This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] RedPoisonATV S905W STABLE NEW VERSION 2

The Team has done a new improved Version of the Red Poison Rom.
    It is faster and more responsive.

Changelog:

-Based On Tanix Firmware
    -Twrp recovery installed
    -OTA App Added
    -Zoomtak Box support added
    -Added ability for camera support
    -Fixed OpenMax video drivers (Never Tested)
    -New Theme (Hope you like it)
    -Some little tweaks to improve speed
    -Updated Google Apps

Bugs???
    You tell me

Tips
    -First boot is loading all the scripts so if you encounter slower speeds and playback issues it's because of that, the second boot will fix all this.
    (Must go through setup first and leave running a few minutes before second boot)
    -Front display patches need to flash through
    twrp 1st way is to go to settings/about/systemupdate
    select your zip and choose update ....2nd way is terminal emulator .... reboot recovery then enter and will boot into recovery

Poison is a community project that aims at giving users the best Android TV experience possible.
    Currently we only support AMLogic based devices but we are working on branching to other chipsets.
    So enjoy the cleanliness, optimized and powerful feel of Poison!
    Project developers are Ricky Divjakovski, Whiteak, Minixfreak and Neomode.

Downloads can be found here for Version 1: https://mega.nz/#F!IlIiySLS!anBlYi_S8-TjT88q4cNELg
    Downloads for Version 2 are here: http://poison.freaktab.org/filevault...isonATV_S905W/

There is also a Special Version for the X96 Mini in the Download Folder for Version 2.
    Patches for Clock and other Stuff is here: http://poison.freaktab.org/filevault/Clock_N_Patches/

Firmware specific support will be here

You can contribute to the project by donating at PayPal.Me/PoisonDevelopers
    If you would like a custom built firmware we are able to do this, email [email protected]
    Last edited by neomode; 02-24-2019, 00:26.

Has the 905w firmware UI 1080p or 720p?

Comment

Originally posted by tithitoy View Post
      Has the 905w firmware UI 1080p or 720p?
      720p for s905w

Comment

Hi,
        i?m trying the x96 mini img and I can see that the remote doesnt work, do I need to fix my own remote.conf or have I missed anything (i thought maybe the remote would work out of the box as I took that image) ?

if not I guess I need to custom the rom in customization tool and repack?

I read a little bit in the 905x forum and some apps should be pre-installed, i cant see any (and I have rebooted aswell)

so can you maybe post some more info or link where I read more about changes etc.

anyway, great feeling I have about this rom.

br

Comment

Originally posted by MrPappi View Post
          Hi,
          i?m trying the x96 mini img and I can see that the remote doesnt work, do I need to fix my own remote.conf or have I missed anything (i thought maybe the remote would work out of the box as I took that image) ?

if not I guess I need to custom the rom in customization tool and repack?

I read a little bit in the 905x forum and some apps should be pre-installed, i cant see any (and I have rebooted aswell)

so can you maybe post some more info or link where I read more about changes etc.

anyway, great feeling I have about this rom.

br
          The remote should work ... there are x96 mini clones that are different going around .... and this is poison Rom so just basic Google apps ..u add the rest

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post

The remote should work ... there are x96 mini clones that are different going around .... and this is poison Rom so just basic Google apps ..u add the rest
            I have the good ones and the remotes is working perfect when using atvxperience so thats why I got confused that it didn?t worked with the poison (as I know u have done a lot around that one)

Comment

Originally posted by MrPappi View Post

I have the good ones and the remotes is working perfect when using atvxperience so thats why I got confused that it didn?t worked with the poison (as I know u have done a lot around that one)
              yes will look into soon and see whats going on

Comment

RedPoisonATV S905W Meecool M8S PRO W.img

Comment

New Version is up checked the first Post!

Neomode

Comment

Hello there and thanks a lot for the new version! It looks fantastic and the performance & especially speed is quite impressive. Seems very stable too, unfortunately I discovered one problem so far which is a bit of a dealbreaker for me: Amazon Prime Video doesn't work. The apk install fine, you can log in to your account without problems, but as soon as you try to play anything it loads for up to a minute and then an error-message is shown: "A problem occurred, please contact the Amazon Service". That's it, nothing more, it didn't even start to play the selected video. Then you can select another movie or series, but as soon as you try to play it the error-message appears again and again.

With the stock ROM for the Tanix MX3 max no problem, prime video works just fine, but I would really prefer to use your ATV-version. I would be great if the Prime Video-issue is fixable and If I can provide any more feedback, info or do some testing please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Vienna View Post
                      Hello there and thanks a lot for the new version! It looks fantastic and the performance & especially speed is quite impressive. Seems very stable too, unfortunately I discovered one problem so far which is a bit of a dealbreaker for me: Amazon Prime Video doesn't work. The apk install fine, you can log in to your account without problems, but as soon as you try to play anything it loads for up to a minute and then an error-message is shown: "A problem occurred, please contact the Amazon Service". That's it, nothing more, it didn't even start to play the selected video. Then you can select another movie or series, but as soon as you try to play it the error-message appears again and again.

With the stock ROM for the Tanix MX3 max no problem, prime video works just fine, but I would really prefer to use your ATV-version. I would be great if the Prime Video-issue is fixable and If I can provide any more feedback, info or do some testing please let me know. Thanks a lot!
                      Thanks for your Feedback.
                      We will put it also to the fix list.

Neomode

Comment

I tested two versions of the Prime-app: 3.0.242.14741 + and an older one from the 3.0.240. Both stopped or showed error-messages when I tried to play anything.

Strangely there's also an issue with the Netflix-plugin for Kodi which shows a similar behaviour. Tanix MX3 stock ROM, Kodi 18.1 stable and the Neflix-plugin 18.2 beta works excellent and is imho so much better, much more useable than the smartphone/tablet version of Netflix. With RedPoisonATV and the same version of Kodi + Netflix-plugin and exactly the same settings (from a backup) the videos refuse to play. Kodi seems to try to play the selected movie for 1-2 seconds and then just stops.

Thank you so much!

Comment

Thanks for the Update.
                          Maybe that help.

Neomode

Comment

RedPoisonATV S905W for Meecool M8S PRO W.img

Comment

Edited
                              Last edited by tithitoy; 02-23-2019, 15:03.

Comment

Working...
                              X