Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool M8s Pro + - Nand Mask ROM flash method

Hi

After a couple of requests on how I did the Nand Mask ROM flash to my box, I have created the below tutorial.
    Note that this is just the method that I used, there may be better ways, and also note that opening your box and shorting pins is not without its dangers, so do this at your risk

You will need:
    - small Philips head screwdriver
    - small metal shorting tool (i used the probe from a multimeter)
    - USB A male-male cable (you can either buy these, or make your own - see youtube for tutorials)
    - take a note of the original firmware build that your box came with. If the new ROM doesnt work, then you will be able to download this firmware and flash it using the same method

Steps

- From the first page of the ATV thread, Download the Amlogic burn package USB Burning Tool v2.0.8
    - Download the burn package .img of the ROM you want to install
    - install Amlogic burn package, which will include the World Cup drivers
    - On the bottom of the box, under the four rubber feet is four small screws, remove these, and take the lid off the box.
    - Under the lid, there will be a small silver plastic ring around the outside of the box, remove this
    - On the PCB board, there will be two small screws. remove these (carefully)
    - Remove the PCB board from the box. Note that the wifi aerial may be clipped in to a holder
    - Turn the PCB upside down
    - Plug in the USB cable to the PC, but not the box yet
    - Run the burn package program, and in the second menu at the top, change the language to english
    - In the first menu at the top, you can import the .img burn package you downloaded above
    - Click on 'Start'
    - Plug in the USB cable to the box, in the USB port closest to the power plug
    - Do not plug in the power or anything else, just the USB cable
    - On the attached photo, you can see the two pins that need to be shorted on this box
    - Then quickly short the two pins on the box. If everything goes well, you will hear the PC ping when it recognises the box, and the Burning tool, will show the device
    - You may need to try this three or four times to get the PC to recognise the box. If the box is being recognised as soon as the cable is plugged in, then short the pins before plugging the USB cable in
    - The burning tool should then automatically start flashing
    - If it comes up with an error at 4%, then try again. It took me a couple of goes, before it was successful. Note that this may also be a sign that the cable is too long
    - When it gets to 98% it will stop for a couple of minutes. Be patient, dont remove the cable
    - When you get the message "Burning successful", then you can remove the cable and press 'Stop' on the burning tool

Put the box back together, and then plug it in as usual to the TV, and boot it up for the first time

Good luck
    Attached Files

Thanks for the tutorial, I will probably use, depending on what batch do I get, box is on its way...

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for this. I managed to connect and get stuck at 4%. I keep stopping and starting to retry without reconnecting USB.

Here's my log:

[06:24:04 729][HUB1-1][Inf]-------------Download UBOOT.USB-----------
      [06:24:04 729][HUB1-1][Inf]--2-2-0-0
      [06:24:04 729][HUB1-1][Inf]--ulValue = 0xadfc318c
      [06:24:04 729][HUB1-1][Inf]--Download DDR.USB buffer at 0xd9000000
      [06:24:04 736][HUB1-1][Inf]--Transfer complete
      [06:24:04 736][HUB1-1][Inf]--Download UBOOT.USB buffer at 0x0200c000
      [06:24:04 871][HUB1-1][Inf]--Transfer complete
      [06:24:04 873][HUB1-1][Inf]--DownCheckPara succeed
      [06:24:04 873][HUB1-1][Inf]--Run at address 0xd9000000
      [06:24:04 928][HUB1-1][Err]--generatedAddSum:0x8f586e86;srcAddSum:0xb4086e86;ru nResult:0x e6;paraMagic:0x7856efab
      [06:24:04 928][HUB1-1][Inf]--ReadCheckPara failed
      [06:24:04 941][HUB1-1][Err]--[0x139f0902]Unknown

