Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Download this 7zip file, unpack it, run it, format with it a microsd card, and load the uboot.bin i gave to you, then insert the microsd in your device and start it in recovery, pushing reset button and inserting power plug. et voila your device will start in recovery, then you should flash an ota .zip file thru recovery.
    P.S. i gave to you beelink uboot, if you need X96 uboot it's here.
    I did this procedeure many times in the past for "bricked" devices.
    I've tried both Files with a 32gb sd card and take a toothpick in the Av port, but the only thing I see is the Bootlogo. I can't get in to the Recovery. No Chance. At the first there was no problem to get in to the recovery, but everything I do, it will not work.

Comment

Ah insert in sdcard recovery.img
      Anyway there is no way to really brick these devices

Comment

Just received this box but the 5 ghz WiFi doesn't show up! It shows up on all my other devices. Any
        idea what the problem is?
        Last edited by glaven; 12-22-2018, 11:54.

Comment

Originally posted by glaven View Post
          Just received this box but the 5 ghz WiFi doesn't show up! It shows up on all my other devices. Any
          idea what the problem is?
          which version did you buy 4/64 or 2/16?

Comment

Ah insert in sdcard recovery.img
            Anyway there is no way to really brick these devices
            Thanks for your Help!!!!
            ​​​​​​But there is no way to get in to the recovery.
            My steps are:
            1. Open the Tool and load the uboot.bin
            2. Turn on the option for Format the sdcard
            3. Start and at the end it says OK.
            4. Copy the recovery.bin to the Root of the sdcard
            5. Put the sdcard in the box
            6. Toothpic in the av port
            7. Power on the box
            And no recovery only the bootlogo.
            Shit, Shit, Shit......

Comment

which version did you buy 4/64 or 2/16?
              It says 4/32 on box and device labels

Comment

Originally posted by BiBaBuTzE View Post

Thanks for your Help!!!!
                ​​​​​​But there is no way to get in to the recovery.
                My steps are:
                1. Open the Tool and load the uboot.bin
                2. Turn on the option for Format the sdcard
                3. Start and at the end it says OK.
                4. Copy the recovery.bin to the Root of the sdcard
                5. Put the sdcard in the box
                6. Toothpic in the av port
                7. Power on the box
                And no recovery only the bootlogo.
                Shit, Shit, Shit......
                hmm it's weird, try with another sdcard, it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by glaven View Post

It says 4/32 on box and device labels
                  so should have 5ghz, i was thinking you got for a different version without 5ghz support.

Comment

so should have 5ghz, i was thinking you got for a different version without 5ghz support.
                    Changed channel from 101 to 40 and now I have 5ghz!

Edit: Supplier has just got back and said that 5 ghz will only show below 50.
                    Last edited by glaven; 12-24-2018, 07:53.

Comment

Very soon i'll open a thread, but if someone would like to test it HERE is my new FW for X96 Max 4/64 4/32, i'm working also on a 2/16 version and a Beelink Gt1 Mini version.
                      Hi Xannytech, will you please make also 2/16 GB version . When published, I'll purchase the item. Thanks.

Comment

Hello
                        I am a technologically illiterate person but I research a lot. I have been involved in custom rom flashing since 2013 but only on android phones. Few days back I began exploring the possibility of smart tv thing, I looked up chromecast but its limited scope didn't impact me much and I turned to android tv box scenario. While researching I found about FreakTab and have been looking up various boxes here for purchase. Few years back, firmware update were not a big thing with android boxes, but it seems to have changed now. If anyone here could point me to a guide which could tell me how I should pick and choose my first box, how frequent are the official firmware updates, how different is the flashing as compared to phones, if there are any 64bit android Os boxes and do the x64 thing matter for android I would be grateful.

I am interested in x96 max but it doesnt have voice search support in remote so I am confused. Also I looked up z69. And going to lookup a95x pro also but x96 is very recent and 8.1 has caught my attention so I am unsure as to which should I choose. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

The main question, what will be your usage. Primarily streaming, example Netflix or Amazon prime, etc.

