Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Khadas Vim OREO SCV1-ATV ( AndroidTV 8.0 ) - W.I.P.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Yes it should be incompatible with you box unfortunately!
    Hi, anyway I appreciate your work and many thanks for all.

A question, this ROM is based in this?

Originally posted by majdi qurony View Post
    Hi
    I tried to flash my minim8s_ii ( 2gb // 8gb ) and it flashed well but after that it get stuck into green screen, I tried to flash it back to original firmware but usb burning tool can not detect the device anymore.
    I tried several firmware and all vision of usb burning tool same result keep showing green screen, moreover I tried burn card maker to try use sd card nut unfortunately same ..

Any help will be appreciated.

M.Q
    Hi,

my attempt flash this ROM on Mecool M8S Pro Plus i have that same result. I would unbrick only short pin nand memory, you can see this thread that unbrick your box.

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by harckan View Post
      A question, this ROM is based in this?
      k
      Nop is Khadas own source!

Comment

Thanks for replay me back.
        I look into and I hope I can figure the way to do it

Comment

Hello Superceleron, sadly I am having issues in this ROM because it does not play 1920 x 800 (or 900) files properly in Plex App. Instead of adding a black bar on the top and bottom as it does on other ROMs, it zooms/squishes the movie vertically and tries to fill the screen. So its kinda doing auto zoom. However, some moves that 1920x1040 play just fine, but majority don't. While I agree its probably a format issue in that App because the files work fine in Kodi. I have reached out to Plex App creators too, but they think its the Android because the same app works fine if I use a different Oreo 8,.0. I was wondering if you had any suggestions?

Comment

• superceleron
            superceleron commented
            Editing a comment
            cant really help you that, aml is dropping 8.0... due to lots of bugs and anyway theirs 9.0 for that chip, just wait for khadas to add it to is github!

Thanks Superceleron. I went on AML website but could not find any link to the 9.0 code. But I found this. See if it helps you in anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by canbonbon View Post
            Thanks Superceleron. I went on AML website but could not find any link to the 9.0 code. But I found this. See if it helps you in anyway.

well you wont find it online the aml 9 code!
            I do have it, but i cant share it or share any of the builds i do on it... my work policies....!

Comment

well you wont find it online the aml 9 code!
              I do have it, but i cant share it or share any of the builds i do on it... my work policies....!
              Thanks for the reply. Yes I do understand that you cannot share the code. That is fine. Hopefully someday you'd get time to work on the 9.0 build for the rest of us. Eagerly awaiting for that. Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

SC, I had another quick question. My box no longer goes into recovery mode I get the AndroidTV by Superceleron splash screen and then it boots into Android (dancing circles). It used to go into recovery by pressing the reset pin in the back. Not sure if that has gone bad or if there is something about your img that does not allow it to go into recovery. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks as usual.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes I do understand that you cannot share the code. That is fine. Hopefully someday you'd get time to work on the 9.0 build for the rest of us. Eagerly awaiting for that. Thanks again for all your help.
                  Well i actually did a generic s905x2 android 9 build that works in many boxes, and give it to FT team and AMLogicTools dev!
                  About your problem, weird is should go to recovery always, are pressing the button when you connect the power?

Comment

Well i actually did a generic s905x2 android 9 build that works in many boxes, and give it to FT team and AMLogicTools dev!
                    About your problem, weird is should go to recovery always, are pressing the button when you connect the power?
                    Can you please provide the link to s905x2 build? I will try it and see how it goes. Thanks

Comment

Hello superceleron or anyone who has this build, what player do you use to play your movies? All the players I have tried play the movie Streched vertically. Well, all except Kodi. That is probably because Kodi has its own player inside or something. I have tried VLC, PLEX, BX Player, they all end up playing movies as if they are squished. Also, none of them can play AC3 movies. Codecs are not found, so that is another issue. Clearly something is up with the build. Are there any settings I can tweak? Not sure what else I can do except continue to use Kodi I guess.

Any thoughts or suggestions how to fix this?

Comment

Hello superceleron or anyone who has this build, what player do you use to play your movies? All the players I have tried play the movie Streched vertically. Well, all except Kodi. That is probably because Kodi has its own player inside or something. I have tried VLC, PLEX, BX Player, they all end up playing movies as if they are squished. Also, none of them can play AC3 movies. Codecs are not found, so that is another issue. Clearly something is up with the build. Are there any settings I can tweak? Not sure what else I can do except continue to use Kodi I guess.

Any thoughts or suggestions how to fix this?
                        Hi, good everything?

I had the same problem with passthrough sound in other ROM. I fixed with editing the build.prop.

Try this

Include this line
                        media.amplayer.boot_vol=0.2

Comment the line (insert # in start)
                        #ro.platform.has.tvuimode=true

good luck

Comment

Hi, good everything?

I had the same problem with passthrough sound in other ROM. I fixed with editing the build.prop.

Try this

Include this line
                          media.amplayer.boot_vol=0.2

Comment the line (insert # in start)
                          #ro.platform.has.tvuimode=true

good luck
                          Thanks for your suggestions but I am not able to edit the file. The file has "RW" permissions but when ES Explorer is not opening it for edit. Also as far as I know the build was not rooted so I am not even sure how to change the properties. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I will also try to reach out to SC and see if he can give some pointers. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions but I am not able to edit the file. The file has "RW" permissions but when ES Explorer is not opening it for edit. Also as far as I know the build was not rooted so I am not even sure how to change the properties. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I will also try to reach out to SC and see if he can give some pointers. Thanks again.
                            I guess the SC include access root in this ROM in developer options, try activate this.

​​​​​​What full name of your box run this ROM? You can post pictures from this?

Thanks

Comment

I guess the SC include access root in this ROM in developer options, try activate this.

​​​​​​What full name of your box run this ROM? You can post pictures from this?

Thanks
                              Activated Developer options. Still not luck. Can you tell where in Developer Options? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X