Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, i'm newer here. Bought recently a X96Max but is somethig wrong with the ethernet connection. With ethernet cable the internet connection is very slow, not even gets to 1mps, it only works with the wi-fi. Does someone having the same problem?

Comment

Originally posted by box_man View Post
      Hi, i'm newer here. Bought recently a X96Max but is somethig wrong with the ethernet connection. With ethernet cable the internet connection is very slow, not even gets to 1mps, it only works with the wi-fi. Does someone having the same problem?
      Have you updated the firmware to the latest version by selecting the FOTA blue icon in the Apps section of your X96 Max? That may help with your internet issue.

Comment

I have the 2GB version of X96 Max and just got new update X96Max_20190315-1437 seems to solved the WIFI issue i had before pretty impressed with this box now

Comment

Cloud firmware X96Max OTA/Img 4G/32/64

Comment

wow thank for the sharing

Comment

I have X96 max 4/64 and it's bricked.

There is no light when apply power (power adapter is good).
              When attached to pc with male/male cable have SPDIF light and pc register "unknown device".
              USB burning tool don't register device, have version 2.1.7.0.
              Tried every combination to make usb burning tool to recognize device but no success,
              shorting pins on hdmi port, pins on the back from Russian site, applying power and usb, reset button, no luck.
              Burn card maker also not working.

Anything else I can try, I have no idea anymore...
              Is it hardware bricked? It's hot when plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nebojsa View Post

When attached to pc with male/male cable have SPDIF light and pc register "unknown device".
                Tried every combination to make usb burning tool to recognize device but no success,
                shorting pins on hdmi port, pins on the back from Russian site, applying power and usb, reset button, no luck.

When I bricked my X96 4/32 I connected the USB lead, loaded the firmware in the USB burning tool pressed start and shorted the two pins (several times!) as in the Russian site. Subsequently, I pressed start, pressed the reset and connected the USB to the computer. In neither case did I use the power supply. Good luck.
                Last edited by glaven; 03-29-2019, 17:55.

Comment

Ignore this post. I was going to suggest using the Amlogic Burn Card Maker but I see you've already tried without luck.

Comment

Try a different Laptop just to rule out the driver installation issue. It does need a driver for laptop to recognize it.
                    During USB tool installation the drivers also get installed as something called world cup device.
                    You can even try a different version usb tool such as 2.6.8 etc. Or you may have a faulty cable. These are other ideas for you try.
                    Best of Luck.

Comment

This is not the first box I have connected to this pc, so we can exclude those things like cables, drivers etc.
                      I have RS232 adapter and connected to GND RX TX of the box but don't get any readings (other box is connected fine).
                      Anyone knows where are those pins, maybe I have connected it wrong?

Last edited by Nebojsa; 03-30-2019, 17:36.

Comment

This is not the first box I have connected to this pc, so we can exclude those things like cables, drivers etc.
                        I have RS232 adapter and connected to GND RX TX of the box but don't get any readings (other box is connected fine).
                        Anyone knows where are those pins, maybe I have connected it wrong?
                        See post 794 of the link below for the correct pins:

Comment

Tried that already without luck.
                          I'm asking about GND RX and TX pins for connecting RS232/UART adapter to PC
                          and see in Putty what happening when apply power.
                          There should be some readings even if there is no light on the box and it looks like completely dead,
                          but there is nothing in Putty.
                          Am I right, first is GND, second TX and third RX pin?

Comment

1. Open img 02.03.2019 in USB Burning Tool
                            2. Push START.
                            3. Short pins via pincette.
                            4. Connect device to pc via USB 3.0 (blue port)!
                            100% warranty if device hasn't hardware troubles.

Comment

Unfortunately I think that is a hardware failure.
                              Nothing works, PC register "unknown device", USB burning tool don't pick it up at all.
                              Found that one element on the board is extremely hot to touch, maybe that is the problem.
                              Anyone know what that is?

Comment

Hi, I have that same issue, but 2GB/16GB. Only SPDIF connector have red light, but my PCs didnt recognize and see the box. No luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X