Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh sagert, thank you so much! I have root now :-D
    For feedback only:
    This TWRP version caused errors (0 and 3?) when updating, but inside recovery mode I used "apply update from EXT" and call this temp TWRP to install SuperSU.
    This TWRP also freezes when exiting to reboot, but I turned it off by power cord.
    SuperSU is now working like a charm :-D

This Youit OTT Tx5Pro S905X is different from others boxes and needs special version of TWRP?
    Where I can find that in the future for update or solve that freezes?
    Magisk is not right to this Box?

Thank you SO MUCH! Have a nice weekend!

Duzhe dyakuyu! Pryyemnykh vykhidnykh!

:-D

Comment

Originally posted by oDuda View Post
      Oh sagert, thank you so much! I have root now :-D
      For feedback only:
      This TWRP version caused errors (0 and 3?) when updating, but inside recovery mode I used "apply update from EXT" and call this temp TWRP to install SuperSU.
      This TWRP also freezes when exiting to reboot, but I turned it off by power cord.
      SuperSU is now working like a charm :-D

This Youit OTT Tx5Pro S905X is different from others boxes and needs special version of TWRP?
      Where I can find that in the future for update or solve that freezes?
      Magisk is not right to this Box?

Thank you SO MUCH! Have a nice weekend!

Duzhe dyakuyu! Pryyemnykh vykhidnykh!

:-D
      You can exit the temporary twrp by going to its terminal and entering reboot system.This is new little experiment.

Comment

It is possible on other firmware android 9 to install this temporary tarp and SuperSU.But first they need to replace the recovery.There I patched the recovery using Magisk.That's why Magisk worked there.In this firmware ,recovery is not patched using Magisk.Therefore ,Magisk does not work in it.But it takes experiments and time to find out the truth.I did not check it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post
          It is possible on other firmware android 9 to install this temporary tarp and SuperSU.But first they need to replace the recovery.There I patched the recovery using Magisk.That's why Magisk worked there.In this firmware ,recovery is not patched using Magisk.Therefore ,Magisk does not work in it.But it takes experiments and time to find out the truth.I did not check it personally.
          sagert, thank You so much by your perfect help!
          Last edited by oDuda; 06-22-2020, 13:02.

Comment

Hi guys. Any idea on how to root this firmware. Btw, No twrm installed. Please help. Thank you

Comment

You have taken great effort in making this ROM. I installed in my X96 with S905X chip. Installation went fine, wireless, ethernet are working. But the interface is slow, remote not working, many apps are not available in playstore. So I want to revert back to 7.1.2. I flashed your ROM using sd card method. Now there is no recovery or twrp installed. So I cannot re-flash my working rom. My PC USB is not recognizing the device to flash twrp from adb or flashing my original rom using amlogic usb flashing method.
              Please advice me how can I install recovery twrp using sd card method or any other way I can flash my working rom using sd card method only, because usb connection is not working, I have tried with 2 USB cables. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sunsoft30 View Post
                You have taken great effort in making this ROM. I installed in my X96 with S905X chip. Installation went fine, wireless, ethernet are working. But the interface is slow, remote not working, many apps are not available in playstore. So I want to revert back to 7.1.2. I flashed your ROM using sd card method. Now there is no recovery or twrp installed. So I cannot re-flash my working rom. My PC USB is not recognizing the device to flash twrp from adb or flashing my original rom using amlogic usb flashing method.
                Please advice me how can I install recovery twrp using sd card method or any other way I can flash my working rom using sd card method only, because usb connection is not working, I have tried with 2 USB cables. Thanks
                you wold need to use mask rom mode, this is acheived by shorting 2 pins on the NAND chip while connecting the box to your computer, it will then be seen by USB burn tool

Comment

There is also a simple android in this theme.It is the first one and you can install many programs in it.Go to a friend who has a working computer to flash the box.I know little about the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jro View Post
                    Hi guys. Any idea on how to root this firmware. Btw, No twrm installed. Please help. Thank you
                    I already wrote about it here ,read it.

Comment

Hi Sagert, you had mentioned you had patched the recovery with magisk. But when I installed magisk manager apk it notifies magisk is not installed. When click install downloaded magisk.zip file and during install it failed saying unsupported/unknown image format. How can I get in to recovery mode, plz help me to install other rom. thanks.

Comment

I have a working computer, installed amlogic usb burning tool, and it is not detecting the device. Unable to do adb twrp on that. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Dear Sagert, I think that you will agree that it is unfair to publish unfinished/untested rom for other members to flash. More over, there is there is no way to get out of this. No root, no recovery, no adb flashing. The unfortunate thing is it is not bricked. Working android, but unsatisfactory performance. No compatible apps in play store. It is working, but I can not use it for any purpose. You are a senior member. Member of your stature should release fully tested roms, otherwise junior members like me will get affected. We lose interest in using the forum and their firmware shortly.

Comment

Dear Sagert, I think that you will agree that it is unfair to publish unfinished/untested rom for other members to flash. More over, there is there is no way to get out of this. No root, no recovery, no adb flashing. The unfortunate thing is it is not bricked. Working android, but unsatisfactory performance. No compatible apps in play store. It is working, but I can not use it for any purpose. You are a senior member. Member of your stature should release fully tested roms, otherwise junior members like me will get affected. We lose interest in using the forum and their firmware shortly.
                            You can install Apkpure.apk and with it you can install many applications.There are several firmwares in this thread.The latest firmware installs twrp and SuperSu.There are changes.Write what firmware you are using?The first firmwares were without twrp.Everything changed over time.

Comment

Apkpure.apk can be downloaded to another android device.Then, through the file manager ,you can transfer it to the box and install it on the box.Adb probably works over wifi.You can also transfer programs via a memory card via usb.Then install them.

Comment

For wifi adb one time first usb connection is required. I tried many few apks thro' usb and few are not working. you said The latest firmware installs twrp and SuperSu. But how can I flash when recovery is not available and amlogic burning tool is not detecting the device. The firmware is SuperCeleron.VIM1.Pie.Normal.v1.20190910test-keys, kernel 4.9.113, from your file X96_Pie_GT1_Mini_Khadas.7z. You said The first firmwares were without twrp. Don't you know releasing a ROM without recovery is technically wrong procedure and you had not disclosed it too?

Comment

Working...
                                X