Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Khadas Vim OREO SCV1-ATV ( AndroidTV 8.0 ) - W.I.P.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Khadas Vim OREO SCV1-ATV ( AndroidTV 8.0 ) - W.I.P.

Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all!
    Many thks to gearbest for sending me the device to play
    Many Thks to my beta testers trebor and RISCy Dude

READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!!
    YOU NEED TO HAVE COOLING IN YOU VIM, SINCE THIS ROM RUN A BIT HOTTER THAN NORMAL!

ON FIRST BOOT AFTER YOU LOGIN PLS LET THE BOX IDLE FOR A FEW MINUTES SO IT UPDATED ALL THE SYSTEM APPS FROM STORE.... OR JUST GO TO PLAYSTORE AND SEE IT UPDATING....

THIS IS A W.I.P. SO EXPECT BUGS....

Changelog SCV1:
    • Brand new rom.
    • As close to default Oreo Android TV as possible
    • DEFAULT UNROOTED

Bugs SCV1:
    • Dont use internal video players to play video files... Use Kodi 18 beta 5 or others...
    • Many more i bet........

Download:

Install instructions:
    • Use usb burning tool....

Where to buy:

1º BOOT MAY TAKE AROUND 6 MINUTES!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!

Looking ok well very Good actually
    clean startup, just give it time to sort out its thing
    Looks like a full A8 startup easy...

Don’t forget this is a WIP, so something may and Not work
    Netflix, not happy few weirds errors, Mobile version will work, 4K Youtube

May Need Aptoide or similar if you want more goodies.
    No app draw for sideloaded or non ATV apps etc, run direct from System/Apps
    To create Icons/shortcuts for app drawer
    atvlauncher.trekgonewild.de/index.php 2, quick and dirty (works well)

Runs a tad warm Heat sink for sure…Fan even better 40~50, No fan gets warm.

Remember this is a W.I.P
    Backup what you need before you install.
    Not to your liking Go back, as SC is busy, updates are not a priority at present
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

hi,
      thank you for your great work.
      this rom will works on NEXBOX A95X 2G/8G ?
      thanks.

Comment

Happy you're back making ROMS superceleron !

Comment

Originally posted by BrandoR View Post
          Happy you're back making ROMS superceleron !
          Well just had some time... so thought in doing some roms, this was one of them... more to come, when i have the free time of course!
          PS: i never stopped making it... i just now do it privately to a company

Comment

not installed on m8s ii, 2% error [0x10105002]
            Last edited by elektro86; 11-18-2018, 08:09.

Comment

Originally posted by elektro86 View Post
              yes i was expecting that!

Comment

Can i install it on tx5 pro 905x 2/16
                Last edited by mamoon.tk; 11-19-2018, 22:26.

Comment

Thanks Superceleron

Installed on a generic S905X 2g/16g box from videstrong. Works great and is really fast. However, the remote does not work. Also Chromecast is not working (didn't expect it to but had wishful thinking).

Any suggestions on how to get the remote working? For now I have added a usb air mouse with limited functionality to get me going .

Comment

Just wanted to give you an update on testing on this box: https://www.geekbuying.com/item/YOKA...OX-372276.html
                    The box was lying dead for a long time but this update has given it a new life. The speed is amazing, so honestly I am very happy. I am using mostly Plex and youtube (and it runs in 4K for 4K videos). However, here are some issues I continue to face so wanted to share:

1) The device shows up on Google home (and/or any other casting app) as a Cast device, but I cannot add it to any room or cast to it. Not even music. I was really hoping that this would work. Any suggestions?
                    2) Bluetooth does not work. Actually I have never used the bluetooth on this device so I am not sure if it ever worked or not. But it clearly does not work after the update.
                    3) No remote works. I can either use Harmony Hub with Khadas VIM box config (and that works) or use a USB air mouse.
                    4) I have not been able to figure out how to pass voice commands? I tried a voice remote but that did not work. Clearly google integration does not work, so I am not sure how to pass Voice commands. Any suggestions?
                    5) This could be my box's issue but it used to have Blue LED light when it was booted. But now it only shows RED light. Not sure how to fix that either.
                    6) I have not tried Netflix as I don't have an account.
                    7) the box is not rooted. How can I obtain root access?

I will write more as I discover any other issues.

SC, great work and thank you again. I know you are super bz and updates is not a priority for you but if you could answer some of these questions, it would help. Happy New year to you all.
                    Last edited by canbonbon; 12-31-2018, 18:43.

Comment

• superceleron
                      superceleron commented
                      Editing a comment
                      1- ye... it never will work, you need to be certified by google for it to work
                      2- ?? here works just fine, so dunno on that one!
                      3- here works fine with stock remote (ye khadas do have a stock remote for this device, not bundled with the device...) i use minix remote and works great!
                      4- you need to have a mic remote to for it to work, like minix remote (watch out there is 2 versions of the same remote, 1 have mic other dont...) long press home and it should work!
                      5- no is not a issue of your box, is really a issue from the rom... nothing major i think
                      6- well only mobile netflix works but max in 540p
                      7- root... well i let you figure that one out

PS: this rom should not get another update since amlogic rls the android 9.0 for this chip... i bet khadas will get it for sure!

Thanks for the response. I will try another voice remote because the one I have does not work. Are there any config files I could edit? I guess the higher the version of Android, more closed the system gets. Earlier there were variety of ways to mess around with the box. Now everything is protected for some reason. I will continue to try different configs for Logitech Harmony Hub and see anyone sticks for the remote. Currently I have selected Khadas VIM2 profile so the box is receiving the IR signals partially. I can move around and select OK, thats about it. For the rest, I need to use the USB Air mouse.

One update on the google Cast. So now I know that it does not work. But what it does is somehow if you try to cast something to the box, it fills the cache and the cast app consumes entire memory of the box. The Apps started misbehaving and gave me a notification that Storage is full. I cleaned it up and now everything is back to normal. I have now disabled the cast. Hopefully it will not have any detrimental effect by disabling it.

Amlogic also released 8.1 version for this SOC (S905X): https://androidpctv.com/android-8-1-...gic-s905x-soc/

So I hope they either release 9.0 firmware or an update with 8.1. And I also hope that someone like yourself might be able to post it for the rest of us.

Thanks again for commenting and doing all the hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by elektro86 View Post
                      Originally posted by superceleron View Post

yes i was expecting that!

Hi,

Same error in Mecool M8S Pro Plus s905x 2/16. I see this error can fix with tips in USB Burning Tool but my box brick the last attempt flash the ROM Oreo, I just could fix the box with NAND short pin, or this ROM is incompatible with my box realy?

sorry my bad english.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by harckan View Post

Hi,

Same error in Mecool M8S Pro Plus s905x 2/16. I see this error can fix with tips in USB Burning Tool but my box brick the last attempt flash the ROM Oreo, I just could fix the box with NAND short pin, or this ROM is incompatible with my box realy?

sorry my bad english.

thanks
                        Yes it should be incompatible with you box unfortunately!

Comment

working great for my old KhadasVIM 1, USB burning tool failed try to use mSD method.

cheers

Comment

Hi
                            I tried to flash my minim8s_ii ( 2gb // 8gb ) and it flashed well but after that it get stuck into green screen, I tried to flash it back to original firmware but usb burning tool can not detect the device anymore.
                            I tried several firmware and all vision of usb burning tool same result keep showing green screen, moreover I tried burn card maker to try use sd card nut unfortunately same ..

Any help will be appreciated.

M.Q

Comment

Working...
                            X