Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uscool View Post

I prefer ATV its simple to use and apps are made for basic remote, s905x2 is really good can easily play 4k hdr 50gb + plus files using Kodi via network with ethernet
    The hardware was never the problem, it is a beast to be sure. It eats files that my Minix X8H Plus just cannot manage, because of size, even when on local HDD's. I imagined the Minix to be the ultimate in my price range at the time of purchase. I was greatly surprised by the low cost of these s905x2 boxes initially, but then I saw the state of the software and realised support is almost non existent.

Comment

Hi after using the X96 max the 2gb model for week, with stock and custom ATV ROM, the Stock ROM doesnt work with latest YouTube ATV app and gives green scrambled screen on Live streams but on custom ATV the latest YouTube ATV works but still get the green issue, but can use Smart YouTube instead which works on both fully

Another thing no point setting it so it goes into standby/sleep with Stock ROM it wakes up automatically and on Custom ROM it goes to sleep but if try to press power to get it on agian nothing happens this is once the box been on standby for quite a while

Although the WIFI speed is very good it randomly can just vanish this can in 1hr or few hours and box needs restarting to get it working again happens on both stock and custom rom

the speed of the box is very good and it can play pretty much any video file very well

Comment

Hello, does the auto framerate switching works with Kodi? Thanks.

Comment

Hello. i have x96 max 4/32G Does not work. I tried to update it WITH USB_Burning_Tool but Each time it stops at 7% With several roms
          I tried to update it with SDcard and not work
          https://ibb.co/HFYY7fw

Comment

Originally posted by fethi82 View Post
            Hello. i have x96 max 4/32G Does not work. I tried to update it WITH USB_Burning_Tool but Each time it stops at 7% With several roms
            Have you tried USB Burning Tool 2.1.6.8?

Comment

Originally posted by glaven View Post

Have you tried USB Burning Tool 2.1.6.8?
              yes i used to update my box but stoped at 7%

Comment

yes i used to update my box but stoped at 7%
                My X96 Max4/32 wouldn't boot up and I also got stuck on 7% when I tried to flash another Rom. I eventually solved the problem by booting TWRP from an SD card (see post #108 by Venusflytrap) and clearing cache and dalvik cache.

(Subsequent stock updates seem to have solved the issue as I have had no problems since.)

Comment

Originally posted by glaven View Post

My X96 Max4/32 wouldn't boot up and I also got stuck on 7% when I tried to flash another Rom. I eventually solved the problem by booting TWRP from an SD card (see post #108 by Venusflytrap) and clearing cache and dalvik cache.

(Subsequent stock updates seem to have solved the issue as I have had no problems since.)
                  I tried several times but the result is a black screen

Comment

can somebody pls tell me how to screen mirror my whole android phone not just videos and photos with x96max ?

Comment

omaramiromo BiBaBuTzE

I think I have the exact same situation as you had that I flashed new firmware using OTA.
                      I tried your way to short circuit the 2-3 pin of HDMI, the box rebooted and the burning tool can detect it, but right after 3-4 seconds, it is disconnected again like before.
                      I shorted so many times even with 10 seconds, but still no luck. Also tried to short the "correct" points from Russian forum, but nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by alwayssunny View Post
                        omaramiromo BiBaBuTzE

I think I have the exact same situation as you had that I flashed new firmware using OTA.
                        I tried your way to short circuit the 2-3 pin of HDMI, the box rebooted and the burning tool can detect it, but right after 3-4 seconds, it is disconnected again like before.
                        I shorted so many times even with 10 seconds, but still no luck. Also tried to short the "correct" points from Russian forum, but nothing happened.
                        Hello alwayssunny, I think my Problem was, I have connect the Box in Burning Tool before I push the Startbutton, but you must push the Startbutton and then connect the Box. This was my fault. Try this. First Startbutton, after this connect the Box to USB port.

Comment

Originally posted by BiBaBuTzE View Post

Hello alwayssunny, I think my Problem was, I have connect the Box in Burning Tool before I push the Startbutton, but you must push the Startbutton and then connect the Box. This was my fault. Try this. First Startbutton, after this connect the Box to USB port.
                          Thank you!!! I made it back to life.
                          The trick is to uncheck the erase bootloader and flash the same firmware!
                          I did a lot of time with erase bootloader checked by default and will alway fail!

Comment

Some inquiries needs to confirm,

1- what high resolution on Netflix can play?

2- which better for performance H96 x2 , X96 max ?

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post
                              Hi after using the X96 max the 2gb model for week, with stock and custom ATV ROM, the Stock ROM doesnt work with latest YouTube ATV app and gives green scrambled screen on Live streams but on custom ATV the latest YouTube ATV works but still get the green issue, but can use Smart YouTube instead which works on both fully

Another thing no point setting it so it goes into standby/sleep with Stock ROM it wakes up automatically and on Custom ROM it goes to sleep but if try to press power to get it on agian nothing happens this is once the box been on standby for quite a while

Although the WIFI speed is very good it randomly can just vanish this can in 1hr or few hours and box needs restarting to get it working again happens on both stock and custom rom

the speed of the box is very good and it can play pretty much any video file very well

I has same problem. Cannot wake up box from sleep. I think the box has problem with HDMI port.

Comment

Did you plug power after plug USB.

Comment

Working...
                                X