Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJMoore View Post
    A question...Are there any hardware differences between the two Km9 versions (regular remote/voice remote) or is it simply different firmware?
    I have installed both of the firmwares, on my KM9 with the Bluetooth remote.......... Saw no difference in hardware drivers.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

A question...Are there any hardware differences between the two Km9 versions (regular remote/voice remote) or is it simply different firmware?
      I think you have the KM9 without the Bluetooth remote???

or this remote......

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

This is a good remote, I have 3 of them.

Comment

This is the version I have, the latest I believe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205103110_28627.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	762476

Comment

The remote in the 1st link you posted for the M8SproL looks like the same one that comes with the Km9 w/voice and would probably be the best option for me, since the firmware I installed is for the KM9 w/voice.

Comment

The remote in the 1st link you posted for the M8SproL looks like the same one that comes with the Km9 w/voice and would probably be the best option for me, since the firmware I installed is for the KM9 w/voice.
              The voice remote the came with my KM9 keeps losing Bluetooth connection. Most of the time I use the cheaper remote with the RF dongle.

Comment

Well, I picked up a remote today and got the box set up, but yes, I see what you mean about the BT cutting out, it was a cheap remote and was local, so I can't complain.
                It'll do for now.
                Maybe their will be a fix in the next firmware update. thanks Clark, for the help.

Comment

has anyone tried to change picture settings?when i change it goes back to standard...

Comment

Originally posted by takizzz View Post
                    has anyone tried to change picture settings?when i change it goes back to standard...
                    Yes, I switch it to movie, exit, go back in, and it's back on standard. I don't believe they gave this box a very thorough testing prior to release.

Comment

help me, impossible to install a rom .. always this error with usb burning tool (v2.1.6.8)
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	546544.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	762789
                      Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Get a better USB cable, with braided shielding and a ferrite choke!

Ok thank you Magendanz, I use a very low-end cable, so this is probably the problem.

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, we've been experiencing regular USB problems with the u211 reference board. It's quite susceptible to EM noise and most of us have had to upgrade our cables. Here's what's worked for me: https://www.gearbest.com/cables-conn...298937892.html

Hi All,

I am newbie in this forum and want to buy a new Android TV box to replacing my faulty RK3368 box. Now I am considering between Mecool M8S Pro L(3+32) & KM9(4+32) .
                      In most case I would watch youtube or other video streaming app but do not need Netflix.

KM9 is a newer model with ATV 8.1 and 4G ram, while M8S Pro L come with ATV 7.1 and 3G ram. Normally KM9 should be better, but I watched a youtube video and the guy said KM9 is buggy and even not smooth at 1080 video/youtube. It makes me prefer older M8S Pro L more than KM9.
                      May I get some suggestions from you guys regarding these 2 machines or even other recommended ATV box with similar price?
                      Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by C-Leung View Post
                        Hi All,

I am newbie in this forum and want to buy a new Android TV box to replacing my faulty RK3368 box. Now I am considering between Mecool M8S Pro L(3+32) & KM9(4+32) .
                        In most case I would watch youtube or other video streaming app but do not need Netflix.

KM9 is a newer model with ATV 8.1 and 4G ram, while M8S Pro L come with ATV 7.1 and 3G ram. Normally KM9 should be better, but I watched a youtube video and the guy said KM9 is buggy and even not smooth at 1080 video/youtube. It makes me prefer older M8S Pro L more than KM9.
                        May I get some suggestions from you guys regarding these 2 machines or even other recommended ATV box with similar price?
                        Thanks for your help!
                        In my humble opinion, the Mecool KM8 is a better buy for around $56 USD. Everything seems to work, except Netflix in HD (which you said you don't need), and no Amazon Prime video (so I heard).
                        My video on this device >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LygWfEJZ7N0&t=1233s

The Mecool KM9, for me is a backward step from the KM8, and that is probably because of the newer SOC. It is OK for basic usage, but won't play some of my major apps like Plex or Emby. The Bluetooth voice remote, keeps loosing the connection, so I have to continually pair it.

My review of the Mecool KM9 >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgneKZ9zBxY&t=300s

The Mecool M8S Pro L with the Bluetooth Voice remote is a very good device also, but does run quite hot.

It really depends on what your external hardware setup is, and what apps you want to use it for. Almost all of these devices will play YouTube in 4k, but most lack in quality audio output. In other words, if you have a nice surround system, and 4k TV, you MAY want to consider the Nvidia Shield. Or dual booting the KM8 with CoreELEC and it plays everything, including ALL of the HD audio codecs.

Running CoreELEC on these inexpensive boxes, you can have Netflix in 720p with DD+.

Comment

I noticed after installing Magendanz's Rom, My Mac & Serial number have changed, will I have a problem using the OTA update in the future?

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The MAC and serial number are written to secure key storage at the factory, so they should survive flash of an OTA update or AML burn package. Is there a chance you selected something other than the defaults in USB Burning Tool? If you choose the option to "overwrite key" that might have caused you to lose the factory settings.

I noticed after installing Magendanz's Rom, My Mac & Serial number have changed, will I have a problem using the OTA update in the future?
                          Not sure it will matter, since there will NEVER be an update for this device........ What we have is what we will get.

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            What makes you think that VideoStrong has abandoned support for this model?
                        Working...
                        X