-max resolution only. Not sure about 4K since I don't have anything 4K now to test yet.

If you can figure out what went wrong with MXPlayer menu dialog, let me know. I'm pretty sure it's something with your rom, since I didn't have such issue with XTMOD rom.
                            Xannytech : any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by thanghn90 View Post
                              ...And for those who didn't know, MXPlayer is so far the best, smoothest video playback app for android. Period. I've tested so many of them, including KODI and even libreElec (CoreElec to be exact). None can surpass the smoothness of MXPlayer. Btw this is for 1080p-max resolution only. Not sure about 4K since I don't have anything 4K now to test yet...
                              Also.

Comment

Originally posted by gui679 View Post
                                When the system's boot, my T95X 1GB/8GB shows the Amlogic S905X logo, then (in the part that should show the android loading screen) it shows a green/pink screen, and freezes on that.

Some guys on the internet says that it's a HDMI problem, but I'm using the same cable in the same two TVs that works on stock firmware.

So, anyone knows how to fix it?
                                I've tried it again and still not working.

My device is a Sunvell T95X 1GB. I burn the firmware with AMLogic burning tool, all fine, but when I try to boot the system it show's me the AMLogic logo fine, and when it enters on that "MBOX" screen, it got a random color and freezes.
                                Anyone knows how do I fix that?

Comment

Working...
                                X