• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM][Tanix TX3] Poison Rom S905w [EXTREMELY RESPONSIVE]

Poison ROM S905w

Introduction
    Welcome to the Poison ROM thread.
    As promised, im delivering a stunning quality ROM to the S905W community
    All bugs within the firmware are fixed aswell as a crapload of features added.
    Alot of time and effort has been put into this project so if you feel the ROM is good enough for a donation, you can DONATE HERE

This rom was originally created for the Tanix TX3 Mini, if you dont have one and want one you can buy one from here >> https://goo.gl/z3DwqB
    This rom was made possible with my Open source AMLogic tools so head over to the subforum to check them out!

Features
    <----------------------------------->
    Network Tweaks
    -Disabled logging and sending data
    -Use googles DNS by default
    -Extended TCP buffer size
    -IPV4 tweaks
    -Other various network enhancement tweaks
    UI Tweaks
    -Semi transparent navigation and statusbar
    -Changed the launcher background
    -Poison boot video
    -Poison boot logo
    -Window animation scales 75% faster
    Property tweaks
    -ADB enabled by default
    -Device does not sleep by default unless power key is pressed
    -Developer options enabled by default
    -Auto change language disabled by default
    -One key play disabled by default
    -Faster streaming(network tweaks)
    -Better image quality
    -Enabled performance tuning
    -Enabled dithering
    Fixes
    -Enter key bug
    -Statusbar and navigation bar non persistant
    -PPPoE non persistant(Massive memory gain)
    Smoother experience
    -Removed bloat apps
    -Removed bloat libraries
    -Removed factory apps
    -Removed stock kodi config files
    -Removed all pre-installed apps
    -Removed PPPoE
    -Removed obsolete/unusabled apps
    -Remove TTS data(not compatible with device anyway?)
    -Enabled video booting
    -Adblocking hosts
    -Disabled auto language change
    -Added smoother graphics tweaks
    -Netflix HD preinstalled(removable)
    -Youtube TV preinstalled(removable)
    -My amlogic flasher app
    -Init.d enabled
    -Strict LMK handling
    -Deadline scheduler set on boot
    -SDcard readahead increased
    -Disabled certain logging
    -Root and system mounted Noatime
    Universal installation
    -Modified to use preinstalled kernel on device
    -Based on the newest Tanix TX3 Mini firmware
    -Should work on any device aslong as its S905w
    -S905w TWRP packed

... Plus more ive forgot?

Installation
    Option 1 - Flash the .IMG file with USB burning tool
    Option 2 - Write the .IMG to sd card with burn card maker

Download
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Changelog

V1 ------------>
    Initial release
    Only $36.99,buy Tanix TX3 Mini TV Box at GearBest Store with free shipping.

Flashed Stock X96 Mini firmware over atvXperience. Then flashed this firmware. The flashing process crashes at about 10%. Had no issues flashing atvXperience or Stock firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by mrish View Post
      Flashed Stock X96 Mini firmware over atvXperience. Then flashed this firmware. The flashing process crashes at about 10%. Had no issues flashing atvXperience or Stock firmware.
      Just do it with and sdcard and it will work, x96mini has a lot of issues with the USB burning tool...

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post

Just do it with and sdcard and it will work, x96mini has a lot of issues with the USB burning tool...
        I use the SD Card method only.
        Last edited by mrish; 06-29-2018, 13:23. Reason: Typo correction

Comment

Originally posted by mrish View Post
          Same here, use SD card method too.

EDIT:
          I managed to install, just had to format the SD in FAT. (not FAT32 as I had done the other time)
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          Last edited by hotcig; 06-30-2018, 23:16.

Comment

When ever you flash this x96mini you should not erase bootloader usually I get error when flashing if I choose to erase bootloader.

Comment

Would Like to try Rom. Flashable ZIP available

Comment

Excellent work! But does not work spmc on your rom

Comment

installed on a much (ab)used x96 mini box

after flashing more than seven roms, this is arguably the best rom yet

one thing Ricky, i installed Magisk beta, busybox and when i rebooted box everything seemed to work but when i tried to install modules for Magisk.
                  the box seemed to freeze when i selected Magisk to install modules.

I should have kept logs, but is Magisk, updating supersu, busybox, xposed an issue?

anyhow love how stripped down and snappy this early version of the rom is

cheers

Comment

This one works on 4K TV's like the original one from Tanix?

Comment

Yes it works exactly like tanix firmware debloated and optimized, minor changes to the UI aswell

Comment

Could you provide some screenshots, please?
                        I hate the UI from Tanix, plus it would be better for the topic too.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallamoth View Post
                          Could you provide some screenshots, please?
                          I hate the UI from Tanix, plus it would be better for the topic too.

Thanks.
                          Maybe someone could assist here, im quite busy at the moment with personal issues, but i assure you, you will not be disappointed

Comment

Dear Ricky,

Thank you for your work!
                            I’m sorry a bit I’m in trouble with this firmware. My box is bricked now.

I have an MXQ 4K Pro S905W box.
                            Because the stock firmware sucks, I tried lot of diferent firmware on it. I used Amlogic USB Burning Tool to install this firmwares. It was succesfull in every time.
                            At the end I found the best firmware to my box is TX3Mini-20171220-Tanix_Box_Com.
                            But everytime I found some interest firmware I tried it.
                            If something went wrong with the firmwares I always went back to Tanix firmware.

After I install your firmware it has lot of freezing and slowing, so I decided to switch back the Tanix fw.

But!

The install stoped on 10 % with the following messages: [0x30405004]UBOOT/Partition boot/Verify patition/Error result
                            That was happened with every firmware except yours! (stock MXQ, Tanix, X96, ATV experience, etc)

When I tried to install your firmware again, the process stopped on 97 % percent with a different error:[0x30405004]UBOOT/Partition system/Verify patition/Error result

What do you think what happened? How can I restore the box?
                            I tried every configuration settings in Amlogic Tool (Force, Erase All, etc) but without any succes.
                            Unfortunately the SD card boot method on MXQ 4k PRO S905W doesn't work anyway. (I tried many times too)

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by andras View Post
                              Dear Ricky,

Thank you for your work!
                              I’m sorry a bit I’m in trouble with this firmware. My box is bricked now.

I have an MXQ 4K Pro S905W box.
                              Because the stock firmware sucks, I tried lot of diferent firmware on it. I used Amlogic USB Burning Tool to install this firmwares. It was succesfull in every time.
                              At the end I found the best firmware to my box is TX3Mini-20171220-Tanix_Box_Com.
                              But everytime I found some interest firmware I tried it.
                              If something went wrong with the firmwares I always went back to Tanix firmware.

After I install your firmware it has lot of freezing and slowing, so I decided to switch back the Tanix fw.

But!

The install stoped on 10 % with the following messages: [0x30405004]UBOOT/Partition boot/Verify patition/Error result
                              That was happened with every firmware except yours! (stock MXQ, Tanix, X96, ATV experience, etc)

When I tried to install your firmware again, the process stopped on 97 % percent with a different error:[0x30405004]UBOOT/Partition system/Verify patition/Error result

What do you think what happened? How can I restore the box?
                              I tried every configuration settings in Amlogic Tool (Force, Erase All, etc) but without any succes.
                              Unfortunately the SD card boot method on MXQ 4k PRO S905W doesn't work anyway. (I tried many times too)

Thank you!
                              Short the EMMc nand reset pins

Comment

Working...
                              X