Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I use this box for a day now. I have one problem. I can't play music on background while playing video file. On my old box (Beelink X2) I use to play internet radio app on background and fireplace video via stock video player.

But on this box when I play video file, music mute... I try stock video player, mx player, vlc and few radio apps. Thanks for any suggestion.

Comment

Mino, the only App I know that can do background play is for YouTube videos and sound. It's called NewPipe. It's a free APK. Google it.

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post

Hi wonder if it will work for the 2gb - 16gb version ? also does the front display still work ?

Thanks
        I have forgotten to say, after flashing the Belink firmware, the display is off.
        In a Russian forum i have seen a patch for the display but i have not found the link in a minute.
        Start digging here => http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=925461&st=4280
        I use this one to translate => https://www.deepl.com/translator

I don't know if the firmware runs on a 2/16 unit. 4/32 unit has GBit Ehernet, 2/16 has 100 MBit Ethernet.
        Give it a try. If the NIC stays off, reflash the box with the original system.

Take a look into this => https://cloud.mail.ru/public/EG58/UmDBeLPaV/
        There are images, backups, etc....

TMM

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
          Mino, the only App I know that can do background play is for YouTube videos and sound. It's called NewPipe. It's a free APK. Google it.
          Thanks, I finally find this: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-play-...at-full-volume so I use MX player with internet radio app...

Comment

I'm amazed by how active that Russian 4PDA forum is with these media players. Literally hundreds of pages of conversation and firmware mods. Unfortunately Google translate isn't perfect so it's challenging to sometimes understand what's being said...

Comment

del
              Last edited by A.S._id; 01-08-2019, 12:37.

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks OK thanks for sharing

del
              Last edited by A.S._id; 01-08-2019, 12:38.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the roms and firmware for this very helpful really surprised how active the Russians are on this , I haven't received my x96 max 2gb - 16gb model yet but pretty sure on spec it says 1000mb ethernet will find out when i get it , cant wait till custom ATV oreo is made for this with front display working

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post
                  , I haven't received my x96 max 2gb - 16gb model yet but pretty sure on spec it says 1000mb ethernet will find out when i get it ... Snip t:
                  Hopefully you'll get the gigabit Ethernet. Most of the 2/16 boxes aren't; they're instead mostly sold with 100M Ethernet.

See:
                  https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/09...s905x2-tv-box/

Three configurations with System Memory / Storage / Networking
                  • 2GB LPDDR4, 16GB flash, 2.4G WiFi, 100M Ethernet
                  • 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB flash, dual band AC WiFi, Bluetooth 4.x, Gigabit Ethernet
                  • 4GB LPDDR4, 64GB flash, dual band AC WiFi, Bluetooth 4.x, Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Hi, oh I see also no 5ghz with 2gb model typical Gearbest advertising this box caught my eye how cheap with S905X2 hopefully will see custom ATV oreo for 2gb model

Thanks

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post

Hopefully you'll get the gigabit Ethernet. Most of the 2/16 boxes aren't; they're instead mostly sold with 100M Ethernet.

See:
                    https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/09...s905x2-tv-box/

Three configurations with System Memory / Storage / Networking
                    • 2GB LPDDR4, 16GB flash, 2.4G WiFi, 100M Ethernet
                    • 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB flash, dual band AC WiFi, Bluetooth 4.x, Gigabit Ethernet
                    • 4GB LPDDR4, 64GB flash, dual band AC WiFi, Bluetooth 4.x, Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Hi folks, my new Rom Mod for these device is online:
                      XTMOD
                      Enjoy!
                      Xanny

Comment

Hello Xannytech,

I have used your rom but reverted back to stock. Because the new automatic-frame-rate kernel works just with the stock rom.
                        The AFR function is a "must have" feature.

TMM

Comment

Hello A.S._id,

Originally posted by A.S._id View Post
                          Added NFS and SMB file system support modules. To use them, you will need the appropriate utilit:ies. This work is not finished yet.
                          Nice to read you here :-)
                          I am a German and i am reading in the 4PDA for a longer time. It's hard work, to always paste the thread in a translator :-) But it's worth it.

Until now, i just played a little bit with the X96 box. For me it was not usable because of the missing AFR and HD-Passthrough function.

With AFR, half of the work is done to make real good player out of this little, cheap box!

Do you know, that work is going on to fix the HD-Passthrough function? Kodi requires IEC Passthrough.

Yesterday i tried to install Entware on the box, but i got an segmentation fault error. With the stock Kernel it has worked in the past.
                          Do you know is the Kernel Arch or AArch (64 bit) one. Then i have to use a different repertory for installing Entware.
                          The reason for installing Entware is, that Entware make the utilities available for using NFS or Samba. MC, openssh, and so on.

Regards
                          TMM

Comment

hello i m suprise why X96MAX 4G 32 have not windevine L1 Only L3

THEN the MECOOL KM9 same proc S905X2 Have WINDEVINE L1

ONE Info yesterday say WINDEVINE L3 is hacked now i suppose all applications change DRM And ask now WINDEVINE L1

Comment

Anyone try the AV port ? Mine doesn't work.
                              Came with latest ROM (rooted)

Comment

Working...
                              X