[ROM][S905X] Aidan's Custom 9.0 Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Port [ATV 9.0]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM][S905X] Aidan's Custom 9.0 Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Port [ATV 9.0]

Click image for larger version  Name:	nexus2cee_google-app-3-android-tv-assistant2.png Views:	0 Size:	199.9 KB ID:	824946

This is v7 Beta Of My Xiaomi Mi Box 4 (Mi Box S) Android 9.0 Firmware Port Thanks To Project Treble

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box 4 (Mi Box S USA) Firmware Designed To Run On Amlogic Devices (And Maybe More But Untested)
    This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
    This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And As Such Will Not Work On All S905X Devices, My Older Android 7 Based Firmware Works On Most Devices

Download YouTube Full Links To come
    Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

How To Install:
    See The Website

Extra Thanks To DiogoSilva48 Too
    Last edited by aidanmacgregor; 07-04-2021, 01:54.

Any chance of this ROM running on the MeCool M8S Pro L (S912), with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi fully functional?

Comment

Only One Chance, Try The Project Treble Update.Zip, Instructions on how to try are included on website, you need to install a working 9.0 rom for your device and install from TWRP but this us untested so cant say it will actually work (I only Have 2 S905X Boxes)

Comment

v3

MEGA

Comment

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post
          Only One Chance, Try The Project Treble Update.Zip, Instructions on how to try are included on website, you need to install a working 9.0 rom for your device and install from TWRP but this us untested so cant say it will actually work (I only Have 2 S905X Boxes)
          It looks like a lot of work. But thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post
            [CENTER]This is v3 Beta Of My Xiaomi Mi Box 4 (Mi Box S) Android 9.0 Firmware
            Please post your work here on freaktab rather than a link to your own website.

Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post

Please post your work here on freaktab rather than a link to your own website.
              Some Screenshots And Some Info On Features?

Comment

• blinkone
                blinkone commented
                Editing a comment
                Screenshots, info and download links all good but no links to your own website.

aidanmacgregor : will you create S912 thread here on FT? I foiund S912 rls on XDA. I own TANIX TX92 3/32LPDDR and I am very interested in the rom for S912, kind regards

Comment

Installed it on my Mini M8sII and it works great. Wifi and remote work fine.
                Only thing is there are no apps pre installed?
                I was hoping Widevine L1 was working, but unfortunately I it isn't.
                Overall a very nice smooth rom ???

???

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                  aidanmacgregor : will you create S912 thread here on FT? I foiund S912 rls on XDA. I own TANIX TX92 3/32LPDDR and I am very interested in the rom for S912, kind regards
                  yes i will make threads here soon, been so busy

Comment

Hi aidan Im asking for your help.

I have a TVBOX
                    MINIM8S_II_V3.2
                    NAND - Samsung KLM8G2FEJA-A002
                    RAM - 4 ps. Spectek Micron PE029 F1638
                    WIFI - Ampak AP6212A

I had the original ROM installed. I saw your Roms and tried to install them.

My first attempt was with: '7. [v6] [S905X] [Android TV 9] (Ampak AP6212) I used Amlogic USB Burn Tool v2.2.0 to flash. '(Now I know my Wifi is AP6212a and not AP6212, I discovered this when opening my bricked TVBOX)

In the first flash, everything seemed to work fine, the ROM was written to 100%. I connected to the power and the screen, the static logo appeared, but then bootloop, I waited about 30 minutes but the startup animation never appeared appear.

Then I tried to install another ROMs, I tried "Aidan’s Custom Android TV 7.1.2" but I could no longer flash any ROM, it always stuck at 7% and error message. This is part of my log:
                    [09:05:30 502] [HUB3-1] [Inf] - send command diskinit
                    [09:05:30 502] [HUB3-1] [Inf] - disk_initial 1
                    [09:05:30 502] [HUB3-1] [Inf] - Send command success
                    [09:06:30 525] [HUB3-1] [Err] - usb_reap_async_nocancel Try 2 time! ret = -116 Timeout = 30
                    , usbReadFile len 512 to read, ret = -116 error_msg = libusb0-dll: err [_usb_reap_async] timeout error
                    [09:06:30 525] [HUB3-1] [Inf] - Read command diskinit status
                    [09:06:30 525] [HUB3-1] [Err] - Check command return failed
                    [09:06:30 525] [HUB3-1] [Err] - [0x32030201] Uboot / Get result / DiskInitial error

I have already tried many proposed techniques for flashing but they have not worked for me, all stuck in 7%. I have found people with similar problems “DiskInitial error” with other tvboxes and other Roms, they indicate the problem is the memory being corrupted so the memory must be repartitioned. They use ROMS that repartition and correct the problem. I don't know for my tvbox which ROM to use to get the memory partitioned if this is the problem.

I have found these two original ROMS http://bit.ly/3aQ970A but I suspect they are not the correct ones because neither is from the motherboard revision V3.2. I have tried to flash them but as with your ROMS it gets stuck at 7% with "DiskInitial error" In my research I have discovered that MINI M8S with versions prior to V3.2 use other ram memories and other nand like SandDisk or Foresee. Mine uses nand Samsung and Spectek memory.

I found this post https://bit.ly/3q64F4j where you help a colleague to enter Mask Rom Mode to solve his problem but the images are no longer available. I think maybe now Im in Mask Rom mode because I don’t need to press the reset button for Burn Tool to detect it, simply I uses the usb cable and Burn Tool detects it. If I connect the tvbox to the power and the hdmi screen my tvbox is completely dead. It does not turn on. Only Burn Tool detects it without having to press the reset button.

I attach images of my motherboard and my log here, this page dont led me upload http://bit.ly/3aUxIl4

Sorry to write so much. Hopefully you can help me get my box back. Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

hi, try this for mask rom mode https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Lr?usp=sharing

& try flashing 6.0 roms till one boots, the you have a recovery rom for if you end up in similar situation

i used this rom to re flash a 7.1 rom (my 9.0 isnt compatible) p212-userdebug 6.0.1 MHC19J 20161101 test-keys

Comment

Hi,

I installed the latest version of [v6] Aidan's Custom ROM [S905X] [Android TV 9] (Universal RTL & BCM).img. Great work but no wifi for my setup. My box is using the broadcom hs2734a chipset. I went ahead and extracted all the files etc. From a working stock OEM build were it works. I have all the files, just need to know where to drop them in your build to get my
                        wifi up and running. here is the list i compiled.

system > lib > hw
                        bluetooth.default.so

system > bin
                        netd

system > etc > bluetooth
                        auto_pairing.conf
                        blacklist.conf
                        bt_did.conf
                        bt_stack.conf
                        bt_vendor.conf
                        bcm4334.hcd

system > etc > wifi > 40183
                        config.txt
                        nvram.txt
                        fw_bcm4334b1.bin
                        fw_bcm4334b1_ag_apsta.bin
                        fw_bcm4334b1_apsta.bin
                        fw_bcm4334b1_p2p.bin
                        fw_bcm40183b2.bin
                        fw_bcm40183b2_apsta.bin
                        fw_bcm40183b2_p2p.bin

system > etc > wifi
                        p2p_supplicant_overlay.conf
                        wpa_supplicant.conf

Box specs:

s905x
                        2gb/16gb
                        ddr: micron (good stuff)
                        nand: micron (good stuff matching set for ddr)

wifi hs2734a (it looks like the drivers for this wifi chipset are as follows, 4334 and 40183 as the stock firmware only has those two drivers
                        present and work's perfect on stock firmware. bcm 4334/40183

Let me know if there is any other info needed. I would love to get this box up and running on v6
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2021, 01:44.

Comment

Working...
                        X