Reliable firmware - where to find??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliable firmware - where to find??

Hi guys, sorry for all the posts, but I’m learning. I can now use the pin shorting method and install firmware and been able to upgrade 2 boxes from Android 6 to 7.

this is great but it’s still quite old and some apps won’t install via the play store, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, Netflix etc. These are the apps I want and my reasoning for trying to upgrade.

so my question is, does anybody know of some reliable firmware that will work on a MXQ S905X box. I’ve tried lost of custom firmware without success. Where do you guys go???

thank in advance

neil

Originally posted by neilop View Post
    Hi guys, sorry for all the posts, but I’m learning. I can now use the pin shorting method and install firmware and been able to upgrade 2 boxes from Android 6 to 7.

this is great but it’s still quite old and some apps won’t install via the play store, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, Netflix etc. These are the apps I want and my reasoning for trying to upgrade.

so my question is, does anybody know of some reliable firmware that will work on a MXQ S905X box. I’ve tried lost of custom firmware without success. Where do you guys go???

thank in advance

neil
    HI ,

if you want to use this kind of Apps you need a DRM L1 certificated Box , not MXQ Shit ,

you have to read and search inside the Threads or must have luck that a User see your

Thread and offers one , search or be patient or even better buy a Box that fits your needs

and not this MXQ Shit Boxes , remember L1 needed for HD & above ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

HI ,

if you want to use this kind of Apps you need a DRM L1 certificated Box , not MXQ Shit ,

you have to read and search inside the Threads or must have luck that a User see your

Thread and offers one , search or be patient or even better buy a Box that fits your needs

and not this MXQ Shit Boxes , remember L1 needed for HD & above ,

good luck / gefattern
      Ok, thanks for the advice. I understand now It’s not worth the extra hassle and fuss.

I’ve been trying to modify the firmware using Amlogic Customisation tool, following some tutorials, but haven’t had success.

Think I’ll give up, thanks for your help!

Comment

Ok, thanks for the advice. I understand now It’s not worth the extra hassle and fuss.

I’ve been trying to modify the firmware using Amlogic Customisation tool, following some tutorials, but haven’t had success.

Hi ,

there is for sure a working Rom for your Box and it must fit your Specs , you only must search further for it ,

and for your DRM L1 needs search for the right Box or Stick , Shield , Apple Tv , Fire TV , Xiaomi Boxes , Mecool ,

i think the best chance is a Fire TV Stick they are cheap , but before buying ask if the suggested Apps really work ,

I am sure you can find a working Rom here , be patient and test possible Roms ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

there is for sure a working Rom for your Box and it must fit your Specs , you only must search further for it ,

and for your DRM L1 needs search for the right Box or Stick , Shield , Apple Tv , Fire TV , Xiaomi Boxes , Mecool ,

i think the best chance is a Fire TV Stick they are cheap , but before buying ask if the suggested Apps really work ,

I am sure you can find a working Rom here , be patient and test possible Roms ,

good luck / gefattern

Everything he said ^

I also dont think bbc iplayer is availible on android TV, you would have to sideload the mobile version (apk)

Have you tried my ROM? it should work on most s905x based boxes (no widevine though like everyone else)
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uci6Rl70t4Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200511-174519.png Views:	0 Size:	310.1 KB ID:	807730

Comment

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post

Everything he said ^

I also dont think bbc iplayer is availible on android TV, you would have to sideload the mobile version (apk)

Have you tried my ROM? it should work on most s905x based boxes (no widevine though like everyone else)
            Hi,

thank, I think I tried one of your rom without success. But I think I come across it via google search. I’ll give it a go.

What other than the processor type should I be looking for when searching?

thanks

neil

Comment

Everything he said ^

Nope, won't work. Gets to 99% and displays this error:

[0x30405004]UBOOT/Partition bootloader/Verifiy patition/Error result

I tried to change the _aml_dtb.PARTITION file from a firmware that I know works with the box.

The code printed on the PCB is HKW_S905X_01 V1.0 DATE:160726

I understand it could be to do with the wifi chips. on the board which is: RTL8188ES F6J54P2 f54

I have a second box that it doesn't work on as well. This is a 905X MXQPRO-8189.

Wifi chip is hard to read : 818ET..... G3J95G2 GG17

Does that help at all? Thanks

Comment

Nope, won't work. Gets to 99% and displays this error:

[0x30405004]UBOOT/Partition bootloader/Verifiy patition/Error result

I tried to change the _aml_dtb.PARTITION file from a firmware that I know works with the box.

The code printed on the PCB is HKW_S905X_01 V1.0 DATE:160726

I understand it could be to do with the wifi chips. on the board which is: RTL8188ES F6J54P2 f54

I have a second box that it doesn't work on as well. This is a 905X MXQPRO-8189.

Wifi chip is hard to read : 818ET..... G3J95G2 GG17

Does that help at all? Thanks

hi, im not sure it has to do with wifi, if the wifi card isnt supported it will just boot wthout wif, your error inicates that it is failing checking the burned image,(Never had this problem myself) (im using burning tool 2.1.6

Try these steps
                Re download image
                Try latest or older USB burning tool
                Run it like Administrator.
                NOTE !!! Check your cable, try with another, if you use micro usb/usb adapter - change it.

The MXQ from google (not alway accurate) suggests its a p201 board and not a p212, if you have working firmwares i can look into it

Comment

Try these steps
                  Re download image
                  Try latest or older USB burning tool
                  Run it like Administrator.
                  NOTE !!! Check your cable, try with another, if you use micro usb/usb adapter - change it.

The MXQ from google (not alway accurate) suggests its a p201 board and not a p212, if you have working firmwares i can look into it
                  Tried to redownload, used other version of the USB Burning tool.
                  Run as Admin.
                  Can't try the cable as I only have one, but I am able to load a success 6.1 version. SO does that prove the cable is ok
                  Unable to get into some sort of boot menu to use the SD card slot, so that is out of the question.

The only version, other than the stock img that I've been able to load is M16_2_16_OS7.1.2_32_stable_online.img

Comment

Tried to redownload, used other version of the USB Burning tool.
                    Run as Admin.
                    Can't try the cable as I only have one, but I am able to load a success 6.1 version. SO does that prove the cable is ok
                    Unable to get into some sort of boot menu to use the SD card slot, so that is out of the question.

The only version, other than the stock img that I've been able to load is M16_2_16_OS7.1.2_32_stable_online.img
                    i tried google that firmware and came up empty, if you can upload it to somewhere and send me the link i can download it and see whats going on (Or try to haha), wont get a chance to look till tomorrow probably though

Comment

i tried google that firmware and came up empty, if you can upload it to somewhere and send me the link i can download it and see whats going on (Or try to haha), wont get a chance to look till tomorrow probably though
                      Thanks, I can't remember where I got that from now. It is an improvement on what I had, it's V7 where it was v6 before. Here's the img file.....

Thanks for your help....

Neil

Comment

Thanks, I can't remember where I got that from now. It is an improvement on what I had, it's V7 where it was v6 before. Here's the img file.....

Thanks for your help....

Neil
                        i have requested access to the file, you will have to approve it

Comment

i have requested access to the file, you will have to approve it
                          Should be done. Took me a little while to realise that you can't authorise via a phone, or iPhone at least!

Cheers, Neil

Comment

Should be done. Took me a little while to realise that you can't authorise via a phone, or iPhone at least!

Cheers, Neil
                            Cool will take a look see if i can see anything obvious, if i cant i will try making the changes, i am wondering if just replacing the system folder in level2 will work...

Comment

Cheers, Neil
                              uploading now off to bed will post a test ROM in morning

Comment

Working...
                              X