Do you have your own media on your own storage ? These questions will help determine what box will be best suited for you. Also do you love to tinker?
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                            The main question, what will be your usage. Primarily streaming, example Netflix or Amazon prime, etc.

Do you have your own media on your own storage ? These questions will help determine what box will be best suited for you. Also do you love to tinker?
                            Yes sir I love to tinker I have own media but I would be streaming also. Gaming is not needed but it could be a bonus that can be decided after some time. I have never used tv box so I am pretty sure for 6 months I would be crazy about all the things it can do, later I would think of gaming so I am looking at 4gb ram boxes. People here dont research much and buy off mi box which according to me has low ram and storage.

I love flashing and custom stuff though I am only a leeching user who profits from other people's hard work but I dont crib and whine in threads. It would however be better if the box receives official version updates too so it stays good for 3-4 years before becoming outdated. x96 is looking good on specs but voice control is missing so I may go for mecool also. And would it be better to wait for 2019 because new year new hardware is released like amlogic i hear will bring out powerful Soc? and 64bit OS is it available on any box?

Edit: 4k is not needed because I have a 1080p tv only.

2nd edit: 64 bit I am looking at only for 8gb ram but it seems far away in future yet. Clarifications will be appreciated sir

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post

Yes sir I love to tinker I have own media but I would be streaming also. Gaming is not needed but it could be a bonus that can be decided after some time. I have never used tv box so I am pretty sure for 6 months I would be crazy about all the things it can do, later I would think of gaming so I am looking at 4gb ram boxes. People here dont research much and buy off mi box which according to me has low ram and storage.

I love flashing and custom stuff though I am only a leeching user who profits from other people's hard work but I dont crib and whine in threads. It would however be better if the box receives official version updates too so it stays good for 3-4 years before becoming outdated. x96 is looking good on specs but voice control is missing so I may go for mecool also. And would it be better to wait for 2019 because new year new hardware is released like amlogic i hear will bring out powerful Soc? and 64bit OS is it available on any box?

Edit: 4k is not needed because I have a 1080p tv only.

2nd edit: 64 bit I am looking at only for 8gb ram but it seems far away in future yet. Clarifications will be appreciated sir

Thanks
                              What you seek does NOT exist at this point in time, if you are talking about streaming from legit sources..... If you eliminate the need for streaming from legit sources, there are numerous devices that will meet your needs. Streaming from Netflix in 720p, but not sure about Amazon Pime, is possible to day running on some of the inexpensive devices running CoreELEC. CoreELEC AND LibreELEC running on these inexpensive devices will play ALMOST anything you throw at it, and also passes through HD audio. They can dual boot from Android to CE or LE.
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

What you seek does NOT exist at this point in time, if you are talking about streaming from legit sources..... If you eliminate the need for streaming from legit sources, there are numerous devices that will meet your needs. Streaming from Netflix in 720p, but not sure about Amazon Pime, is possible to day running on some of the inexpensive devices running CoreELEC. CoreELEC AND LibreELEC running on these inexpensive devices will play ALMOST anything you throw at it, and also passes through HD audio. They can dual boot from Android to CE or LE.
                                Sir I asked in libreELEC forum and there I read that tanix is a good device. I checked out tanix tx5 plus it has great specs but seems on presale yet. But it has not been mentioned anywhere on freaktab. Its a S905X2 device. and the ram mentioned on gearbest is LPDDR4 but on Aliexpress, DDR3 is mentioned. I don't understand which is correct. Sir is tanix a good box? Tanix seem to say they have widevine L1 support also although it was not implemented in tx3 because AMLogic SoC s905w didn't support it. Is it supported in tanix tx5 plus?

A clarification: Tanix tx5 plus as it is named on various review sites, its link redirects to tanix tx5 max on gearbest and on searching gearbest, tx5 plus is not found. Its found on Aliexpress but Aliexpress shows DDR3 ram and LPDDR4.

Comment

Working...
                                X