New firmware android 9.0 for Amlogic S905x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sagert View Post
    In Atvexperience 6 firmware.Maybe wifi will work in the second firmware.It may be necessary to insert files from /system/lib where wifi worked for wifi to work.You may need to edit the dtb.All drivers are registered there.It is necessary in that dtb where wifi works looks as there writes.
    ATVXPERIENCE doesn't have the drivers for QCA9377 yet but they said they're going to add them, so I just have to wait for the build I guess, no need to have extra work for nothing and I'm also kinda short on time right now because of college. But I need to do some investigation on the noise reduction situation, see what's missing to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by DiogoSilva48 View Post

ATVXPERIENCE doesn't have the drivers for QCA9377 yet but they said they're going to add them, so I just have to wait for the build I guess, no need to have extra work for nothing and I'm also kinda short on time right now because of college. But I need to do some investigation on the noise reduction situation, see what's missing to change that.
      I can't do that right away.Maybe someone else will install and tell you.I don't have such WiFi.You can try to insert files from /system/lib where WiFi worked.

Comment

Hi Sagert, do you have Mibox S port where WiFi 8189ftv works?
        The Mibox S custom port by Aidan MacGregor only have WiFi AP6212, and QCA9377. Please if you have the Mibox S ported rom with wifi8189f drivers share the link. I really need it because of Google certification.Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by timosat View Post
          The Mibox S custom port by Aidan MacGregor only have WiFi AP6212, and QCA9377. Please if you have the Mibox S ported rom with wifi8189f drivers share the link. I really need it because of Google certification.Thanks.
          hi, have you tried other 9.0 roms for s905x? To see of wifi works in any of them, then can look at removing relevant files from /vendor for the Wi-Fi, if wifi wont work on any android 8+ S905x (android 8 for amlogic updated kernel in 8+ makes older drivers non compatible) then you may be out of luck currently, I would reccomend ethernet anyway I use powerline ethernet adapters as more stable than wifi

Comment

I only have one X96 2gb/16gb TV box.He survived several dozen firmwares.Now you have to often close contacts in order to flash another firmware.I had WiFi 8189 working on Aidan firmware but play market did not work.Perhaps this is due to different countries of residence that the play market did not work for me.You can still install atvexperience.Here they recently posted them in this thread.There are 6 of them..I was advised one and it worked WiFi 8189 and play market.For WiFi to work you may need to transfer files from system/lib where WiFi worked to this firmware in system/lib.Perhaps even in dtb the addresses of the drivers need to be changed which are responsible for WiFi.

Comment

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post

hi, have you tried other 9.0 roms for s905x? To see of wifi works in any of them, then can look at removing relevant files from /vendor for the Wi-Fi, if wifi wont work on any android 8+ S905x (android 8 for amlogic updated kernel in 8+ makes older drivers non compatible) then you may be out of luck currently, I would reccomend ethernet anyway I use powerline ethernet adapters as more stable than wifi
              Yes I have tried many android TV 9 roms and my WiFi worked. I also tried Android TV 9 by Daivietpda WiFi didn't work so I copied my WiFi drivers from Atvxperience 9.0 realtek/SSV to vendor/lib/modules and rebooted and my WiFi works.This was possible because of root on both roms. But Aidan Mibox S port is not rooted so I can't copy my WiFi drivers to it.

Comment

I only have one X96 2gb/16gb TV box.He survived several dozen firmwares.Now you have to often close contacts in order to flash another firmware.I had WiFi 8189 working on Aidan firmware but play market did not work.Perhaps this is due to different countries of residence that the play market did not work for me.You can still install atvexperience.Here they recently posted them in this thread.There are 6 of them..I was advised one and it worked WiFi 8189 and play market.For WiFi to work you may need to transfer files from system/lib where WiFi worked to this firmware in system/lib.Perhaps even in dtb the addresses of the drivers need to be changed which are responsible for WiFi.
                Can you share me the link if Aidan rom that to your WiFi worked?. I have atvxperience 9.0 realtek/SSV and my WiFi worked there But I can't use those rom because they didn't pass safety net. That's is why I need Aidan Mibox S port. Please Sagert tell me how I can root Daivietpda android 9 rom with Magisk. With Magisk installed I can make it Google certified. Thanks.

