Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Alternative Method to Recover from Corrupt Bootloader.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stops DOWNLOAD DDR

Comment

Maybe wrong ROM.
      Let me take an look @ your Photos again.

Neomode

Comment

Try this ROM.
        Is for your Device what I can see from your Mainboard.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Please try it!

Neomode

Comment

Thanks! Let s hope! I ll try

Comment

Just a hint. I have an acemax videostrong ki plus and can only use usb burning tool with a specific usb port (the upper left one). I lost quite some time figuring that out. Hope it can help someone.
            Last edited by canadien; 02-08-2019, 01:32.

Comment

Originally posted by stenor View Post
              Here is an elaborate explanation for those who want to try this:

Requirement: USB Male - Male Cable.

Boot Card Maker - from chinagadgetsreviews (I can't post links apparently)

AMLogic Customization Tool - It's here on the forum, in the tools section I believe.

Get a firmware package for your device - Mini M8S II - Here: chinagadgetsreviews - rv112 version
              And also grab the USB Burning Tool from the same page.

Now you're prepared.

Unpack Your firmware with the Customization Tool (Just open the software, click "Load" just select one option like modify dtb or whatever).
              Now open the folder where you installed Amlogic Tools - C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool - or wherever you put it.
              Here you'll find a directory - tmp - go inside, then to directory - level1.

Copy the files: recovery.PARTITION and bootloader.PARTITION and meson1.dtb

Copy these files somewhere safe In this safe place, rename the recovery / bootloader.PARTITION files to - recovery.img and u-boot.bin respectively. Then rename the last file to dtb.img.

Open bootcardmaker. Select the u-boot.bin file and burn it to a small sdcard, following the onscreen instructions. After that put all the files you copied and renamed (including u-boot.bin) on the prepared sdcard.
              Now you can put that card in your tv-box.

But we're not done yet, so don't turn it on just yet. Now, open the USB Burning Tool, select the stock firmware you downloaded (or maybe some other ROM you wanna flash).

Now, with the sdcard in the box, and the USB cable ready - put one end in your PC and while doing the "toothpick" thing. plug it in you tv-box. It should be recognized by the Burn Tool on you PC now.
              If you try to flash right away you might get an error, this seems to be because it needs more power - so plug in the power adapter also.

Now flash and you should be fine
              is this correct
              bootloader.img
              dtb.img
              recovery.img
              u-boot.bin.sd.bin
              Last edited by jemvud; 12-14-2019, 06:14.

Comment

Hi, It has been headache and waste of time in recovering a95xF3 rgb, Appears that the bootloader has got damaged (gets connected to UTB but fails at 1% have tried playing with temp, images, cables and UTB versions, but no success so far . My query from your post is -

[1] do we need to follow all the procedures of USB Burning Tool (Import Image, Start, Connect) and Burn the image. if yes
                [2] what will be status of Erase Flash and Erase Bootloader options available in the USB Burning Tool.

Have spent hours in trying to make the box work. Amlogic stuff is standardised, (UBT, Customization, Firmware, Boot Card Maker etc.) donot work... It is really pathetic. pls reply on [email protected]..

Thanks mate. your research is worth applaudable. Cheers !

Comment

here a method to recover a lost dead box without a new bootloader from this guy

Comment

Is it possible to flash even locked bootloader through UART? I ask since I got one of these x96 mini in my hands which is dead....Revision v 2.2 Samsung chip

Comment

Working...
                    X