[06:27:10 573][HUB1-1][Inf]-------------Download UBOOT.USB-----------
      [06:27:10 573][HUB1-1][Inf]--2-2-0-0
      [06:27:10 573][HUB1-1][Inf]--ulValue = 0xadfc318c
      [06:27:10 574][HUB1-1][Inf]--Download DDR.USB buffer at 0xd9000000
      [06:27:10 580][HUB1-1][Inf]--Transfer complete
      [06:27:10 580][HUB1-1][Inf]--DownRunPara succeed
      [06:27:10 580][HUB1-1][Inf]--Run at address 0xd9000000
      [06:27:20 610][HUB1-1][Inf]--Detect Device remove timeout
      [06:27:20 610][HUB1-1][Inf]--Device is connected
      [06:27:20 610][HUB1-1][Inf]--Close device handle 0x0000064c
      [06:27:20 661][HUB1-1][Inf]--Open device handle \\?\usb#vid_1b8e&pid_c003#5&373dd53a&0&1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed} 0x00000d10
      [06:27:25 712][HUB1-1][Inf]--2-2-0-0
      [06:27:25 712][HUB1-1][Err]--CheckFileRunState failed
      [06:27:25 712][HUB1-1][Inf]--Failure : 1, FailureMax : 3
      [06:27:26 212][HUB1-1][Err]--[06:27:26 212][HUB1-1][Inf]--Failure : 2, FailureMax : 3
      [06:27:26 713][HUB1-1][Err]--[06:27:26 713][HUB1-1][Inf]--Failure : 3, FailureMax : 3
      [06:27:26 725][HUB1-1][Err]--[0x10303004]Romcode/Switch status/Identify/Error result

Comment

At what stage would you recommend to remove the short? Should the short be kept during the whole flashing process or should the short be removed once the box has been recognised?

Comment

As soon as the box is recognised

Comment

The best way to know when your box is connected to your computer, IS by sound. Make sure you have speakers attached to your computer and the volume is turned up. When you hear your computer make the beep sound, it is connected. You can now remove the jumper from the pins that you are shorting. Your box WILL stay connected to your computer, UNTIL you remove the USB cable, or it has successfully burned your ROM.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hi i have a m8s+ box with bad emmc chipset (sec713 - B041 - KLMAG1JENB) which is stuck on the mecool boot logo. I tried following the steps in first post but usb burning tool always gime me an error. Usually stops at 4%. This is what i do:
              -open burning tool as admin and load the img file then press start
              -short the 2 pins
              -plug the usb otg cable and when the program start to work i remove the 2 pin short

Am i doing something wrong? Tried different usb port on pc and the usb otg cable is quite short (20cm) so i dont think it's a problem
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Same here
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by polve93 View Post
                  Hi i have a m8s+ box with bad emmc chipset (sec713 - B041 - KLMAG1JENB) which is stuck on the mecool boot logo. I tried following the steps in first post but usb burning tool always gime me an error. Usually stops at 4%. This is what i do:
                  -open burning tool as admin and load the img file then press start
                  -short the 2 pins
                  -plug the usb otg cable and when the program start to work i remove the 2 pin short

Am i doing something wrong? Tried different usb port on pc and the usb otg cable is quite short (20cm) so i dont think it's a problem
                  All I can suggest is try flashing the original firmware for your box (which you can download from page 1 of the ATV thread). If this works, then you might be able to try flashing the ATV ROM again

Comment

Originally posted by Sossy View Post

All I can suggest is try flashing the original firmware for your box (which you can download from page 1 of the ATV thread). If this works, then you might be able to try flashing the ATV ROM again

Here there is the original firmware to flash but it's a .zip file so can be flashed by ota or by burn card maker and not by burning tool. I have a bricked box so i can't go throught these 2 possibilities. Should i have an img file?
                    Code:
                    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x/others-aml-s905x/firmware-roms-tools-bx/673616-firmware-stock-ota-mecool-m8s-pro-plus-android-7-1-1-amlogic-s905x-2gb-16gb-tv-box-20170927
                    Another question is how can i realize i am in mask mode? usb burning tool recognized the box as well when pins are shorted or not

Comment

Here there is the original firmware to flash but it's a .zip file so can be flashed by ota or by burn card maker and not by burning tool. I have a bricked box so i can't go throught these 2 possibilities. Should i have an img file?
                      Code:
                      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x/others-aml-s905x/firmware-roms-tools-bx/673616-firmware-stock-ota-mecool-m8s-pro-plus-android-7-1-1-amlogic-s905x-2gb-16gb-tv-box-20170927
                      If you click on the red link in the Changelog, that points to the original firmware

Comment

Originally posted by Sossy View Post

If you click on the red link in the Changelog, that points to the original firmware
                        It was arrived at 98% but unfortunately is still bricked.
                        Anyway thank you for the support
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

It was arrived at 98% but unfortunately is still bricked.
                          Anyway thank you for the support
                          short this two pins and use buring tool. its the old reset button. my box work with this metod

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by intenseone View Post

short this two pins and use buring tool. its the old reset button. my box work with this metod
                            as you can see from the photos attached to my previous post i did so

Comment

In the red mark?see my photo, i put a circle

Comment

Working...
                              X