[S905W] atvX v4 - AndroidTV 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[S905W] atvX v4 - AndroidTV 9.0

Bringing you the latest release of atvXperience v4 - Pie for S905W!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	New Project (7).jpg
Views:	9913
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	811377

atvXperience is an Android TV based ROM, with Google apps included and all exclusive atvXperience goodies (launcher, fonts, bootanimation, apps).
    Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device, not only that
    we offer the best Android TV Experience to you, running on your Amlogic TV Box.

Based on AndroidTV 9.0

Tested on X96 Mini, MXQ Pro, TX3 Mini
    What's working?

Wi-Fi
    Air mouse
    Netflix
    Amazon Prime
    YouTube
    Auto Frame-Rate
    All Google TV Apps
    Almost everything that doesn't need Widevine L1

Attention:
    We don't force you to use our ROM. It's stable and can be used as a daily driver.
    If you don't like something, please let us know.
    The atvX team holds no responsibility if you brick or break your device.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    Described in the Readme file that you get with the IMG.

Name:	New Project (8).jpg
Views:	9587
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	811378

Download from Mega.NZ

Name:	New Project (9).jpg
Views:	9554
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	811379
    Made by:
    * bumerc
    * acidice

A big thank you to the Freaktab Admin Team and Community for letting us share atvX with others.
    and special thanks to everyone who contributed whatever they could.

Readme:

-> https://del.dog/atvXv4S905W.txt <-
    Last edited by NayamAmarshe; 07-30-2020, 16:07.

Comment

My TX3 Mini has a different wifi adapter than the usual, would you be able to add the required drivers to get it working? With the android 7 version, i managed to copy over the drivers from a firmware that had working wifi to it using amlogic tools but with this one it doesn't want to unpack the level 2 kernel for me to do the same.
      i have the files handy if you'd like to add them to the current firmware.

Comment

Confirming firmware 100% works with SunnzoS9mini (which is Clone of X96mini).

Notes:
        1) I forgot how shite these 2.4ghz wifi modules are in these old S905w devices, all problems with buffering or stuttering video playback was resolved once I switched over to ethernet.
        2) Device still runs hot, but with a usb fan things are kept in check, chip can handle 80*C but I don't like it to be over 75*C so use a fan and all good.
        3) For those that know how to download apks from GitHub, install the latest release of L-Speed, the System/Kernel "Performance" Tweaks quicken up the box by a noticeable fraction.
        4) If using SmartYouTube.apk, force VP9 codec, problems with AVC codec in the app.

Overall, a very nice ROM for a much hated chip

Comment

Originally posted by NayamAmarshe View Post
          ...The atvX team holds no responsibility if you brick or break your device.
          just in case...

Comment

the remote control of my a95x box does not work with this rom
            can you solve the problem?
            thank you

Comment

boxamlogic, you can create your own remote.tab file and copy it to #/vendor/etc/

Create remote.conf from scratch [LibreELEC forum]

UPDATED: A95X-F1_remote.zip
              Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2020, 20:27. Reason: new corrected file uploaded

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
                boxamlogic, you can create your own remote.tab file and copy it to #/vendor/etc/

Create remote.conf from scratch [LibreELEC forum]

EDIT:
                try this files out, and let me know

A95XF1_remote.zip
                which application to install to share files between pc and my A95X A1?
                thank you very much

Comment

I installed your ROM on the x96 mini, it's pretty nice and I am very grateful that you built it. But I also had a lot of trouble.

-Rom is not stable, accounting for more than 60% of RAM.
                  - Google android tv remote not working.

------Important------
                  - I can hardly flash the .img rom with the USB Burning Tool because when I plug the USB into the computer to flash it, it does not recognize the USB even though I pressed the Reset key. it just boots up, not into Recovery mode. (Now I read your note and realize this).
                  - I cannot flash the p281-ota-root.zip file to reinstall the original rom,
                  although it works before. The error screen is: This rom for "p281", this device is "(nothing)". Why did that happen.

- I am still using your ROM now because I can't flash another ROM even though I tried my best, it was okay to watch Youtube but with other movie watching apps, it's quite lag .
                  - How do I flash the rom now? I hope to receive an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by boxamlogic View Post

which application to install to share files between pc and my A95X A1?
                    AtvX v4 comes with FX file manager app pre-installed, use that to copy remote files to to vendor/etc/ folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweets View Post
                      ...How do I flash the rom now? ...
                      atvX v4.x ROM comes as a .IMG, you have to flash it trough USB Burning Tool, use Power Menu app from homescreen and choose Reboot to update via USB option.

[forum.atvxperience.com]

Comment

AtvX v4 comes with FX file manager app pre-installed, use that to copy remote files to to vendor/etc/ folder.
                        i don't know how to set up FX file manager
                        to copy files from the pc to the box
                        how you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by boxamlogic View Post
                          ...to set up FX file manager to copy files from the pc to the box...
                          Home > Network ( + add network connection) / Windows Host (SMB): SETUP (use Browse to find computer - with shared folders)

Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2020, 07:59.

Comment

atvX v4.x ROM comes as a .IMG, you have to flash it trough USB Burning Tool, use Power Menu app from homescreen and choose Reboot to update via USB option.

[forum.atvxperience.com]
                            OK, i can flash the ROM now, but i get this error, when flash 97%. What should i do now ?, please help

[0x30702004]Uboot/Templature Testing/Get result/Out of range

Comment

Try this, set in UBT - View / Temperture setting: (x) range 0 ~ 90

Comment

Working...
                              X