Help to identify + unbrick Amlogic S905X TV Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help to identify + unbrick Amlogic S905X TV Box

Hi, I've been searching and trying with no luck, can't actually identify my device and get the specific firmware, I will appreciate the help.

What I know about this Android TV Box:
    • Sold as Radioshack 4K Android 6.0. This is the picture [link]. I opened/removed disipator and thermal paste to identify.
    • Specs SOLD as having 8G of space and 1G of RAM
    • Chip/ processor says Amlogic S905X Quad Core // J-TPS111 00 // B0DCOCN03210
    • 2 Additional chips identified as Kingston C703U2338.05 & D2516JC4BXGJD each ONE, meaning each chip has those printed letters. Found here on Kingston website and the PDF says it's 4G of DDR3/3L/RAM, I guess those chips are actually the internal space (4g+4g=8G?).
    • One additional chip (memory? with #1503251 G/01/A/987 and small letters KLM8G/GEME HSFL54AGP (appears to be eMMC samsung chip)
    • Can't see any other relevant chip except from network, realtek wifi, etc.
    How did this got bricked?
    Found the website atvexperience [.] com and found there were firmwares for the S905X so I wanted to try updating the box. I didn't use the USB Burning tool to upgrade, installed it? yes, did it detect my device? yes, but as explained I didn't use this for the firmware update, instead I used the SD card method. Used the reset button found inside of the TV Box and booted from SD, first rom didn't work and what I got was an Android logo with an X. So I tried another rom from the same website. That didn't go well, the device turned on, blinked and that's it, done and bricked. Since then I have no video, no lights on, etc etc. The power brick works, and even bricked I can connect it to my PC and use the Amlogic USB Burning tool, the device is detected, but I can't find the right rom.

Tried the Amlogic Burning Tool? yes. I have tried 15 diff firmwares that have identifications of working with the S905X but no luck. I'm using the male to male cable, the Amlogic Burning Tool does identifies the device but get stuck. In some cases I get stuck at 1% and get the "low power error", in other cases I get to 4% and get diff errors like switch identify error. Anyway I can't pass 4%.

Did I make a backup before creating this mess? YES!. I took my time trying diff TRWP, prepared the SD card and tried to boot. I didn't stop until I found the right one and yes I could boot from SD card using the reset button and use the graphical interface. I created a backup. Also tried modding the settings on my tv box AND THEN restoring the backup and booting the device again just to check if the backup worked perfectly, it did. So yes I have a TRWP working backup. The problem? after briking the device I can't boot from SD or use the TRWP tool to restore the backup.

I have tried at least 15 firmwares. Searched all over the web and found some broken links and some working links. At this point no luck yet. I've been reading about the "errors" from the USB Burning tool and to my understanding those happen because I don't have the right firmware.

Any help will be appreciated.

Some pictures of the PCB. The reset button is inside, not exposed via the AV out. Two USB ports, ethernet, HDMI, Micro SD card. The PCB is double sided and the processor is surface mounted with no visible or accesible legs, so I Can't short any pins. Anyway doesn't seem to nee it as I was able to enter recovery mode (in the past) and detect the device with the USB Burning Tool perfectly, no shorting required.

I don't need a perfect fit ROM for this, even one without working WIFI would do the job, why? my interest is at least being able to boot recovery, boot from SD again having video out so I can restore my TRWP backup.

Any help will be appreciated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.0 KB ID:	775125Click image for larger version  Name:	02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	775126Click image for larger version  Name:	04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.1 KB ID:	775127Click image for larger version  Name:	03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	775128
    Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried flashing with the power adapter attached ???

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_flued View Post
        Have you tried flashing with the power adapter attached ???
        Tried absolutely everything, nothing worked. After some hints given on another forum it seems its a fake device. I didn't know about this but read, researched and confirmed: there are cheap android devices produced with let's say 1G ram but the system is designed to say it has 2G, turns out a lot of the specifications you can get from the labels on the hardware or software are false, there are ways to find out the proper ones but outside the installed system.

Nothing worked with mine, I tried gazillion things. I just scrapped some connectors, the rest is trash, long gone trash.

Comment

amigo no se si ya es muy tarde pero prueba esta Rom......... [v7.5] (MXQ) Aidan's ROM [S905X] [P212, P214 & P242] MXQ Pro 4K 1GB 2GB+ (720pUI & 210DPI).img
          tengo esa misma placa trabajando

Comment

prueba
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
            X