Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] [S905X] Android TV Custom Rom 7.1.2 Universal (Most S905X based devices) (MXQ Pro 4K) 1/8GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thecook View Post
    Hallo,
    i have MXQ Pro - cOOLio V2.5 MEE on my Box
    can your Image update on My Box Mxq pro
    with Version of Image Burn Tool and must Copy license file in usb Burning Folder???
    Thanks
    Hi, this will probably not work on your device, as its s905 (p201) and not s905x (p212), you might be able to get it to flash be unselecting "erase bootloader" but i doubt it will work, if your feeling brave and would like to experiment make sure to figure out how to pit your box into "mask rom mode" (so if your box cant be seen by USB burn tool you can un bricked from a incorrect firmware flash) this is acheaived by shorting out 2 points on the logic board while connecting to pc with burn took running, with my rom there are no licence files nesicerry

Comment

Can you say what was necessary to enable Miracast? I have a different device (X96S) and want to add it there (or some kind of other working mirroring).
      Regarding chromecast, you mean that it is is impossible to use Chromecast on any non certified device? I already tried installing "Chromecast built in" app in my device but it didn't work.

Comment

It believe it needs some server side authentication to work some and I dont think it can be worked around, you can try install miracast.apk, I had to install as a system app though

Comment

Can you please point me where to get the miracast.apk? With google, I only find some kind of fake apps...

Comment

Originally posted by sakal View Post
            Not working on my: Tanix TX3 mini-a = Not even boot...
            Dear tx3 mini A is s905W, your box show video on tv???? install the stock rom! If die look by mask rom from this board.

Comment

Disney+ Sound now works!!

Comment

New Update available
                Improvements [V7.3] (06/10/2020)
                Download: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uci6Rl70t4

PRE ROOTED! (Root switch does not work, Always ON)

Disney+ now has working sound (v7.2 but worth mentioning again)

All preinstalled apps can be Un installed (exept system apps)

Samba MSWindows File Server [NAS] (Usb HDD, SD, Internal)

Google Documents UI added (fixes bugs in some apps opening files)

Stock Downloads File Explorer Added (Related to documentsUI)

Google Assistant Text Search Navigation Bug

Phone Settings crash fixed

Wi-Fi Tethering now works (Ethernet to Wi-Fi)

Changed Mouse cursor

Certificate installer fixed

GlobalKeyInterceptor added

OneTimeInitaliser added

GooglePartnerSetup added

Updated Backdrop (no longer claims chromecast built in)

Alternative Screensaver Included (Can uninstall)

Reboot to recovery option in all apps section

More visual tweaks

More Performance tweaks

Comment

Hi Aidan, can I install it on Mecool M8S Pro+; it's a s905x SOC p212 board with Mali 450 GPU (also i think I rooted the box last time i flashed a rom in). The box runs Android 7.1.2 buildid -userdebug 7.1.2/NHG47L/20180806.102424.V0213. I have TWRP 3.2.3 in the box presently which runs fine and box brings up recovery TWRP screens (once reset button is shorted). It's a 2/16 board with a sci s9082c wifi chip. TWRP 3.2.3 only lets me flash a .zip (or OTA package). It asks for target partition if .img filetype is selected but the options shown are only boot, recovery, and logo partitions. Apparently TWRP won't flash to data or system partitions. Can you please make an OTA or zip of this firmware to port from the above version.
                  Last edited by quasims; 10-11-2020, 15:59.

Comment

Originally posted by quasims View Post
                    Hi Aidan, can I install it on Mecool M8S Pro+; it's a s905x SOC p212 board with Mali 450 GPU (also i think I rooted the box last time i flashed a rom in). The box runs Android 7.1.2 buildid -userdebug 7.1.2/NHG47L/20180806.102424.V0213. I have TWRP 3.2.3 in the box presently which runs fine and box brings up recovery TWRP screens (once reset button is shorted). It's a 2/16 board with a sci s9082c wifi chip. TWRP 3.2.3 only lets me flash a .zip (or OTA package). It asks for target partition if .img filetype is selected but the options shown are only boot, recovery, and logo partitions. Apparently TWRP won't flash to data or system partitions. Can you please make an OTA or zip of this firmware to port from the above version.
                    i will make a TWRP backup of a fresh install tomorrow

Comment

aidanmacgregor Any idea why boot up stuck at this point looking for /boot/optee_armtz.ko?? I attached the log.

I download v7.4 and only the MXQ version would complete 100% using USB Burning Tool. The other one Nexbox and Universal would fail to flash at the very end when it fail to match the hash for system partition. Not sure why this happens.

I attached the log of the bootup.

UPDATE:

I was in going in the right direction. I needed an older version that was also MXQ type.

It finally completed and booted 100% using atvXperience_S905X_mxqpro.img.

Thank you
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by hieppo; 03-03-2021, 00:45.

Comment

Originally posted by hieppo View Post
                        aidanmacgregor Any idea why boot up stuck at this point looking for /boot/optee_armtz.ko?? I attached the log.

I download v7.4 and only the MXQ version would complete 100% using USB Burning Tool. The other one Nexbox and Universal would fail to flash at the very end when it fail to match the hash for system partition. Not sure why this happens.

I attached the log of the bootup.

UPDATE:

I was in going in the right direction. I needed an older version that was also MXQ type.

It finally completed and booted 100% using atvXperience_S905X_mxqpro.img.

Thank you
                        HI, my mxq version was supposedto work alog similar lines as the ATVX version you installed, but it didnt work on as many devices (but more than universal & nexbox), your log is actually helpful and may give me an avenue to improve the mxq version

Comment

Working...
                        X