Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zap View Post
    The correct pins to short are here (the link leads to russian forum 4pda, just open the spoiler, the picture is inside):

When you short them, the CPU will not detect the eMMC circuit during startup, thus will start some internal copy of the bootloader which will happily connect with USB Burn Tool.
    So, short the pins on picture and recycle box power... keep the pins short until UBT detects the device.
    This will unbrick any device even if you fill the whole eMMC flash with garbage...
    then the both of us is just lucky.. hope my box not brick again to try the correct pin..

Comment

Thanks for the above info, Also will be getting the 16gb-2gb ram version wondering if their is any custom ATV rom for it ?

Thanks

Comment

Does this box really stream netflix at true HD ?

Comment

It's DRM L3, which is below HD for Netflix. Plus the X96 Max is rooted which Netflix doesn't want for HD. Mind you, DRM has now been cracked, which opens up the options to get HD.
          . See:
          https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...s-been-broken/

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
            It's DRM L3, which is below HD for Netflix. Plus the X96 Max is rooted which Netflix doesn't want for HD. Mind you, DRM has now been cracked, which opens up the options to get HD.
            . See:
            https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...s-been-broken/
            Click image for larger version

Name:	49898626_2951819561556044_1136406526425038848_n.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	758981

Comment

That's supposed to be taken from a netflix stream . Sorry for the gore. IT's fake blood .
              Looks HD.

Comment

Received the 16gb -2gb ram version today , had quick play with it and so far pretty impressed, I updated youtube to the latest version got it using Aptoide app although it works fine once loaded gets 4k etc once I exit and do other stuff I get Youtube has stopped working keep coming up I have been using the S Youtube app instead its also from Aptoide its meant for Android TV and get 4k this one also does HDR, the WIFI is really good even though this model only has 2.4ghz, Wondering if their is custom Android TV rom for this some apps like for VPN use the Phone version and navigating isnt the best with Android TV it would install the apps meant for Android TV

Thanks

Comment

I believe the X96 Max firmware update that came out this past week deals with the Ethernet connection issue. Hopefully the issue is corrected now. I can't tell because I use Wi-Fi.

Comment

I believe the X96 Max firmware update that came out this past week deals with the Ethernet connection issue. Hopefully the issue is corrected now. I can't tell because I use Wi-Fi.
                    I had no idea there was a recent update. I will look into getting that installed once mine arrives. Not sure if the default firmware has OTA updates though.

The newest version I can find is: X96 MAX TV Box (4GB/64GB and 4GB/32GB) with Amlogic S905X2 (update 20181219)

Comment

Yes, the default firmware does have OTA. The latest update (4/32) arrived a few days ago. I also use Wi-Fi and so I can't verify the ethernet problem.

Comment

Yeah, Charlie, there is a blue colored icon named "FOTA" in the App section of the X96 Max. Click on that icon and it will update the firmware for you if one is available. It's idiot proof.

Comment

Yeah, Charlie, there is a blue colored icon named "FOTA" in the App section of the X96 Max. Click on that icon and it will update the firmware for you if one is available. It's idiot proof.
                          Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by glaven View Post
                            Yes, the default firmware does have OTA. The latest update (4/32) arrived a few days ago. I also use Wi-Fi and so I can't verify the ethernet problem.
                            Cheers for the info.

Comment

no improvement regarding Ethernet problems (4/64) - still not recognized :-(

Comment

Originally posted by laola View Post

no improvement regarding Ethernet problems (4/64) - still not recognized :-(
                                What do you mean by not recognize?? My box 4/64 have no problem at all using ethernet port since I purchase it 2 month ago

Comment

Working...
                                X