platform.conf
    product.PARTITION
    recovery.PARTITION
    system.PARTITION
    UBOOT.USB
    vbmeta.PARTITION
    vendor.PARTITION
    _aml_dtb.PARTITION

This is the content of Android 9 x96mini img.

Or better just pick up vendor and system from the dietviatPDA image and repack?

Because this image boots up with no problem.

DiatvietPDA?? files:

boot.img
    bootloader.img
    dt.img
    dtbo.img
    file_contexts
    logo.img
    <DIR>?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? META-INF
    odm.new.dat
    odm.patch.dat
    odm.transfer.list
    product.new.dat
    product.patch.dat
    product.transfer.list
    recovery.img
    system.new.dat
    system.patch.dat
    system.transfer.list
    vbmeta.img
    vendor.new.dat
    vendor.patch.dat
    vendor.transfer.list

Repacker Kitchen:
    https://mega.nz/#!roFxmSSb!LXuB5oBjc3JJJyKijQ667GdJeGwP8VvI7ZYLeio 4coc crosslinked from https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x/713966-s905x-android-8-0-oreo-tested-on-mini-m8s-ii-possibile-to-work-on-other-gxl-s905x-boxes-testing-needed-wip?p=782620#post782620
    MEGA.txt

Lots of information.I don't really understand what you want.Maybe right.

Comment

Did not work for my... :-(

Tried to copy over xxx.img files to the flashable zip, but did not work..Ill try some other archivers

Comment

You can just do level one unpack repack with version 6 of tool, the tx5 system works in this firmware gboard has no letters on start up so you need remote with keyboard to setup the n5 firmware works on this bootloader and the tx5 system works with this firmware as well. Tx5 ATV with wifi
        Last edited by mick154; 11-09-2019, 20:37.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post

X96 2gb 16gb wifi 8189

My S905X Boxes have WIFI AP6255 chip.... anyone know how to install the drivers properly? I would like to upgrade my boxes to a new stable firmware as there are issues with the Stock firmwares on both boxes. Can’t watch anything on the web browser in full screen as most of the screen goes green on full screen.

I prefer Android ROMs not based on Android TV as Android TV requires many of the apps I use to be side loaded and I have become used to using my mouse to control the TV box.
          Last edited by DrDroid; 11-10-2019, 13:13.

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
            Did not work for my... :-(

Tried to copy over xxx.img files to the flashable zip, but did not work..Ill try some other archivers
            This archiver is better ,but it is in russian.It also needs to be installed on the android device.It should be in the archive.Perhaps you missed something there are some subtleties.It is difficult to describe everything in detail.

Comment

Created Android 9TV for S905w...testing...
              Last edited by soldiaz; 11-10-2019, 09:21.

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                Created Android 9TV for S905w...testing...
                Congratulations.

Comment

New firmware android 9.0 for Amlogic S905x.

​​​​​​Firmware address : https://mega.nz/#!b0cCSIYS!-9ML4Kocx...V_nIs7-UQ0KfeI

I write English with translation. Therefore, I will be laconic. Write your feedback. I made this firmware as a port.
                  Testing your ROM on my Mini M8S II.

WiFi and Ethernet working.

Remote not working so will try to see if my Remote config file will work however I doubt it will work properly as it is linked to the SystemUI although both remote looks similar I have no idea how each button on my remote will work with this firmware. Will update once I have fully tested everything and see if I can tweak it to my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDroid View Post

Testing your ROM on my Mini M8S II.
                    ?
                    WiFi and Ethernet working.
                    ?
                    Remote not working so will try to see if my Remote config file will work however I doubt it will work properly as it is linked to the SystemUI although both remote looks similar I have no idea how each button on my remote will work with this firmware. Will update once I have fully tested everything and see if I can tweak it to my liking.
                    The remotes are different.There is a program for determining button presses.

key_test.apk

You can also install the file along the path /vendor/usr/keylayout/ .It must be unpacked before installation.
                    Vendor_0001_Product_0001.zip
                    Attached Files

Comment

Delete

Comment

key_test.apk

You can also install the file along the path /vendor/usr/keylayout/ .It must be unpacked before installation.
                        Hi sagert,

I also installed your ATV 9 ROM on my x96 box (S905x 2/16) successfully and faced the same remote not working issue. Actually this is the only ROM that has worked with wifi where as all the ROMs I tried (ATV, Poison, Minixfreak etc...) where giving wifi connection issues.

The ROM is stable and runs smooth with everything working except the remote. I tried installing the APK you provided and the only keys that work are HOME, DOWN, UP & BACK and nothing else. I'm not able to copy the keylayout file into the Vendor folder as I suppose the ROM isn't rooted? Could you please help me with getting the remote working as this will be the best ROM for me to use on daily basis!

Thanks once again!

Comment

Originally posted by markshane View Post

Hi sagert,

I also installed your ATV 9 ROM on my x96 box (S905x 2/16) successfully and faced the same remote not working issue. Actually this is the only ROM that has worked with wifi where as all the ROMs I tried (ATV, Poison, Minixfreak etc...) where giving wifi connection issues.

The ROM is stable and runs smooth with everything working except the remote. I tried installing the APK you provided and the only keys that work are HOME, DOWN, UP & BACK and nothing else. I'm not able to copy the keylayout file into the Vendor folder as I suppose the ROM isn't rooted? Could you please help me with getting the remote working as this will be the best ROM for me to use on daily basis!

Thanks once again!
                          ROM is rooted with Magisk, just install the Magisk Manager to manage SuperSU (you don't need the manager apk to gain SuperSU acessa). I will see if I can get the remote working later this week once I have enough time to play with it. I don't like Square Home launcher so will have to find something that is close to my Tanix TX5 launcher & see if I can tweak some of the system UI.

Comment

Originally posted by markshane View Post

Hi sagert,

Thanks once again!
                            Any luck with remote? Have same issue here, is nice to have an up to date rom though. Been stuck on 6.0 for years.

Comment

key_test.apk

Is your X96 Remote working with this firmware. I can't find the remote.conf file.

Comment

Remote config is in vendor partition

Comment

Working...
                                X