New firmware android 9.0 for Amlogic S905x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrDroid View Post

Is your X96 Remote working with this firmware. I can't find the remote.conf file.
    /vendor/etc/remote.tab2 or remote.tab1 or remote.tab3.

Comment

Originally posted by BrookerA View Post

Any luck with remote? Have same issue here, is nice to have an up to date rom though. Been stuck on 6.0 for years.
      On the ATV 9 ROM ,you first need to install root rights.Then you can edit everything.

Comment

I installer an AOSP keyboard on the ATV 9 ROM .It is better.ATV play market limited.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post

On the ATV 9 ROM ,you first need to install root rights.Then you can edit everything.
          Will try tomorrow. Good work & thanks

Comment

I managed to run the remote with few key buttons by using Button Manager App from the Play Store. Also, I have enabled HDMI CEC on my Samsung TV so I'm just using the remote to Switch on and Off the Kodi box. Also to note, on the X96 Kodi Box remote, the Vol+ button is functioning as Power Off and I've configured the Power Button using Button Manager as Power Menu so I can select Power Off.

Still, I would really appreciate if the workaround to remote can be found soon. I tried installing the Magisk Manager app but it doesn't show up on Apps so not sure how to get root access to copy the key layout file in Vendor folder.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post

/vendor/etc/remote.tab2 or remote.tab1 or remote.tab3.
              So do I just copy these files before flashing then re-add after flashing 9.0?

Comment

Originally posted by markshane View Post
                I managed to run the remote with few key buttons by using Button Manager App from the Play Store. Also, I have enabled HDMI CEC on my Samsung TV so I'm just using the remote to Switch on and Off the Kodi box. Also to note, on the X96 Kodi Box remote, the Vol+ button is functioning as Power Off and I've configured the Power Button using Button Manager as Power Menu so I can select Power Off.

Still, I would really appreciate if the workaround to remote can be found soon. I tried installing the Magisk Manager app but it doesn't show up on Apps so not sure how to get root access to copy the key layout file in Vendor folder.
                You need to download the zip Magisk 19.3 file.Then open the Update&Backup program ,select this file and flash it.After you install Magisk Manager and open it and accept the changes.You can read on xda how to install Magisk.

Comment

Originally posted by BrookerA View Post

So do I just copy these files before flashing then re-add after flashing 9.0?
                  If the remote does not work ,you need to edit this file using root.The remotes are different and so that it should be determined ,you need to replace the remote code in the custom code= line.I have custom code=0?fe01 .As in the picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191112-133531.png
Views:	3036
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	789064

Comment

I found the wifi 8189es module in the /vendor/lib/modules folder.There are other modules .

Name:	Screenshot_20191117-100340.png
Views:	2729
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	789629Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191117-100458.png
Views:	2610
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	789630

Comment

In ATV 9 ROM ,it is better to install aosp.keyboard.apk and in the settings to set it to work.

Comment

Hello Sagert, I do also have a remote with 0xfe01 code, do I understand correctly :
                        1. I install atv rom
                        2. I root it with magisk version you noted
                        3. I edit /vendor/etc/remote.tab2 or remote.tab1 or remote.tab3 adding 0xfe01 and that's it? All buttons will work?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabanadze View Post
                          Hello Sagert, I do also have a remote with 0xfe01 code, do I understand correctly :
                          1. I install atv rom
                          2. I root it with magisk version you noted
                          3. I edit /vendor/etc/remote.tab2 or remote.tab1 or remote.tab3 adding 0xfe01 and that's it? All buttons will work?
                          For fe01 ,there is a file remote.tab2 on the path /vendor/etc.

Name:	Screenshot_20191126-205701.png
Views:	2335
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	790712

But all the buttons to work it is difficult.Something else is needed there.For example edit the Vendor0001Product0001 file.

Comment

bekerja pada T95X S905X 2/16 rtl8723 saya.
                            apa yang tidak berfungsi bluetoth, remote, dan av reset tidak berfungsi

Comment

Originally posted by jemvud View Post
                              bekerja pada T95X S905X 2/16 rtl8723 saya.
                              apa yang tidak berfungsi bluetoth, remote, dan av reset tidak berfungsi
                              There are several 8723 along the path /vendor/lib/modules  .

Name:	Screenshot_20191127-155927.png
Views:	2449
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	790802

Remote with fe01, fb04, bd02.But you can replace it with yours custom code.And maybe he will be determined.I have fe01 custom code.

Comment

I have an Mecool M8S Pro+ with this remote

Unfortunately the remote didn't work in the Android TV ROM posted here.

I've also tried the Android TV ROM from DaiViet posted here:

My remote didn't work with V1 neither but it started working after flashing V3/V4 update. So remote config for the Mecool remote must be in the update zip.

Any idea how to extract the remote config?

Comment

Working...
                                X