Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have emailed the re-seller that I got the unit from, and I asked him to report the list of faults that I gave them to the manufacturer. Whether they will do that I do not know as they have not, as yet, replied. That was the only way I could think of to try and get it fixed up. I have also started the process of installing a brand new copy of Windows on a second machine with a valid serial number, in the hope that it may allow me to flash a custom ROM. Though I am unsure whether even that alternative ROM would give me multiple mounts for EXT HDD's.

Comment

Good idea. Fingers crossed they'll pass on your email to the reseller/manufacturer and improve the firmware.

Comment

The supplier of my unit has proposed that he give me a partial refund instead of returning the unit. It doesn't look like he thinks it will ever be fixed via updates. I am going to get it for as little as possible and then put this ROM onto it. If I can flash it. [ROM]XTMOD for u211 devices (X96Max, GT1Mini & some others), Magisk rooted etc.

By Xannytech

Comment

Very interesting turn of events Charlie. When you say multiple mounts of HDDs; how many? Like two physical hard drives? Or one drive but multiple partitions? Just wondering if it's partitions that are causing your X96 Max to not recognize it. Furthermore if this issue may be a hardware issue rather than firmware. On my Vorke Z6, I have it networked via KODI to access my desktop computer which has multiple HDDs with multiple partitions with tons of movie and music on it; and that setup works well. I wonder if doing it that way would be an alternative solution for you. Although for some reason KODI doesn't work right on the X96 Max. Maybe there is an APK that can manage external drives through networking? Just a thought. Anyway, decent of them to offer a partial refund. Who were they? Geekbuying? Thanks

Comment

I have a USB 3 powered hub with 4* 3.5 External HDD's in Orico powered drive enclosures plugged into that, the hub is plugged into the USB 3 port of the X96 Max. The X96 Max only recognises 2 of them. My Minix X8H Plus sees all 4 without a problem same set up. It is not a Kodi problem as the same amount of drives are seen throughout the system. The device was bought from fleabay mate.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Only 2 drives recognized . I'm going to guess that the creators of the X96 Max thought that with it only having 2 USB ports, the most anyone would hook up is just 2 drives for the 2 ports... and the firmware consequently written to that spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
                Only 2 drives recognized . I'm going to guess that the creators of the X96 Max thought that with it only having 2 USB ports, the most anyone would hook up is just 2 drives for the 2 ports... and the firmware consequently written to that spec.
                You may well be right there as the Minix only saw 2 initially until a firmware upgrade corrected that. I wonder if any of the alternative ROM's deal with that possibility.

Comment

To be fair, your Minix has USB 2.0 port x 3, Micro-USB OTG port x 1. So it has more USB ports than the X96 Max.

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
                    To be fair, your Minix has USB 2.0 port x 3, Micro-USB OTG port x 1. So it has more USB ports than the X96 Max.
                    I thought it had 2 * USB 2 ports to be honest, I just knew it was not USB 3. I used one port for the air mouse and the other for the hub connected to the drives.

It certainly only supported only 2 USB drives initially though as I recall making a request on the forum for that to be corrected along with others. The problem with the Minix is that it can lag with larger files say over 2 or 3 GB. I have 10 GB movies on the drives now.

Comment

Problem is I think most people do not use the device in the same way with external HDD's because if they did I imagine that it would've been fixed already. The fact is that it is not a priority as two are recognised. Which makes me S.O.L.

Not great forward planning from the system designers.

Comment

Hello dear,
                        OK, I have just refunded you via paypal. Please notice your paypal email and paypal history.
                        Paypal will credit your card if you paid by credit card. Sometimes, it takes 3-6 days to show in your credit card.
                        I am very happy with my full refund plus I get to keep the X96 Max for free.

Comment

Just got the x96 max last night, the remote control is not sensitive

Comment

What is the best performance this device or H96 Max+ ?

Comment

Originally posted by abood250 View Post
                              What is the best performance this device or H96 Max+ ?
                              X96 Max but the soiftware is not perfect on either box.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

X96 Max but the soiftware is not perfect on either box.
                                Can play latest version of Netflix?

Comment

Working...
                                X