Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I own 2 of that box. One worked and am using it, other one was stuck on Boot Logo so flashed Poison ROM via SDCard method but remote ain't working as it should, so decided to flash Stock ROM only now am getting "can't install this package over newer build" message. After googling I saw that one must have a newer recovery either on device or inside ROM zip which I have no clue as to how to do. I cannot get PC to recognize my box so SDCard is only way to do it. Also with POison ROM on the device holding Reset A/V switch does absolutely nothing ziltch..

I seriously need some help !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post

I just tried it on mine for you. I have the same issue, it won't save the SPDIF setting once I exit the Droid Settings. Mind you I don't have a SPDIF setup. Perhaps the receiver that it's hooked up to has to be turned on and TOSLINK inserted in the box in order for it to activate on the X96 Max? Just a thought. Although I'm leaning towards it being a firmware bug.
      ​​
      I have the same issue and I have it hooked up to my Receiver using Optical cable.
      It seems to be a generic issue with all S905X2 at this point. Tried the Beelink ROM but it has no optical port and the setting is not available in droid settings.
      Can anyone else confirm if Optical setting 5.1 sound is working? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
        Update (reviving my bricked X96 Max): I figured out the fix. I installed on a blank formatted micro SD card the extracted files from this zip file (containing 4 items for a TWRP recovery image and a boot up menu for the X96 Max):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nJY...w?usp=drivesdk

and then I also copied onto the same micro SD card the OTA zip file from jiangsai0703 in post 53. (I kept it zipped, I didn't extract it). This is the OTA zip:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ULW...ew?usp=sharing

I then put the micro sd card into the X96. I then plugged in the power while pushing the AV recessed reset button for a minute. The TWRP then loaded, and then I used the install from zip file option to which I pointed it to the ota zip file located on the micro SD card. I swiped the slider to the right to flash the data. It installed perfectly. Rebooted and the X96 came back to life. Thank goodness.

My original question below:
        Help! I have a X96 Max 4/64. It was working fine until I installed SuperSU (normal install). After it restarted, it seems to be bricked and I'm stuck at the X96 Max logo. I then did the toothpick in the AV hole trick to get to the Android menu. I then tried a wipe/factory reset. No luck, upon restart I'm still stuck at the boot screen. Please if someone would be so kind as to help guide me what I can do to unbrick it. Thanks.

I had the exact problem with my X96 Max 2/16. But now it is even worse. I tried same method with same files you put links to. But when I tried to boot (after flashing in twrp) it is dead, not even boot logo. Now it is all black screen, no blue clock on x96max lcd, nothing, but tv recognize hdmi, but there is no picture. Tried to enter recovery, but that is also not possible. I will try pc method with different .img file. Anyone have some advice pls?
        ​​​​​

Comment

Ok, tried on pc (win 7 and 10) device is not recognized...
          ​​​​​Gonna try shorting the pins. Does anyone have a picture with correct pins to be shorten for this box (x96max), I can't find it on 4pda ?

Comment

Solved it!
            With many attempts shortening pins, finally bring my box back to life.
            Done it with both burnSDcard and USBburn tool. First prepaired sd card, insert into box, then initialize USBburn method with correct pins shortening.
            On this box (x96 max) pins that worked are HDMI pins, 2nd and 3rd when you look from right (hdmi port facing up).
            Thank you all!

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the stock recovery? I installed TWRP and the OTA update doesn't work.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by glaven View Post
                Does anyone have a link to the stock recovery? I installed TWRP and the OTA update doesn't work.

Thanks in advance
                I did the same but OTA seems to work but does not find any updates though I was told one is available.

Comment

Thanks in advance
                  What model?
                  Last update for 4/32 and 4/64 versions is 20181219 dated. If you have any of this versions (NOT 2/16) of x96max, you can update. Just search on google: X96max firmware update. First couple of links are legit.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolaign View Post

What model?
                    Last update for 4/32 and 4/64 versions is 20181219 dated. If you have any of this versions (NOT 2/16) of x96max, you can update. Just search on google: X96max firmware update. First couple of links are legit.
                    I have a 4/32 . The updater is trying to update to V311__20190223-1604. All I need is the stock recovery and then it will automatically update. Once I have the latter I will be able to swap between TWRP and the stock recovery each time there is an update.
                    Last edited by glaven; 03-07-2019, 11:46.

Comment

Glaven, I think you can do that via pc usb burning tool method, just flash firmware img (with selected erase bootloader, erase flash).
                      Those links on droidboxforums helped me.

Comment

I have a 4/32 . The updater is trying to update to V311__20190223-1604. All I need is the stock recovery and then it will automatically update. Once I have the latter I will be able to swap between TWRP and the stock recovery each time there is an update.
                        You can grab the recovery here.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5vk...X_20181219.zip

Or directly from.

Comment

I installed the stock recovery and it still won't update and I tried the entire image, still no update.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post
                            I installed the stock recovery and it still won't update and I tried the entire image, still no update.
                            It seems OTA isn't working... If everything works ok, no need to update this nightly updates. If official update come, you will know...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post
                              Thanks for the links. Did you flash the img stock recovery file with TWRP? Unfortunately I used TWRP to flash one I found before you posted your links and now have have a boot loop. I can't flash a new ROM because the USB burning tool can't see my device. I think I will have to do a nand reset but so far the hdmi method and the two pin method on the russian forum haven't worked.

EDIT back in business. The second method worked eventually.
                              Last edited by glaven; 03-08-2019, 12:25.

Comment

Thanks for the links. Did you flash the img stock recovery file with TWRP? Unfortunately I used TWRP to flash one I found before you posted your links and now have have a boot loop. I can't flash a new ROM because the USB burning tool can't see my device. I think I will have to do a nand reset but so far the hdmi method and the two pin method on the russian forum haven't worked.
                                No I flashed via the backup-restore-update app in the installed apps. Sorry to hear you're having problems. Hope you can recover the box.

Comment

Working...
                                X