Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just output on HDMI to my Digital Audio receiver, which handles the Dolby/DTS decoding. The only thing I needed to tweak was the settings in Kodi to pass through multi-channel audio.

Comment

Originally posted by johnfasolax View Post
      Hey guys, can anyone guide me through the Audio settings of the KM9?

First I'm not sure but does the AV port support mini toslink output?? Or is there posybility to get digital audio to my AV Onkyo receiver ?
      Second, when I go into Advanced audio settings and activate the option SPDIF, it just gets blank again after leaving the menu instead of saving the setting "on".
      In general there are some mistakes in audio options in this android...

And is anybody aware of all the different advanced audio settings like, Dolby Audo (off, Line, RF), DTS percentage etc.. ? what is it?
      That should I set in options to get 5.1 DTS Core or DD on HDMI port?

Thanks in advance for your answers! I hope U can help me with this cos I cannot find any tips for couple of days....
      Since KM9 does not have an SPDIF output, you will need one of these to connect Optical SPDIF to your amplifier: https://www.google.gr/search?source=...30.fX5pM1HnO4s
      Last edited by vitocorl; 03-05-2019, 11:41.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1551524394667966.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	765336
        Here is the new released Km9 with google certificate, voice remote and atv 9.0 version ..

https://uk.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_00...63#goodsDetail

https://www.banggood.com/Mecool-KM9-...r_warehouse=CN

The remote control has changed the location of the voice search button...

Written in Mecool and android tv with white post on the box ..The differences between our boxes.

Last edited by exotic34; 03-07-2019, 12:09.

Comment

Originally posted by exotic34 View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1551524394667966.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	765336
          Here is the new released Km9 with google certificate, voice remote and atv 9.0 version ..

https://uk.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_00...63#goodsDetail

https://www.banggood.com/Mecool-KM9-...r_warehouse=CN

The remote control has changed the location of the voice search button...

Written in Mecool and android tv with white post on the box ..The differences between our boxes.
          This is Mecool KM3

Comment

Duy Tai

No KM3 ..This is KM9...

KM3 4 GB DDR4 + RAM 64 GB ROM

KM9 4 GB DDR4 + RAM 32 GB ROM and box difference..

Comment

Can we get that new update for Pie on this box? Specs are the same.

Comment

Mecool is really confusing the consumers with the KM9 box. Now Gearbest has two listings for KM9 box and another listing for KM3 box which is exactly the same as KM9. Here is what I could gather from the website:

All of these boxes have Android Pie (9.0) and S905X2 processor

KM9 (not Google Certified version), 32 gb ROM, has Gigabit LAN but *NO* voice remote
              https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_0...ml?wid=1433363 ($51)

KM9 (Google Certified version) with voice remote but *NO* Gigabit LAN, 32gb ROM
              https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_0...63#goodsDetail ($69)

KM3 (Google Certified) with voice remote but *NO* Gigabit LAN but has 64gb ROM.
              https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_0...&lkid=19954908 ($79)

So I have no idea what they are trying to do here. KM3 looks like a newer (maybe nicer) box.

If anyone knows of any other differences please post those. As far as I can tell neither of them support Netflix HD.
              Last edited by canbonbon; 03-08-2019, 14:03.

Comment

we need the android 9 atv rom! hopefully the rom from the new model works with the old one...can anyone ask the shop to give the firmware?

Comment

There is new firmware released few days ago:

We have good news, there is a new firmware with Android 9.0 (.img file for PC flash firmware and OTA file for SD upgrade) for MECOOL KM9 (update

Dont know is this for atv or stock android?

Comment

Originally posted by razzor View Post
                    There is new firmware released few days ago:

We have good news, there is a new firmware with Android 9.0 (.img file for PC flash firmware and OTA file for SD upgrade) for MECOOL KM9 (update

Dont know is this for atv or stock android?
                    This rom is no atv..Aosp stock rom..Ugly launcher and no voice remote..

Comment

Originally posted by razzor View Post
                      There is new firmware released few days ago...
                      Note that this is older than what's currently shipping on the new KM9 advertised with Android 9.0 (KM9 PI V1.20190220.151755). Even this new one, however, is only a beta release and is not even Project Treble compliant. We hear from Amlogic that the Amlogic SDK 9.0 won't be final until the end of the month, and the Android TV version may be even later.

In other words, you might want to wait a few weeks for the Pie builds to go legit.
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-09-2019, 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

Note that this is older than what's currently shipping on the new KM9 advertised with Android 9.0 (KM9 PI V1.20190220.151755). Even this new one, however, is only a beta release and is not even Project Treble compliant. We hear from Amlogic that the Amlogic SDK 9.0 won't be final until the end of the month, and the Android TV version may be even later.

In other words, you might want to wait a few weeks for the Pie builds to go legit.
                        Hello Magendanz, I have been thinking about buying one of these boxes. Which one would you recommend? Or should I wait another couple of months based on your comments above.

Comment

Originally posted by canbonbon View Post
                          I have been thinking about buying one of these boxes. Which one would you recommend? Or should I wait another couple of months based on your comments above.
                          Right now I think your best bet is an Amlogic S905X2 (u211 reference board) with Widevine L1, which is basically only the KM9 and the new KM3. Widevline L1 doesn't get you what it once did (e.g. Netflix), but it will certainly enable some media streaming services you wouldn't get otherwise. I'm also hopeful that we'll resolve the bug currently blocking YouTube TV.

Even if Android 9.0 (Pie) isn't ready yet, that shouldn't prevent you from flashing Oreo 8.1 ROMs until it is, and right now what's based on the Amlogic SDK 8.1 is the more current (and stable) firmware out there. Personally, my main player now is a KM9 and I just ordered a KM3. (Don't tell my wife!) I don't have the KM3 yet, but the specs look almost identical and it comes in a 64GB config.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

Right now I think your best bet is an Amlogic S905X2 (u211 reference board) with Widevine L1, which is basically only the KM9 and the new KM3. Widevline L1 doesn't get you what it once did (e.g. Netflix), but it will certainly enable some media streaming services you wouldn't get otherwise. I'm also hopeful that we'll resolve the bug currently blocking YouTube TV.

Even if Android 9.0 (Pie) isn't ready yet, that shouldn't prevent you from flashing Oreo 8.1 ROMs until it is, and right now what's based on the Amlogic SDK 8.1 is the more current (and stable) firmware out there. Personally, my main player now is a KM9 and I just ordered a KM3. (Don't tell my wife!) I don't have the KM3 yet, but the specs look almost identical and it comes in a 64GB config.
                            It appears gearbest has run out of KM3.

Comment

So, I was able to build an Amlogic burn package (.img file) of the latest Android Pie OEM firmware from a partition dump provided by @DerKammi. It passes the basic smoke tests, but hasn't yet been fully tested. I did confirm that it installs fine on my old KM9, despite reporting as being based on the newer Amlogic u212 reference board.

KM9-PI-V1.20190220.151755.img

Note that while this is compressed as a ZIP archive to make for a faster download, it's not something you can install from stock recovery or TWRP. You need to unpack and install the IMG file using the latest Amlogic USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker. I also want to emphasize that the Amlogic SDK 9.0 won't be final until at least the end of this month, so you should consider these Android Pie builds beta quality (at best).

Comment

Working...
                              X