This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] SC Khadas VIM1 Pie -Normal- v1.0 20190910

You can download it here: https://forum.khadas.com/t/rom-sc-vi...-20190910/5285
    Last edited by superceleron; 02-13-2020, 09:02.

superceleron

hey bro
    I eventually downloaded the ROM last night and installed it on my p212 reference board!!
    now my reset button does not work and i want to get back to my own rom because wifi does not work for my box.

I tried to install twrp 3.1.1 and 3.2.3 and 3.0.2 but device sticks to logo.
    i think the problem comes from incompatible bootloader and recovery or kernel.
    could you please help me to install twrp on this rom or find a way to boot to upgrade mode?

TNX

P.S : sorry posted in a wrong topic before!

Comment

Originally posted by amirdelta View Post
      I eventually downloaded the ROM last night and installed it on my p212 reference board!!
      now my reset button does not work and i want to get back to my own rom because wifi does not work for my box.
      So sounds like you installed this ROM in a standard TV box and not a VIM1 ? LOL, that is what it sounds like, do you not know that the devices are completely different. ROFL

I tried to install twrp 3.1.1 and 3.2.3 and 3.0.2 but device sticks to logo.
      i think the problem comes from incompatible bootloader and recovery or kernel.
      could you please help me to install twrp on this rom or find a way to boot to upgrade mode?
      1) Look for a Temporary TWRP.zip, you know it is a Temporary-TWRP when inside the zip file there is just files and folders and NO recovery.img that patches original recovery.

2) have you tried using Terminal [ su ] then [ reboot update ] or just [ reboot update ]

Comment

hey man I did know about the difference, but started to do some adventurous activities actually!! :-)))) (of course silly because i didn't know how to get back to previous condition).
        Result was really interesting, because everything worked fine but wifi !
        amazing UI ,the rom has.
        I've just tried this to make sure about hardware compatibility in order to start building my own rom for tv boxes in my spare time.
        because i think the sources are published for VIM freely.
        however! :
        I managed to solve the issue actually.
        ---------------------------------------
        for whom may stuck in such a situation :
        I had a rom working for my box with oreo.
        so decompressed it using costomization tool and installed :
        bootloader
        boot
        system partition
        using dd if= src of=dest partition
        thanks to the debug build!!!

but i think your method will work too
        so i will give it a chance as soon as i mess up again! :-)))))

best regards

Comment

Originally posted by amirdelta View Post
          hey man I did know about the difference, but started to do some adventurous activities actually!! :-)))) (of course silly because i didn't know how to get back to previous condition).
          Result was really interesting, because everything worked fine but wifi !
          amazing UI ,the rom has.
          I've just tried this to make sure about hardware compatibility in order to start building my own rom for tv boxes in my spare time.
          because i think the sources are published for VIM freely.
          however! :
          I managed to solve the issue actually.
          ---------------------------------------
          for whom may stuck in such a situation :
          I had a rom working for my box with oreo.
          so decompressed it using costomization tool and installed :
          bootloader
          boot
          system partition
          using dd if= src of=dest partition
          thanks to the debug build!!!

but i think your method will work too
          so i will give it a chance as soon as i mess up again! :-)))))

best regards
          +1

Comment

hi, i just bricked my tx3 mini installing this rom with the burning tool, it completed instalation and when i power on it never boot it, just a red light, so had to short out the pines but with no changes, i aprecciate any help

Comment

Originally posted by mnl_86 View Post
              hi, i just bricked my tx3 mini installing this rom with the burning tool, it completed instalation and when i power on it never boot it, just a red light, so had to short out the pines but with no changes, i aprecciate any help
              Don't be stupid this ROM is not made for TX3 box!

The Khadas VIM.1 has S905X cpu, not S905W cpu like the TX3.

Learn how to properly "Short-the-Pins" and recover your device with a stock ROM, many tutorials online or YouTube showing how to recover Amlogic devices, or just buy a VIM.1 so you can use this ROM image.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-12_13-57-50.jpg
Views:	2591
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	785783
                Originally posted by mnl_86 View Post
                I did the same mistake, even short pin is not working., USB toll is unable to detect my box....
                (MK pro s6 Plus/s905w-16Gb-2Gb-OctaCore)

Need Help.
                Thanks.

Comment

Update:
                  I was able to unbrick my Android box with Short Pin with SD card method, Not with USB burning Tool.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Which wifi drivers are included? I would try flash on tv box too :-p

Comment

Will this work with mini m8s ii?if yes do wifi and Bluetooth works?

Comment

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post
                        Will this work with mini m8s ii?if yes do wifi and Bluetooth works?
                        NO.

Comment

I need stock firmware for VIM1 does anyone have it?

I believe stock firmware is 2020316 pie 9

I found 200317 on Khads site but its slower then the stock firmware and like the dumbass i am i didnt back up the stock rom

317 has some google app scanner or something and it sucks i wont use it

I reaize VIM1 is older board but dang i lost 10k benchmark beween stock 52K and version 200316 43K i can feel the app i use running slower with newer version then with stock too.

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
                            I need stock firmware for VIM1 does anyone have it?
                            I believe stock firmware is 2020316 pie 9
                            I found 200317 on Khads site but its slower then the stock firmware and like the dumbass i am i didnt back up the stock rom
                            317 has some google app scanner or something and it sucks i wont use it
                            I reaize VIM1 is older board but dang i lost 10k benchmark beween stock 52K and version 200316 43K i can feel the app i use running slower with newer version then with stock too.
                            VIM1 is the old S905X chipset, this Forum thread Highlights the Custom ROM by Superceleron for that board only, and the latest release with "V2" (version2) dated 20200210. That should definitely be better than stock.

There is an older official Khadas' version Pie_v190823 found here: https://docs.khadas.com/vim1/FirmwareAndroid.html

Comment

If I installed the user build ( v2 with no root ) on a TVBox by accident (I misunderstood that this ROM was only for the VIM1) and I cannot press the reset button to enter recovery but I can enter recovery using adb, how can I install a stock ROM on my TVBox in order to erase this ROM?

I tried installing the stock ROM using the Update app and the recovery menu with no success because "ro.product.device" is null and I can't change the signed ROM update-script to not perform this check.
                              I also tried installing TWRP using fastboot but none of my computers seem to detect the TVBox when in bootloader mode.
                              Also, the PC can't detect it (while in recovery mode) using USB Burning Tool of Amlogic in order to flash a new ROM and I can't flash a new ROM with an SDCard as that seems to not work as well.

After trying all of that, what are my options in order to reinstall the stock ROM on my TVBox?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X