Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tmm View Post
    Regards early adopers :-)

I bought this box in the hope, that in one year or so, that Core/Libre Elec will be available for S905X2 devices.
    Until then, I wanted to use Kodi Leia on Android.

Now I'm shocked that neither HD-Soundtracks like Atmos or DTS-X nor the framerate adaption works.
    I have tried some images including the Magendanz Beelink GT1 Mini Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 8.1) from today. Tnx Magendanz!
    All versions are 32 bit compiled systems with missing a lot of things like IEC passthrough, CEC, framerate adaption ...

My very old mede8er box based on a Realtek RTD1186 chipset did this ages ago. This boxes are older then the HD audio formats but they are able to pass through even this.

Whatever, it seems i have to wait until Core/Libre Elec supports S905X2 devices.

In the meantime, I have installed Pyload, Samba and NFS-Sever via Entware on it.
    With Gbit Ethernet and the USB3 port this box is a good download and NAS station. I have measured transfer rates of 55 MB/s back and forth.

TMM
    Dunno about DTS-x, but CEC, framerate adaption works you have just to click on on droidsettings app. anyway test my rom and let me know. later on i'll open a proper thread, i'm just waiting to complete a not public work on a different device.

Comment

Regards early adopers :-)

I bought this box in the hope, that in one year or so, that Core/Libre Elec will be available for S905X2 devices.
      Until then, I wanted to use Kodi Leia on Android.

Now I'm shocked that neither HD-Soundtracks like Atmos or DTS-X nor the framerate adaption works.
      I have tried some images including the Magendanz Beelink GT1 Mini Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 8.1) from today. Tnx Magendanz!
      All versions are 32 bit compiled systems with missing a lot of things like IEC passthrough, CEC, framerate adaption ...

My very old mede8er box based on a Realtek RTD1186 chipset did this ages ago. This boxes are older then the HD audio formats but they are able to pass through even this.

Whatever, it seems i have to wait until Core/Libre Elec supports S905X2 devices.

In the meantime, I have installed Pyload, Samba and NFS-Sever via Entware on it.
      With Gbit Ethernet and the USB3 port this box is a good download and NAS station. I have measured transfer rates of 55 MB/s back and forth.

TMM
      You dont use it to stream stuff? or iptv?

Comment

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post

You dont use it to stream stuff? or iptv?
        I don't :-)

The box should be a replacement for my old box which is not able to play h265.
        I use it in my home cinema. Just for Kodi playing Isos from my NAS.

In my living room, where i don't see the "Big Pictures" i use a unmodified Nvidia Shield (2015, 16GB). This box stream well Amazon, Netflix and others.
        After new updates, the Shield is not usable for weeks till Nvidia has fixed all the new failures brought by the update.

From the new box in the home cinema i require just HD-Audio Passthrough and frame rate switching. That's it.
        This is why i like Core/Libre Elec. Just enough system to run Kodi.

Sorry for being off topic. :-)

Comment

I don't :-)

The box should be a replacement for my old box which is not able to play h265.
          I use it in my home cinema. Just for Kodi playing Isos from my NAS.

In my living room, where i don't see the "Big Pictures" i use a unmodified Nvidia Shield (2015, 16GB). This box stream well Amazon, Netflix and others.
          After new updates, the Shield is not usable for weeks till Nvidia has fixed all the new failures brought by the update.

From the new box in the home cinema i require just HD-Audio Passthrough and frame rate switching. That's it.
          This is why i like Core/Libre Elec. Just enough system to run Kodi.

Sorry for being off topic. :-)
          PMed you

Comment

Hi, just wondering if you can flash this on the x96 max uses the same Amlogic u211 reference board , I have ordered the 2gb-16gb version

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package (https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/TVStock-Package). The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post
              Hi, just wondering if you can flash this on the x96 max uses the same Amlogic u211 reference board , I have ordered the 2gb-16gb version

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package (https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/TVStock-Package). The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be

Thanks
              System runs well on the x96 max 4/32. Both Wlan and GBit Ethernet running fine.
              In droid-settings the entries for CEC and frame-rate-switching control disappeared.

TMM

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                That's true on the GT1 Mini as well. Not sure why Beelink decided to do that.

System runs well on the x96 max 4/32. Both Wlan and GBit Ethernet running fine.
              In droid-settings the entries for CEC and frame-rate-switching control disappeared.

TMM
              Hi wonder if it will work for the 2gb - 16gb version ? also does the front display still work ?

Thanks

Comment

Better Late than Never they say:

Keeping on the same theme as Earlier this day or was it yesterday.
                Thanks to Gearbest we can have a closer look

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Tested a few of these 905x2 and so far showing some good signs, a few quirks, but all in good time,
                This Unit as I switched on today, has already had two OTA updates, good to see some support happening for this unit

Lets have look at what we have for your Viewing Pleasure:

The Box:

What's is the box:

Ports:

Oops there goes the warranty

Remove the Base:

Display

More to Come

Gearbest
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

To Continue:
                  On with more show and tell

As previous Good Startup
                  Set up with Wizard Wifi and Google easy, but i think one of the OTA removed it
                  When is ATV not ATV when it's whatever this UI is Called, Interesting as will be seen.

Shows all apps has an App Draw and you can Add apps to a custom area...Not sure about all that.

As Mentioned 2 OTA updates so far since switch on, so support appears to be ongoing.

have Updated a couple apps and installed testers etc. Google store all good
                  Has Root access, No SU, also no Upper or Lower Bars.

Remote working good, and Using Logitech k400 also. except Enter/Q thingy
                  Clock on the Front Good looking deep blue colour, like it.

Lets run it thru some paces and see what it has to offer.

Boot Animation

UI, Installed Apps and Info.

Started with Firmware:

Then

Now on Dec 24th OTA

Last edited by trebor; 01-04-2019, 00:00.
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

My Logitech K400+ keyboard didn't work properly on the X96 Max. The enter key didn't work as it inserted the letter "Q" instead. I had to use the External Keyboard Helper Pro app to make it work properly. You'd think they'd fix this keyboard problem before shipping out these units, but no....

Comment

• trebor
                      trebor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They may not even be aware of the Enter Issue, most never do fix.
                      Only Devs with Customs Roms.

I found that when I tried to install SuperSu, it bricked it. So be forewarned. I had to reinstall the firmware.

Comment

• trebor
                      trebor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes SU and A8.1 not a happy chappy at present, I think TWRP and Magics will be the go,
                      I think the GT1 mini Chad has something brewing over there
                      Dont bother me too much.

Lets Continue on with some more eye candy:with the

Root Access:

DRM: L3

Ram and Storage Truth:

CPU-Z:

AIDA64: USB Info

SD Card Test: Good Speeds

GeekBench: CPU and Compute:

Antutu:

GFXBench:
                    Probably a pointeless test really on this type on unit, but its there why not.

Gearbest
                    Last edited by trebor; 01-05-2019, 01:49.
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

tЯeboЯ: thanks for sharing your benchmarks. Your Antutu score for the X96 Max of 59,490 is about 4,000 points higher than my Vorke Z6 DDR4 with 32 gigs storage (patched with OpenGL 3.2). This X96 Max is, for the price, a bargin and fast.

Comment

How did you get your OTA updates? whem i go to the FOTA Update app it shows me that there are no updates but i still got the old 20181107 version. Can someone help?

Comment

Hi, someone posted that you can flash the custom rom ATV beelink on x96 max was wondering can I flash it to the 2gb - 16gb model ? and also can I do it via OTA or would i need to use USB Burning tool ?

Here is the firmware

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X