Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, guys first of all sorry for my english (i'm from belgium)
    i have purchased this box a few weeks ago x96 max 4gb 32mb now my only problem is
    the optical out to my receiver dont work i have tried a few roms without succes over hdmi the sound works
    i also tried manny settings but none of them works is there some one that have a solution for this
    the strange thing is there is a red light in the optical connector from the device when i put the cable in then on the other side of the cable
    that goes in the receiver is also red light so that means the signal is ok but no sound if i put the same cable in my sat device then i have sound on my receiver
    so its something about the x96 max that doesnt work ??

thanx in advance

Comment

Originally posted by nikolaign View Post
      Hey ppl, there is Android 9.0 (Pie) for x96 max. It came couple of days ago.
      Does anyone try it?
      If you are talking about the one posted by @jiangsai0703, then that is working as good as the one that came installed in the box. Except that this is now Android 9.

Comment

Originally posted by satstarter View Post
        i have purchased this box a few weeks ago x96 max 4gb 32mb now my only problem is
        the optical out to my receiver dont work i have tried a few roms without succes over hdmi the sound works
        i also tried manny settings but none of them works is there some one that have a solution for this
        the strange thing is there is a red light in the optical connector from the device when i put the cable in then on the other side of the cable
        that goes in the receiver is also red light so that means the signal is ok but no sound if i put the same cable in my sat device then i have sound on my receiver

thanx in advance
        Its a common issue with this box reported by many people.

Comment

Hi, Thanx for that
          I know i have read alot of this issue but i i dont know
          is this a software ore hardware problem ?
          i assume its software because there is a signal there is a red light at the end of the cable
          also read somwhere that someone has fix it by modifying the cable so that it goes deeper in the device
          but if there is a signal whats the point of that? i wil try searching more

thanx

Comment

Hi, Thanx for that
            i assume its software because there is a signal there is a red light at the end of the cable
            also read somwhere that someone has fix it by modifying the cable so that it goes deeper in the device

thanx
            What i have read so far is that it is potentially a hardware issue. But since i dont use it so i cant confirm it.
            Last edited by abhifx; 07-08-2019, 11:02. Reason: missed words

Comment

Hi, Thanx for that

thanx
              Mine Optical out slowly die , at the first everything was ok , than from time to time some drop , next start to be drops and glitches all the time till the end when i was not able to hear clean sound .
              Optical tos link light still lighting red but sound is total mess . Fasttech agree to send me a HDMI extractor and box is in use with extractor ( optical and spdif connectors )
              one tip , try to pull out very little 1 mm or when you insert do very slow inserting tos link cable .

Comment

Originally posted by Maki_SM View Post

Fasttech agree to send me a HDMI extractor and box is in use with extractor
                Can you tell us about audio quality through hdmi extractor ? Better than from the box?

Comment

Yes thats also something i want to know?
                  but on the other side its not what i want because if we must buy a device for something like that
                  we have al the living room full of devices

Comment

Can you tell us about audio quality through hdmi extractor ? Better than from the box?
                    Audio and Video quality is totally same
                    At the start i was worried more about video quality cuz digital audio signal can't be changed , box sending throw extractor to mine Jungson AV1000 amplifier , amplifier unpack the digital signal
                    i use only EAC3 DD+ and DTS sound

I try extractor with 3 different boxes and everything is perfect
                    ( one box don't have optical tos or spdif out )

Also tested with Libreelec Beta for s905x2 working perfect

Comment

Ok, so you say that audio quality is better over optical tos than over AV port ?
                      If thats the case, I need to buy optical tos - to - 3.5 mm converter.
                      Because audio through av port (with 3.5 to 3.5 mm cable) is awful...

Comment

Ok, so you say that audio quality is better over optical tos than over AV port ?
                        If thats the case, I need to buy optical tos - to - 3.5 mm converter.
                        Because audio through av port (with 3.5 to 3.5 mm cable) is awful...
                        X96 Max analog out is very bad . I don't think that is simple optical digital to analog converter (they can be expensive)
                        HDMI extractor or model who i have ( fasttech send to me like compensation for the broken digital out ) have TOS , Spdif and analog out . Analog out from extractor sound better

Comment

Originally posted by Maki_SM View Post

Analog out from extractor sound better
                          That is what I figured out when listening through tv speakers (where it get sound through hdmi)
                          Thx for confirmation.

EDIT:
                          Installed viper4android on x96 max.
                          1)Download ViPER4Android-2.5.0.5-20190127.zip and twrp 3.2.2 for this box - from xda.
                          2) Put both zips on fat32 formatted sd card.
                          3) Insert sd card in the box
                          4) Enter stock recovery mode - Put a toothpick in AV port, while holding it, put power cord into the box; hold toothpick until box enters recovery mode.
                          5) From stock recovery choose update from sd card, select twrp zip. Then twrp will open.
                          6) In twrp choose install, and select viper4android zip. After install, wipe cache and dalvik, then restart. (It will not restart your box, you need to do it manually - see the next step)
                          7) Then in twrp go to Advanced/Terminal/type reboot.

That is it. Now you have much better audio driver for x96 max!
                          Last edited by nikolaign; 07-13-2019, 13:45.

Comment

thanx in advance
                            Many of us have had this problem. It's a fault with the box. Factory reset, different roms, NOTHING fixes it. Return for refund if you can.

Comment

Can someone tell me where I can get the mirroring app that came with the box? I can't get any other apps to work. Also, a remote app for smart phone? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by roTTer View Post
                                Can someone tell me where I can get the mirroring app that came with the box? I can't get any other apps to work. Also, a remote app for smart phone? Cheers
                                You can use AirScreen app for mirroring, just download it from play store... I found that only that app work as it should and I tried them dozen...
                                And for a remote, you can use CetusPlay, also can be downloaded from store...

Comment

Working...
                                X