Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Nick... Did you get the game pad to work on cetus play? Trying to set it up for snes9x

Comment

x96 max
      Last edited by sarppolat; 09-13-2019, 01:49.

Comment

Thanks Nick... Did you get the game pad to work on cetus play? Trying to set it up for snes9x

Comment

Originally posted by A.S._id View Post
          1. Open img 02.03.2019 in USB Burning Tool
          2. Push START.
          3. Short pins via pincette.
          4. Connect device to pc via USB 3.0 (blue port)!
          100% warranty if device hasn't hardware troubles.
          thanks
          Last edited by sarppolat; 09-13-2019, 01:52.

Comment

Originally posted by roTTer View Post
            Didn't try, but I guess it will work ok. If you got any problem, first try to enable virtual keyboard for cetusplay - settings / keyboard / manage keyboards / cetusplay input

Good day,
            Nik

Comment

Hi, My name is Eric-Jan, just got this X96 Max 4/64,
              But Youtube is buffering, (with feeze frame on tv screen) while i think it should not, because i have no problems with Youtube on my Sony PS4,
              Can i adjust something so Youtube isnt freeze frame/buffering so much ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fugitive View Post
                Hi, My name is Eric-Jan, just got this X96 Max 4/64,
                But Youtube is buffering, (with feeze frame on tv screen) while i think it should not, because i have no problems with Youtube on my Sony PS4,
                Can i adjust something so Youtube isnt freeze frame/buffering so much ?
                Can you provide more info? Like, how is connected wifi or ethernet? Whats the firmware version of the box?
                It is probably wifi issue, with unstable connection on some firmwares...

Comment

Originally posted by nikolaign View Post

Can you provide more info? Like, how is connected wifi or ethernet? Whats the firmware version of the box?
                  It is probably wifi issue, with unstable connection on some firmwares...
                  okay, here it goes: Model C96Max_V311 Android 8.1.0 security patch level June 5, 2018 Kernel 4.9.76 (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02))
                  yxt000@yxt000-S2600JF #1 Sat Mar2 12:16:42 CST 2019 Build number X96MaxV311_20190302-1355

First i was connected wired to my network, even then there where buffering issues, i then switched to WiFi, i thought it was a little better, but not for long....
                  When i play (Kodi) MP4's from HyperX USB memory stick i run also in buffering situations, VLC, is a little better but not buffering free.
                  Sofar i could not find any options to compensate, never had problems when using the PS4 from sony, wired or wireless.
                  sometimes Kodi crashes, i can bail out from that by using (gear) > Settings, > return arrow on the infrred remote.
                  Sofar i'm a bit disapointed, i got the 4GB RAM 64GB ROM model, by thinking this got me enough "head room".

Comment

okay, here it goes: Model C96Max_V311 Android 8.1.0 security patch level June 5, 2018 Kernel 4.9.76 (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02))
                    yxt000@yxt000-S2600JF #1 Sat Mar2 12:16:42 CST 2019 Build number X96MaxV311_20190302-1355
                    First i was connected wired to my network, even then there where buffering issues, i then switched to WiFi, i thought it was a little better, but not for long....
                    When i play (Kodi) MP4's from HyperX USB memory stick i run also in buffering situations, VLC, is a little better but not buffering free.
                    Sofar i could not find any options to compensate, never had problems when using the PS4 from sony, wired or wireless.
                    sometimes Kodi crashes, i can bail out from that by using (gear) > Settings, > return arrow on the infrred remote.
                    Sofar i'm a bit disapointed, i got the 4GB RAM 64GB ROM model, by thinking this got me enough "head room".
                    Sounds like software firmware issues.

If you are not set on keeping Android 8.1, then try upgrading to the latest Android 9 Pie image and possibly that will fix your issues...

Some firmwares Dated 20190722 :orOr you can always try a Custom ROM image from one the FreakTab developers, most are made for Beelink GT-mini but also work for the X96_MAX, just read those threads to be sure.

Comment

Thank you ! i see the first link is for the 2GB model, and i got the 4GB model, Yes, i know the risky business of flashing, I have some experience due to being a member of an an early devolpment team for Plextor optical drives (beta test team) in the early days of these, also for updating firmware for wifi internet radio's....
                      I will first do some research and resd some people experiences with this, if this fails, i'm thinking about switiching platform, i have ordered a real Pi a Rapberrry Pi 4B 4GB.

Don't know yet if the current flash software for the Xiaomi is for WinM$, i've got a MacBook Pro here.... (early2015 13" 8GB)
                      (i doo have Etcher... should also be ok to put this img file onto a micro SD card i guess)

I bought the Xiaomi for it's price, so for me it was a bit of a gamble... and hoped for a simple solution, without spending too much time, like setting up a Linux pc, which is a bit too much, for me,
                      so you could say i'm a bit lazy, but that's mostly bacause of bad experiences with WinM$ PC's
                      Last edited by Fugitive; 09-11-2019, 23:33.

Comment

Thank you ! i see the first link is for the 2GB model, and i got the 4GB model,
                        I would suggest to flash this one as many said it is working great - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nB0...pjVzeEg79/view

There is also a zip file that can be used to update via sd card (but I would first try pc flash method) -
                        https://ln.sync.com/dl/d353141a0/iqq...t5cek-7jtjzhgu

Also there is a subpage for android
                        pie on x96max, you can check it out - https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...atest-firmware

More useful links and guides -
                        https://www.getdroidtips.com/stock-f...96-max-tv-box/

P.S. For pc flash method you will need usb type A male to male cable which is not very common.
                        ​​​​​
                        Cheers, Nik​​​​​
                        Last edited by nikolaign; 09-12-2019, 12:03.

Comment

Thank you ! i have some studying to do i see Thanks for these links ! i'm a bit new to this all, so it will help me greatly !

Comment

hey guys. um using x96 max and i never flashed it. its the 8.1 android version that i bought few months ago. my question is. will the 9.0 version come without flashing it ?

Comment

Originally posted by bishopx26 View Post
                              hey guys. um using x96 max and i never flashed it. its the 8.1 android version that i bought few months ago. my question is. will the 9.0 version come without flashing it ?
                              No, the 9.0 version can NOT be installed by OTA update or zip. Will need to flash 9 Pie firmware with USB Burning Tool. This way any changes in bootloader and uboot which are specifically for Pie update are properly installed to your device.

Comment

That's also a bit of a problem for me now... you need a M$windows PC to do this.... via USB cable.... would be easier when this would be an image/iso to flash by means of (micro)SD card or USB memory stick, then i could do this with Etcher, Etcher is available for M$, Linux, and Mac OS ( i have a MacBook Pro)
                                I have been lots of years on the M$windows OS, al pc's or laptops that i've been using got everytime slower, and crashed in the end, so now some years on a MacBook Pro, (early2015 13" 8GB RAM) works fine for me no virus problems, or slowing down.
                                I bought the X96 Max 4/64 mainly for playing/easy access MP4/MKV episodes/movies, because my Bluray player (used as media player) would not play codec types, also it should replace my PS4 for using Youtube, youtube on my smart tv isn't up to that task anymore.
                                Kodi and Youtube sometimes crash on my X96 Max so i hope an upgrade to Android 9.0/9.1 would fix that, i have the 4GB RAM 64GB storage version i now see only an upgrade for 4/32,
                                would that be a problem ? do i loose 32GB with that upgrade ?
                                It would be nice if there was a LibreELEC fork for the X96 Max.....

Comment

Working...
                                X