• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assistance required! S905X 8gb / 1Gb version - Recovery only on SD

Hello all
    this time I'm really really stuck.
    I have this box:

http://www.mario-sz.com/product/Priv...e-Q1-905W.html 8gb/1gb

The website shows that the unit it's running the S905w,but he actual chipset, under the heathsink, it's a S905X

The print on the PCB shows S905XQ4_V1.0 (Probably 4th quarter , since the date is 2017.11.23)

The units prior to the incorrect upgrade was running Android 7.x.x and on a P281 board

I tried several IMG using burning tools, but the flashing procedure, hangs at 7%

The unit will only go in recovery mode using an SD card with nhg47l/20180313

I'm not able to apply any update via EXT , either SD or USB.

I connected at TTL interface to the unit, so I'm able to use the internal software.

At this point I would like to simply restore the OS to anything more fancy than a black screen.

I need a file to reinstall the recovery mode and then the OS when the unit is booted from the SD CARD,

Please check https://pastebin.com/RC26DzXB for the output

Thank you in advance

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg.jpeg
Views:	537
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	747933Click image for larger version

Name:	123.jpg.jpeg
Views:	548
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	747934

Attached Files

Probably has a modified uboot. Only way to flash is replacing the custom rom's uboot with the one in your box. Or flash a real s905x rom.

Comment

Originally posted by NayamAmarshe View Post
      Probably has a modified uboot. Only way to flash is replacing the custom rom's uboot with the one in your box. Or flash a real s905x rom.
      Thank you for the reply. Do you have any idea where I could find a compatibile s905x rom for the unit?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by KernelPanic

Thank you for the reply. Do you have any idea where I could find a compatibile s905x rom for the unit?

Regards
        atvXperience

Comment

The unit got bricked while installed atvXperience.
          I tried anothe unit and I got the same issue, but I was able to recovery it.
          Right now, I would stay away from the atvxperience till I know I can bring this unit back to life

Comment

Here the img that allowed me to bring the unit back to life.

Unzip and use USB Burning Tool

Comment

Working...
            X