Comment

Yes I have tried many android TV 9 roms and my WiFi worked. I also tried Android TV 9 by Daivietpda WiFi didn't work so I copied my WiFi drivers from Atvxperience 9.0 realtek/SSV to vendor/lib/modules and rebooted and my WiFi works.This was possible because of root on both roms. But Aidan Mibox S port is not rooted so I can't copy my WiFi drivers to it.
                  Ok I'll try taking the modules out of RTL SSV atvx, I'm working on v3, chromecast removed, and more de bloating, updated to the new gboard and more, modifying the system is working well for me but if I modify vendor my wifi stops working even if I make no changes but bluetooth still works, I can try the copy over though and see if it works

Ps wich davite t version did you modify, the old v1 to v4? Ot the newer V6 & v6.1 and was it the TX5 or TX5PRO?

Comment

Can you share me the link if Aidan rom that to your WiFi worked?. I have atvxperience 9.0 realtek/SSV and my WiFi worked there But I can't use those rom because they didn't pass safety net. That's is why I need Aidan Mibox S port. Please Sagert tell me how I can root Daivietpda android 9 rom with Magisk. With Magisk installed I can make it Google certified. Thanks.
                    In this thread I already wrote how to make root rights for daivietpda firmware.You need to read it because I forgot the details.Or you can use A logic tool v7.1 to disassemble the firmware.After disassembling the firmware pull out system.PARTITION or vendor.PARTITION and rename them to system.img and vendor.img.Then place them in the internal memory along the /sdcard path.On the firmware where the temporary twrp is installed.Then go to that temporary twrp.Then in it convert system.img to system.raw.img
                    simg2img /sdcard/system.img /sdcard/system.raw.img.
                    Then you need to mount 2 files one of which you want to copy the necessary files and the other into which you want to paste the necessary files.Mount one the system and the other to vendor.For example:
                    mount -o rw /sdcard/vendor1.raw.img /system
                    mount -o rw /sdcard/vendor2.raw.img. /vendor

Then copy the files from one to the other while preserving the rights.For example:
                    cp -r -p

Comment

[QUOTE=aidanmacgregor;n817098]
                      Ok I'll try taking the modules out of RTL SSV atvx, I'm working on v3, chromecast removed, and more de bloating, updated to the new gboard and more, modifying the system is working well for me but if I modify vendor my wifi stops working even if I make no changes but bluetooth still works, I can try the copy over though and see if it works
                      Ps wich davite t version did you modify, the old v1 to v4? Ot the newer V6 & v6.1 and was it the TX5 or TX5PRO?[/QUOTE
                      Ok it this: aml_upgrade_package_s905x-tx5-atv9-fix-ce. My WiFi didn't work on this I now copy my WiFi drivers (after comparing I saw only the difference was 8189fs.ko file and it was just only this file 8189fs.ko that copy and send to vendor/lib/modules) and rebooted.My WiFi started working.

Comment

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post

Ps wich davite t version did you modify, the old v1 to v4? Ot the newer V6 & v6.1 and was it the TX5 or TX5PRO?
                        It's Tx5 v6.

Comment

In this thread I already wrote how to make root rights for daivietpda firmware.You need to read it because I forgot the details.Or you can use A logic tool v7.1 to disassemble the firmware.After disassembling the firmware pull out system.PARTITION or vendor.PARTITION and rename them to system.img and vendor.img.Then place them in the internal memory along the /sdcard path.On the firmware where the temporary twrp is installed.Then go to that temporary twrp.Then in it convert system.img to system.raw.img
                          simg2img /sdcard/system.img /sdcard/system.raw.img.
                          Then you need to mount 2 files one of which you want to copy the necessary files and the other into which you want to paste the necessary files.Mount one the system and the other to vendor.For example:
                          mount -o rw /sdcard/vendor1.raw.img /system
                          mount -o rw /sdcard/vendor2.raw.img. /vendor

Then copy the files from one to the other while preserving the rights.For example:
                          cp -r -p
                          Thanks for the effort. I don't have the tools to do this. I appreciate!

Comment

Thanks for the effort. I don't have the tools to do this. I appreciate!
                            This site has a file Amlogic tool v7.1.Or you can use Amlogic customization tool v2.0.10.

Comment

This site has a file Amlogic tool v7.1.Or you can use Amlogic customization tool v2.0.10.
                              Ok thanks.

Comment

Hi Aidan, I see your Mibox S custom port v3 is out. Have you added rtl8189f WiFi drivers? I'm downloading it now I will flash it on my box later today. Thanks for your effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X