This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by almogh52 View Post
    If I installed the user build ( v2 with no root ) on a TVBox by accident (I misunderstood that this ROM was only for the VIM1) and I cannot press the reset button to enter recovery but I can enter recovery using adb, how can I install a stock ROM on my TVBox in order to erase this ROM?

I tried installing the stock ROM using the Update app and the recovery menu with no success because "ro.product.device" is null and I can't change the signed ROM update-script to not perform this check.
    I also tried installing TWRP using fastboot but none of my computers seem to detect the TVBox when in bootloader mode.
    Also, the PC can't detect it (while in recovery mode) using USB Burning Tool of Amlogic in order to flash a new ROM and I can't flash a new ROM with an SDCard as that seems to not work as well.

After trying all of that, what are my options in order to reinstall the stock ROM on my TVBox?

Thanks in advance.
    Well i figured it out myself a few minutes later
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    In order to fix it, just enable USB Debugging and using adb do reboot update ("adb reboot update")
    From there, the PC will detect the device in the USB Burning Tool software and there you can flash a new ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

VIM1 is the old S905X chipset, this Forum thread Highlights the Custom ROM by Superceleron for that board only, and the latest release with "V2" (version2) dated 20200210. That should definitely be better than stock.

There is an older official Khadas' version Pie_v190823 found here: https://docs.khadas.com/vim1/FirmwareAndroid.html
      I found it, it was on a new board i bought that had it. The version i was wanting is 20200316, when i got it i did some benchmarks and got 52K threw antutu, then i downloaded the newer firmware on the khads files section 20200317 and the benchmark got worse 45k, so i wanted to go back but i didnt save the stock firmware and no one believed me that it was 316 on the stock VIM1

SO i just bought another board and copied the rom from it and put it on the one i fubared

I asked around before i bought the second vim1

Originally posted by almogh52 View Post

Well i figured it out myself a few minutes later
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      In order to fix it, just enable USB Debugging and using adb do reboot update ("adb reboot update")
      From there, the PC will detect the device in the USB Burning Tool software and there you can flash a new ROM.
      AWSOME! good work man!

Comment

Working...
      X