Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modding Some S905X Firmware Fix with Customization Tools 2.0.8 and Root

Fix for not booting

There is a bug when modding some S905X img firmware. When you make a modification and you repack it will never boot and goes to recovery. To fix unpack and replace aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT and UBOOT.USB with the ones in the attachment.

I would imagine when they update the customization tool this will become moot.

To Root

A service must be started in init.amlogic.board.rc

service sudaemon /system/xbin/sudaemon --daemon
    user root
    group root
    disabled
    oneshot

Start the root service between "on boot" and "on fs"

"start sudaemon"

Place SuperSU in /system/app

and place su and sudaemon in /system/xbin

Some firmware already has the service and just needs SuperSU placed. There will be some trial and error.

Files to Mod and Add Root

Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Hello, I bricked my mini m8s II it's possible to unbrik with NAND flash?

Comment

Yes flash your stock firmware back
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

my m8s ii won't run and is not recognised in usb burning

Comment

There is not a pin on the board to make a reset (short circuit) of the nandflash

http://www.cnx-software.com/wp-conte...905X_Board.jpg

Comment

with what apps you can make the transfer. all wonder root. Solid Explorer.
            ES File Explorer Pro .impossible I do not see the root .avecsokis explore. and with
            ES File Explorer Pro it does have the transferred without the root .it takes or zip update
            avec quel apps peut on faire le transfert . tous me demande root . Solid Explorer .
            ES File Explorer pro .impossible je ne vois pas la racine .avecsokis explorer . et avec
            ES File Explorer Pro il ne fait as le transfere sans le root .il faut un un zip update
            Last edited by totor54; 09-07-2016, 03:12.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I was able to root my 2G/8G A95X S905X TV box. However, I am having an issue with the recovery. I am not able to boot into it using the reset button as I was able to previously. I am able to get into recovery through a reboot app in Android but I cannot get out once I am in. Rebooting the box by yanking the power will boot right back into recovery. Same with rebooting from inside the recovery. The only way out was to reflash using the USB burn tool.

Any ideas?

Comment

Hi Prahjister
                I have the same problem with my nexbox A3, as it is based on the S912 hence I cannot use your modified files; can you please let me know what I should change in the two files to make the box boot correctly?
                Thanks

Comment

Try finding an existing modded rom and take the same files from it.

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                    Try finding an existing modded rom and take the same files from it.
                    Many thanks, this worked perfectly well!

Have a good day Sir.

Comment

Which stock Rom did u take from

Comment

I took it form the acemax modded ROM, not from a stock ROM.

Comment

hi, i have a sumvision cyclonex4+ it is the version 2 with the s905x chipset and i am desperate for root access, but have no idea what to do and was wondering if one of you kind folks could help me out.

Comment

is this suppose to work on 6.0.1? cause im not having any luck still getting the recovery mode every time after repacing the files and rebooting, getting really frustrating...

Comment

really odd...it should work...only tried on some firmware...cant guarantee anything

Comment

Working...
                              X