• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{ROM} Universal S905X AndroidTV 7.1 (BIG UPDATE) V2.3 FINAL

(Rom} S905X AndroidTV 7.1.2 V2.7

V2.7
    -rebuilt to fix some issues
    -Playmusic updates and goes to regular app thats a google issue( Dont update if u want to keep it a ATV app)
    -Youtube App Has iSSUES with s905 (x)(w)(d) processors... known issue Use This app Instead https://smartyoutubetv.github.io/
    -first boot can be sluggish due to all the scripts and all installing but will be good after first boot
    -Look wise i have changed some things as well ...
    -fixed the screen saver issue it now shows never... your welcome

You tell me how this firmware performs ... trying to fix most issues before heading into atvxperience firmware plus this will hold you guys off while we prepare the new firmware.... remember try to donate if you can ... we use donations to buy new boxes to make more incredible firmware for all you guys thanks again

to do:
    -to get voice control working
    -optimize for 1gb devices

This firmware will be the based of the S905X ATVxperience .... coming soon but enjoy this updated version as it is the final one before ATVxperience release

Issues?
    -You let me know ????
    -Youtube does have alot of lag freezes etc... but its the app so i have installed old version dont update it .. if you did update uninstall updates and put do not auto update in play store

Will work for the majority of s905x Boxes but not all

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4aja1p...X_ATV_V2.7.img

I know You been Waiting For this and hope it works for you

Ir remote is loaded with tx5 pro remote you can easily change it to whatever you want ....

Donate:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=HVFF8JVWX3NL8
    Last edited by minixfreak; 08-24-2018, 03:53.

I got a tv box with android 6. Must be first installed android 7 or i can install your rom anyway? Thanks

Comment

my rom is a full image so use amlogic burning tool to burn it , most boxes requires a usb male to usb male to flash

Comment

Wow!!! I am impressed.

Downloaded your ROM and installed it onto my 2 year old X9 (Mini M8S 2 clone) Amlogic S905x, using the USB burning tool version 2.12. Took 4 minutes 38 seconds to install, longest time it has ever taken to install a Rom. Just tested YouTube at 4k, and it played flawlessly, even 60 fps and NO dropped frames. There was an update for YouTube, and for testing purposes, I updated it. What a mistake, would not play anything without hanging. Uninstalled the update and playing again.. YouTube needs to get their act together.

Will do more testing and report. Will be testing Kodi to see if it passes through HD audio........

Edit: Further testing of 4k YouTube at 60 fps, got a lot of dropped frames, but NONE at 30 fps.

Great job.....

Edit : Netflix version 4.7.0 works with the remote (no need for a mouse), albeit in 480p, but that is a known issue on these boxes. The stock remote works out of the box, which is very good. The Airscreen app did not work, uninstalled it. Live Channels works very well, but only in stereo, not Dolby. Emby works great and the live TV streams play in Dolby Digital.

Also, using a remote with dongle and voice, voice does NOT work.

More testing to do......... But looking very good.

Edit: Tested SPMC, but could only get stereo from my BlueRay rips with HD audio. Did not test any videos with just Dolby or DTS.
        Last edited by clarkss12; 08-01-2018, 00:28.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• ricky divjakovski
          ricky divjakovski commented
          Editing a comment
          Im guessing he used V4.0.0 of my custom built AMLogic tools so the sparse image is much bigger then needed, if he does continue to support this rom using my tool his next version will be much smaller.
          to be exact his firmware should be just over 2gb(probably 2.12gb)

Thanks ... and hd audio does work with spmc 17 I'm using it as I type ...i tried my best with this rom hope it meets everyones requirements

Comment

Will this rom has wifi AP6330 support? (I have Nexbox A95X 2/16gb version, as I remember it has this wifi chip.)

Comment

yes i believe it should work

Comment

to get hd audio you have to enable output as raw and also passthrough as raw .... and dont forget to android settings and change it to hdmi not pcm .....i have this set up and it works

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                to get hd audio you have to enable output as raw and also passthrough as raw .... and dont forget to android settings and change it to hdmi not pcm .....i have this set up and it works
                Yes, I have done all those settings..... It is probably my box. Even VLC only outputted multi channel, on other devices, it will output HD audio......

Still quite a feat, porting Nougat onto my older box.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I don't have a usb to usb-cable, but its possible to use a sd card to flash it like other roms, right?

Comment

yes its possible

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                      yes its possible
                      Perfect, will try it tonight. Thank's for your work!

Comment

Great, i will try this tonight!!!
                        I now got the TX7 original 7.1.2 firmware installed, that works great but i have the feeling that it is not optimized because here and there i got some slow performances.

I will report back how it runs

Comment

The first boot takes awhile to optimize ... try to reboot ...

Comment

Unfortunately my remote doesn't work, how can i fix it? And now, how can i install libreelec/coreelec in a sd card? I've tried the toothpick method for the reset button but now it goes straight to android tv. there is a way to reboot in recovery mode from android tv?

Comment

Working...
                            X