No announcement yet.

New firmware android 9.0 for Amlogic S905x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello sagert, can you try to make a My box S rom like in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ks-to-t4186475 And also what does OP means when saying "converted the system.new.dat.br to system.img"?

Comment

Originally posted by canadien View Post
      Hello sagert, can you try to make a My box S rom like in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ks-to-t4186475 And also what does OP means when saying "converted the system.new.dat.br to system.img"?
      It is good that others are developing this topic as well.Moreover, now it helps project treble xda well.Now, if there is an android 8, then you can make an android 11 out of it by replacing only the system section in the firmware.The truth is I can not make an android ATV for newer versions of android.Yes, there also Amlogic has its own specifics, such as a small system size of up to 2 gb.In DiogoSilva48, Xiaomi certified TV box.That's why he does better.Can improve over time.I am not publishing android 11 for s905x yet because of minor problems with downloading the browser.You can convert system.new.dat.br to system.img and vice versa there are unpackers for this.

Comment

Ok thanks. By the way you probably know atvxperience released their 9.0 TV. Perhaps you can use their rom?

Comment

Ok thanks. By the way you probably know atvxperience released their 9.0 TV. Perhaps you can use their rom?
          There you need to register and wait a long time after to get this firmware.

Comment

Here it is. These are the first builds and they prepare a new update with issues fixed from first releases.

(for AP6212, prefer this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J62...aRT6aue_1/view)

Download the Multi Wi-Fi version

Download the Ampak Wi-Fi version

Download the Realtek/SSV Wi-Fi version
            Download the APXXX Wi-Fi buildin version
            Download the LPDDR3 Realtek/SSV version
            ===S905X LPDDR3 Devices===
            X96 2G (black PCB = v88-v1.0 2017-05-23)
            Z69 2G (black PCB = XJH_MX173_V00 201-03-03)

READ ME INCLUDED IN THE IMG

Comment

Here it is. These are the first builds and they prepare a new update with issues fixed from first releases.

(for AP6212, prefer this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J62...aRT6aue_1/view)

Download the Multi Wi-Fi version

Download the Ampak Wi-Fi version

Download the Realtek/SSV Wi-Fi version
              Download the APXXX Wi-Fi buildin version
              Download the LPDDR3 Realtek/SSV version
              ===S905X LPDDR3 Devices===
              X96 2G (black PCB = v88-v1.0 2017-05-23)
              Z69 2G (black PCB = XJH_MX173_V00 201-03-03)

READ ME INCLUDED IN THE IMG

Thanks for adding here.I'll see though there maybe my WiFi works 8189 I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post

Thanks for adding here.I'll see though there maybe my WiFi works 8189 I don't know.
                atvX v4 - Realtek/SSV build contains this driver...

Comment

Wifi: 8723bs included as well?

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post

atvX v4 - Realtek/SSV build contains this driver...
                    Thank you ,I opened this firmware with Amlogic tool v7.1.Thanks bumerc and Nayam Amarshe and At experience.Using open source khadas is a move forward.Since no support is expected from Amlogic..But there is a project treble and these android 9 firmware can be easily made android 11 from them.There in the firmware ,replace the system section.This is done on any phones.I looked in the firmware in dtb there the system size is 0×74000000 there are 3 dtb for 1gb,2gb,3gb.I am better of making the system size 0×80000000.This corresponds to 2gb.When disassembling the firmware ,I noticed that the vendor section was increased.It is clear that the bootloader has also been changed ,so it will be difficult to upgrade to this firmware.There is ssh setup here ,I don't really know it yet.These are my first impressions.I don't know how the TV box with 1gb of memory will withstand?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                      Wifi: 8723bs included as well?
                      It is necessary to parse the firmware of all drivers in the vendor.Moreover ,there are 6 firmwares here.A logic tool v7.1 now opens vendor.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post

Thank you ,I opened this firmware with Amlogic tool v7.1.Thanks bumerc and Nayam Amarshe and At experience.Using open source khadas is a move forward.Since no support is expected from Amlogic..But there is a project treble and these android 9 firmware can be easily made android 11 from them.There in the firmware ,replace the system section.This is done on any phones.I looked in the firmware in dtb there the system size is 0×74000000 there are 3 dtb for 1gb,2gb,3gb.I am better of making the system size 0×80000000.This corresponds to 2gb.When disassembling the firmware ,I noticed that the vendor section was increased.It is clear that the bootloader has also been changed ,so it will be difficult to upgrade to this firmware.There is ssh setup here ,I don't really know it yet.These are my first impressions.I don't know how the TV box with 1gb of memory will withstand?
                        Ok but if you try to create a rom with the my box s like in the xda thread, at least it offers some certifications that are welcome, even if it's still android tv 9, no?

Comment

Ok but if you try to create a rom with the my box s like in the xda thread, at least it offers some certifications that are welcome, even if it's still android tv 9, no?
                          The administration of the site blocker me several times for violating the rules for a long time.There are some ways to certify the play market after installing the firmware.For example here:

Or here's another:

I didn't really understand what you mean.There on XDA they write that the certification is hidden in the bootloader.It can only be read in winhex and then these signatures are encrypted.I haven't come across these certifications yet.

Comment

HDCP I mean: he says disney+ is working. But that's ok, nevermind.

Comment

The Mi Box Firmware Comes As An OTA Update Zip, OP Converted To An IMG File To Install, I Have Spent The Past Week Or So Experimenting With This & Have Created 3 TWRP Flashable Zip Files And i Am Still Experimenting

Comment

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post

The Mi Box Firmware Comes As An OTA Update Zip, OP Converted To An IMG File To Install, I Have Spent The Past Week Or So Experimenting With This & Have Created 3 TWRP Flashable Zip Files And i Am Still Experimenting
                                Lay it out here.

Comment

Working...
                                X