Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by satstarter View Post
    Sound is working fine over hdmi here the seller of my box has given me a hdmi sound extractor for free so now i have
    also sound via spdif did you look at your settings is hdmi on? and surround sound auto?

I don’t have any HDMI settings in my sound menu that’s the weird thing. Surround is on auto! When I connect to my Bluetooth speaker it works but with optical or hdmi cable 0.0 sound.

Comment

That's strange i have in droid settings audio output hdmi and spdif and there i have hdmi on.....?
      i must say however i have the atv firmware on my box
      but i think you must also have these setting on the original firmware

Comment

That's strange i have in droid settings audio output hdmi and spdif and there i have hdmi on.....?
        i must say however i have the atv firmware on my box
        but i think you must also have these setting on the original firmware

- PCM
        - SPDIF (which I tried with optical cable but again no sound)
        - Auto
        - Manual

So no HDMI option. I received the box yesterday with stock android 9.0

Comment

i hope someone with the same firmware can help you then
          i had never problems with hdmi only with spdif

good luck

Comment

i hope someone with the same firmware can help you then
            i had never problems with hdmi only with spdif

good luck
            Thanks I now downloaded a custom ROM from this forum and installed and still no sound or HDMI option, looks like its my hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by omaramiromo View Post
              Ok.. i manage to revive my device.. but using the rom that flashed that brick my device... i am flashed succesfully using burning tool.. but the trick is.. i short circuit the board.. i open the box and get access to hdmi component..

Here the step:

1 - open burning tool, load the img firmware that u use and cause the stuck at boot logo. As usual, click the start button after load the img.

2 - connect ur box using usb 3.0. Windows will show the device is not connect/ detect..

3- here come the trick.. take a small flat screw driver, go to hdmi port.. connect the pin using screwdriver( just touch and lift), the led will off and on.. repeat the process untill burning tool detect your device. The location of pin is the 2 and 3 from above ( as per picture)

4. Now i manage to boot up the box.. but the problem is now i cannot enter the recovery..

Any idea which pins I need to short at the X96 max? I bricked my device. It arrived with no sound so I trough a custom rom, worked perfect but now it got a boot loop and the reset button doesn’t work with this custom rom.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinho040 View Post

Any idea which pins I need to short at the X96 max? I bricked my device. It arrived with no sound so I trough a custom rom, worked perfect but now it got a boot loop and the reset button doesn’t work with this custom rom.
                Try touch selected pins by a flat screwdriver. In my situation other pins won't working but this worked
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by janek View Post

Try touch selected pins by a flat screwdriver. In my situation other pins won't working but this worked

I try these today but nothing happened... :-(

what’s the exact way you did it to fix your box?

Comment

Hi everybody. I am a new owner of the X96 Max 4GB/32GB version with Android 9 (9/2019 update). I am a happy user with all hardware functioning appropriately. Now for my question: Is there anyway to successfully unroot the device without bricking it?

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

No, the 9.0 version can NOT be installed by OTA update or zip. Will need to flash 9 Pie firmware with USB Burning Tool. This way any changes in bootloader and uboot which are specifically for Pie update are properly installed to your device.
                      can u tell me please the full steps how to flash it ?

Comment

Originally posted by bishopx26 View Post
                        can u tell me please the full steps how to flash it ?
                        Search YouTube, several videos on changing Amlogic firmwares, one of the best tutorials is propbably the tutorial made by TvBoxStop YouTube channel, that tutorial is for the A95X-Max which is physically different to X96, but the the process of installing the firmware through Amlogic USB Burning Tool is explained very clearly.

Comment

My HDMI output not working, no signal on TV, but box working normally when connected to av port.
                          Anyone have this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinho040 View Post

I try these today but nothing happened... :-(

what’s the exact way you did it to fix your box?
                            Have you succeed? I have done it shortening two little pins on hdmi jack. It is two pins on right side of the hdmi jack. You must try couple of times since pc software (amlogic flash tool) is kind of lazy recognizing it...

Comment

Originally posted by Nebojsa View Post
                              My HDMI output not working, no signal on TV, but box working normally when connected to av port.
                              Anyone have this problem?
                              estou com o mesmo problema!
                              sem imagem pela saída hdmi, só tenho imagem se for ligada pela porta AV.
                              Alguém sabe como resolver este problema?

Box X96 Max 4/64

I have the same problem!
                              no picture by hdmi output, I only have picture if it is connected by AV port.
                              Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Comment

Hi, I flashed a ROM by Xannytech on the 4GB/32GB X96 Max and for whatever reason the USB 2.0 port doesn't seem to work right. The port powers things on but no data works and plugging in any USB peripherals work. I did have to use rom mask mode because a previous rom I flashed before that made the reset button in the av hole not work. Other ports are fine though

Comment

Working...
                                X