Bootvideo for Amlogic and maybe others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bootvideo for Amlogic and maybe others

In my search to find a way to disable the fixed bootanimation on my X96 I not only found the solution but also some nice "feature".

A normal bootanimation comes as a bootanimation.zip and usually without sound.
    A video boot is a MP4 file with sound and all

To enable video boot a line in the build.prop needs to be edited/added:
    service.bootvideo=1 this enables the bootvideo, service.bootvideo=0 makes use of the normal bootanimation.zip, same for not having this line.
    The actual bootvideo is as said a MP4 file named bootvideo and is located in the etc folder of the system partition - if not you need to make one
    Any resolution the box supports can be used here but for obvious reasons it should be only as long as the actual boot might take.
    There should be a file bootplayer inside the /system/bin folder - this is used to play the video.
    In case it still won't work with all the above files you need to add a service in the init.amlogic.rc file of your kernel.
    Code:
    service bootvideo /system/bin/bootplayer /system/etc/bootvideo
        class main
        user root
        group system
        disabled
        oneshot
    I tested and confirmed it works with basically any MP4 video on my X96 but assume it should work the same way on all 3.14 kernels.

If you don't have the required files in your firmware, try these.
    Last edited by Downunder 35m; 05-18-2017, 11:55. Reason: completed the informations required in more detail

Hello,
    i read your thread in the xda forum.
    I use a t95Z 7.1.1
    i added the lines to init.amlogic.rc and corrected the build.prop.

i also downloaded your attached files and placed it to the folders. My mp4 is in the etc folder named bootvideo. 1. boot=it comes your bootvideo from x96.

why it dont show my mp4?

Comment

Hey,

thanks for the post Downunder.
      This doesn't work on my Minix Neo U9-H, which permissions should the bootplayer and bootvideo files have?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Polarpete View Post
        Hey,

thanks for the post Downunder.
        This doesn't work on my Minix Neo U9-H, which permissions should the bootplayer and bootvideo files have?

Thx
        Its very easy bro after I understand it.
        the bootplayer data is already in the folder. U need only write the lines in the init data (when it dont written) and put your mp4 called bootvideo in the etc folder. THEN(!) just rename your video in bootvideo WITHOUT .mp4!!! Just delete the .mp4.

then it works. And dont forget to put the 1 in the build.prop

Comment

Thanks for your reply ErsFreezy
          I tried like you explained but it doesnt work.
          The code for the service was already written in the init file, but the bootplayer file wasn't there.
          I changed to 1 in build.prop and placeed the video and renamed it accordingly, still no bootanimation shows up when I reebot.

Any idea what could have gone wrong?
          I tried with an A95X R1 (S905W) and it worked. But I need it for my Minix box :/

Comment

Where goes the bootanimation.zip?

If I understood right there is no need to modify anything instead of editing build.prop and set bootvideo=0, right?

Comment

Working...
            X