Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orman View Post

I asked the very same question to Geekbuying's customer support. They also confirmed that it indeed supports Netflix TV up to 4K out of the box. However, they were not a 100% sure if it's officially Google certified. But getting Netflix to play at 4K (with Dolby Digital?) without the proper certifications from both Netflix and Google is no easy task. So i'm assuming this time around, it's actually certified for both.

Since this is what made most people stay away from the KM8, because of its non-existent Netflix support, and a questionable "certified" Android TV firmware. I'm assuming this is why they're already releasing a new version, and with killer specs. To finally "get it right", and make a proper legit Android TV box. But this is all speculation so far, like you, i also find it odd that none of these online stores mention Netflix support or Google certification anywhere on their product page.

We'll wait and see though, keep us updated when you receive yours.
    The bastards CS deleted couple of my questions at GB on the above matter... however as i have mecool m8s pro L hook thru an avr, it does play netflix 1080 with DD which is great

Comment

Ship between: Nov 14 - Nov 16
      As this just after the Singles day 11/11 sale in China...please no breath holding please
      You have been warned.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

It would be so stupid of Videostrong (Mecool) to make the same mistake twice.
        Still not sure if they will succeed this time.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I have to agree with Mo, I wont believe it until I see it.

However, Mecool, keeps raising the bar on what these inexpensive devices can do. They were the first to support Widevine Level 1, first to support Netflix in 1080P HD, and first to actually support a Google Certified device with the KM8. However, they never followed through with the firmware on the KM8. Of course, I side loaded an Android TV OS version of Netflix that DOES play in 1080p HD. Also, by having an UNlocked bootloader, it makes it possible to dual boot another OS, which is fantastic. So, it is a trade off.
          Can you put a link of the Netflix apk that plays in HD with KM8?

Comment

Originally posted by vadergr View Post

Can you put a link of the Netflix apk that plays in HD with KM8?
            Do a search for this >>> Netflix_3.2.2 Android TV Mod.apk. I believe it is the one.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post

I will only start trusting anything with a AMLogic SoC, running Android TV Oreo - when devices sell thru Legit retail channels in the USA or other Western countries, that have consumer product protection laws. So you can very easily return defective devices after being suckered in by BS Chinese marketing.
              I've started an important Firmware awareness post over on the Kodi forums recently to weed out the Flashy BS Marketing - poorly support devices:

(Some well known Android device seller names will surprise you !)

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...170#pid2192170
              Wrxtasy, in your link, you did not mention the new Ematic Jetstream 4K Ultra HD Android TV Box, which is a real Google Certified device, same as the Xiaomi MiBox.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Netflix_3.2.2 Android TV Mod: https://bit.ly/2oN92TZ

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Wrxtasy, in your link, you did not mention the new Ematic Jetstream 4K Ultra HD Android TV Box, which is a real Google Certified device, same as the Xiaomi MiBox.
                  Devices will only get detailed comments in that post after they actually have a Firmware update, so users can judge the level of after sales support the seller is going to provide.
                  I will put a Jetstream place holder in there and basically comment it's better out of the box - than what Xiaomi and MECOOL are providing with buggy Android TV - Oreo 8.0 Firmware.

Comment

According to this article https://androidtvbox.eu/58-99-mecool...-remote-promo/
                    tv box has android tv 8 and support youtube 4k (this option very critical for me).
                    I have just bought this tv box on gearbest :-)
                    So i have to wait about two weeks for delivery (from China to Ukraine) and than i will write short review.

p.s. my english not so good, my apologize if i made some mistakes

Comment

Without auto frame-rate support, the 4k Youtube will just run on a 1080p framebuffer and not be actual 4K as on the Nvidia Shield. Almost all devices released in the past year supports downscaled 4K Youtube with a firmware change or using the SmartYoutubeTV app.

Comment

AndroidTV has SmartYoutubeTV by default (like Xiaomi MiBox international).
                        So, I think there are chances to watch 4k youtube (downscaled).

Comment

Yes, you can watch Youtube 4K downscaled like on any other tv box by using the SmartYoutube app here - https://smartyoutubetv.github.io

Comment

From what I heard from factory, there is no google certified for this product. Also no 4k Netflix and Yes it has 4k youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by atboxshop View Post
                              From what I heard from factory, there is no google certified for this product. Also no 4k Netflix and Yes it has 4k youtube.
                              Interesting.

Comment

My question to Gearbest and their answer.
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X