Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    So, I was able to build an Amlogic burn package (.img file) of the latest Android Pie OEM firmware from a partition dump provided by @DerKammi. It passes the basic smoke tests, but hasn't yet been fully tested. I did confirm that it installs fine on my old KM9, despite reporting as being based on the newer Amlogic u212 reference board.

KM9-PI-V1.20190220.151755.img

Note that while this is compressed as a ZIP archive to make for a faster download, it's not something you can install from stock recovery or TWRP. You need to unpack and install the IMG file using the latest Amlogic USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker. I also want to emphasize that the Amlogic SDK 9.0 won't be final until at least the end of this month, so you should consider these Android Pie builds beta quality (at best).
    This is Android Tv?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      No, it's got the clunky old LightHome launcher.

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    So, I was able to build an Amlogic burn package (.img file) of the latest Android Pie OEM firmware from a partition dump provided by @DerKammi. It passes the basic smoke tests, but hasn't yet been fully tested. I did confirm that it installs fine on my old KM9, despite reporting as being based on the newer Amlogic u212 reference board.

KM9-PI-V1.20190220.151755.img

Note that while this is compressed as a ZIP archive to make for a faster download, it's not something you can install from stock recovery or TWRP. You need to unpack and install the IMG file using the latest Amlogic USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker. I also want to emphasize that the Amlogic SDK 9.0 won't be final until at least the end of this month, so you should consider these Android Pie builds beta quality (at best).
    I have then the rom that comes by default in the KM9 with voice control, which is Android TV. Do you recommend installing your rom? What advantages do you have with respect to the official one? If you are going to release an Android TV 9 shortly, I can wait to not reinstall everything twice.
    Thank you

Comment

I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue, I picked up a voice remote (Q5B air mouse w/voice) as my Km9 came with the standard remote, anyway, it paired up fine and everything works ok, vol,pg up & down, voice control, air mouse, navigation and power off, but the power on function won't work.
      It's the 2.4 RF with dongle version, not BT. getting tired of having to use two remotes, any suggestions?
      Last edited by SJMoore; 03-13-2019, 22:44.

Comment

most of AirMouse(not device origin part!!)do not support Power "ON" it does only OFF function!
        my Airmouse(bought separate) also same "ON" function does not work,and all other functions are O.K
        Last edited by bergamesk; 03-15-2019, 14:23. Reason: corr.

Comment

Really? I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Comment

Hello folks,
            I got the Mecool KM9 with android 9 and regular not voice remote. I bought it from Amazon for $54 USD and got it two days ago.
            My box booted up pretty fast and it had Netflix,Aptoidtv, and a few other app's installed already. Its nice and fast and I have been able to sideload some app's pretty easy. I don't care about the 4k Netflix issue personally. The box works well for what I do watch IPTV and listen to alot of music. I wish it did support Amazon and a few other Apps but new chip new box some kinks are to be expected. My question for you guys is this...

Have any of you had trouble with Spotify? I was able to get the old ver to install and open but navigating with the remote was just bad,like not good at all! I uninstalled because it was just to had to navigate Spotify with the remote. The crazy thing is I installed the newest ver of Pandora from AptioidTv and it works like a charm no problem playing easy to navigate and works very well.
            I'm trying to work out why Pandora's new App works so well and Spotify will not Any help with this would be great thanks for looking at my post and have a great day.

Comment

Originally posted by beruce View Post
              Have any of you had trouble with Spotify? I was able to get the old ver to install and open but navigating with the remote was just bad,like not good at all! I uninstalled because it was just to had to navigate Spotify with the remote. The crazy thing is I installed the newest ver of Pandora from AptioidTv and it works like a charm no problem playing easy to navigate and works very well.
              I'm trying to work out why Pandora's new App works so well and Spotify will not Any help with this would be great thanks for looking at my post and have a great day.
              Some apps just aren't Android box friendly, they're more for touch screen devices, You would need an air mouse to properly navigate Spotify,
              I picked up this one, https://www.gearbest.com/air-mouse/p...ml?wid=1433363 it's cheap, but works well, only negative is that apparently an air mouse won't power on your box, but every other function works.

Comment

Originally posted by SJMoore View Post

Some apps just aren't Android box friendly, they're more for touch screen devices, You would need an air mouse to properly navigate Spotify,
                I picked up this one, https://www.gearbest.com/air-mouse/p...ml?wid=1433363 it's cheap, but works well, only negative is that apparently an air mouse won't power on your box, but every other function works.
                I have this one, and I guess it is similar to yours. It is an actual air mouse, by waving it in the air, the cursor moves on the screen. It is a fantastic remote/airmouse. Yours does look better, though.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

What about this https://www.gearbest.com/air-mouse/p...ml?wid=1433363
                  do you think this device would work on this box? I would like to have mouse and keyboard function for navigating around on this box.
                  Any advice would be awesome thanks guys for helping me out. I'm very new to the Android Box game and there is just not
                  very much in the way of help and support out there on the net for this box. As a matter of fact this site was the most I have seen
                  in the way of help and support for this box. Any way thank you again and keep up the good work.

Comment

@ Beruce, I personally prefer an air mouse like the one linked above, and a separate wireless keyboard with mouse touch pad, like this one.. But the one you linked seems like it will do what you want.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thank you for the link clarkss12. I went ahead and bought that device you linked it looked more like what I need or want.
                      I guess my next question about this box is the looks of the home screen and launcher. The way it comes out of box the home screen and all looks very basic and clunky. Is there any way to make the interface look more polished or slicker? Also maybe group the app's by category?
                      I tried looking around the forum for this info but maybe I missed it. Perhaps when or if they do a firmware update for this box the interface will improve but for now what can I do?

Comment

Originally posted by beruce View Post
                        Thank you for the link clarkss12. I went ahead and bought that device you linked it looked more like what I need or want.
                        I guess my next question about this box is the looks of the home screen and launcher. The way it comes out of box the home screen and all looks very basic and clunky. Is there any way to make the interface look more polished or slicker? Also maybe group the app's by category?
                        I tried looking around the forum for this info but maybe I missed it. Perhaps when or if they do a firmware update for this box the interface will improve but for now what can I do?
                        Using Aptoide app, search for and install the "TVLauncer" apk, and see how that works for you. I am using it on my KM9 running the "PIE" version that Magendanz posted.

Comment

Thanks will give that a try. Am I wrong in that the box shiiped with Pie installed? When I look at yhe device settings section it says Android 9. Ther vet of Pie that Megendanz posted is different? If so at some point I may try to flash it. That will take some reading lol. Sgain thanks for the help this box may turn out to be awesome after all.

Comment

has anyone been able to root this box with android 9 installed

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Using Aptoide app, search for and install the "TVLauncer" apk, and see how that works for you. I am using it on my KM9 running the "PIE" version that Magendanz posted.
                              I got the air mouse combo today and it does vastly improve the navigation of this box my question is how to you get the HOME button to work? I press the home button while in an app and nothing will happen. It seems the home button will not work or I am doing something wrog. Any help would be great thank you in advance. I did try to read about this problem in the user manual but there is not much help at all in the manual its rather small.

Comment

Working...
                              X