No announcement yet.

[ROM][Tanix TX3] Poison Rom S905w [EXTREMELY RESPONSIVE]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original Tanix T3 Mini firmware has a 720p UI thats upscaled to 1080p.
    Cant see any mention of it in your original post so am assuming its still a 720p UI in this firmware?

Hate the 720p UI, not only is it uglier but it causes all launchers to run at 720p as well. Looks horrible when you use a Launcher like Halauncher with custom images.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky divjakovski View Post
      You can make a TWRP backup, transfer backup to PC, then flash poison, all goes wong boot into TWRP then flash backup, but i doubt you will be disappointed
      Hi Ricky, I have a i98 pro TV box but it is based on S905W not S905X. Got a few problem with it.
      1)Wifi speed less than 20Mbps, normally less than 10Mbps, Lan connection also less than 30Mbps, normally only around 20Mbps. Lan speed should get at least 90Mbps since my bandband is 1Gbps and spec states 100mbps. I have a X96mini can get 92Mbps under the same condition. 2) Cannot uninstall apps like FB, netflix, youtube, kodi etc. It reinstall itself after reboot when u uninstall it. 3)The screen resolution is only 1280x720 as shown in CPU-Z
      I am thinking of flashing your poison rom to see if it will solve my problems.
      What do u think? Will it work on my box and solve the problem I am having?
      BTW does your rom have a OTA update option to do updates? My i98 pro no OTA update option.

I want to save my existing firmware first before flashing your rom
      Then if in worst case after flashing your rom is not successful or have major problem, I can restore it using the saved original firmware.
      However I am new to this and not really sure how to do it.
      How to do a TWRP backup and transfer to my PC? Seem like there is many TWRP version out there. Which is the right one I should install for my box?
      How to boot into TWRP for my box after install and do restore if there is a need to?
      Could anyone help me? Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Emmc x96mini.jpg
Views:	1883
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	746941 where is the pin on this boardClick image for larger version

Views:	2439
ID:	746940

Comment

Originally posted by dinomy View Post
          Click image for larger version

Views:	1883
ID:	746941 where is the pin on this boardClick image for larger version

Views:	2439
ID:	746940
          dinomy if u mean the pin to press for flashing rom should be in the AV. Check out video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwD_EXrJmoc

Comment

Originally posted by ricky divjakovski View Post
            Poison ROM S905w

Download
            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Changelog

V1 ------------>
            Initial release
            Hi Ricky, from the download link u give on page 1, what I downloaded is Poison1.1_S905w.zip. Is this the initial release or a updated V1.1? If it is V1.1, what's the changes or update added?

Comment

hi, i have tried to edit this rom with your amlogic tools
              just to remove some pre-installed apps like airscreen/amlogic flash/appinstaller/kodiaddonupdate/miracast
              everything is ok from repack & flashing.
              but the system dont run correctly on the box
              i have execute Google play and chrome app, chrome will show a white screen that should have been the terms of service screen but it doesn't show up, even if i have bypass the welcome to chrome screen and get into the browser, it doesn't work and crash force exit by itself. same goes for google play that keep showing the loading animation.
              do you have any advice on editing this rom?
              Last edited by tab; 10-11-2018, 23:00.

Comment

Hello, I am afraid of an a95x pro cons905w, I wanted to know if the rom has an auto rate frame to avoid stuttering in a24fps videos and approaches. I've tried the atvexperience and the netflix videos do not end up going smooth. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by lsdAdsl View Post
                  Hello, I am afraid of an a95x pro cons905w, I wanted to know if the rom has an auto rate frame to avoid stuttering in a24fps videos and approaches. I've tried the atvexperience and the netflix videos do not end up going smooth. Thanks in advance
                  atvX has auto framerate upto level 2 in v2FF. No, poison doesn't have afr as far as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonian View Post
                    The original Tanix T3 Mini firmware has a 720p UI thats upscaled to 1080p.
                    Cant see any mention of it in your original post so am assuming its still a 720p UI in this firmware?

Hate the 720p UI, not only is it uglier but it causes all launchers to run at 720p as well. Looks horrible when you use a Launcher like Halauncher with custom images.
                    You should use 160dpi with 720p and 240dpi with 1080p.

Comment

compatible with wifi chip HS2734A?

Comment

Hi, this looks good. I haven't read all the pages yet. Does this firmware lockup like the original Tanix? My box freezes whether left in standby or left on and the clock sticks on whatever the time is. Hoping this firmware fixes that

Thanks

Comment

no problems here ! flashed 2 all working good

Comment

How are you guys getting to box to boot from SD card? I used burn card maker and burned the img. But the box just ignores the SD card and boots normally. I have tried with FAT32 and exfat (FAT wasn't an option). Erasing bootloader or not.

I also tried reboot to bootloader and reboot from there

Is there some trick to get it to boot the IMG?

EDIT: I tricked it by using app Reboot Librelec which made it start the "upgrade"
                            Last edited by pd555; 11-05-2018, 23:15.

Comment

Originally posted by pd555 View Post
                              Hi, this looks good. I haven't read all the pages yet. Does this firmware lockup like the original Tanix? My box freezes whether left in standby or left on and the clock sticks on whatever the time is. Hoping this firmware fixes that

Thanks
                              Just to report back. Installed this Poison rom. Box doesn't freeze anymore. However if I use the box after being in standby it is sluggish like something is hogging the memory. My air mouse jumps around the screen, youtube slow and out of sync audio. I clear everything but still sluggish. So I have to pull the power and reboot. Any ideas how I can find out what is going on?

Comment

I find this ROM most suitable to my needs and it seems to run smoothly. However, the lack of generic gamepad support like support for a USB connected PS3 controller is a big thumbs down - is it so hard to get it compiled in or to just add the support for it ?

Comment

Working...
                                X