Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    @ Beruce, I personally prefer an air mouse like the one linked above, and a separate wireless keyboard with mouse touch pad, like this one.. But the one you linked seems like it will do what you want.
    https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-...VEPFWS6MZ5RZ9C

I got the air mouse combo today and it does vastly improve the navigation of this box my question is how to you get the HOME button to work? I press the home button while in an app and nothing will happen. It seems the home button will not work or I am doing something wrog. Any help would be great thank you in advance. I did try to read about this problem in the user manual but there is not much help at all in
    ​​​​​​​ the manual its rather small.

Comment

Hello again.
      I was using my KM9 with cable connection. But now i moved the box to another room and connected via wifi. But the wifi connection is too slow. My phone gets 35mbps at same location but the KM9 gets only 5mbps. My router supports 2.4GHz band only. Any solution for that?

Comment

Phones always speedy! even fastest!

Do not compare your Box with Phones

And also some of Boxes connection speed by WiFi very slow/bad!
        I'v used several Boxes till now and almost all my boxes speeds always problematic!
        So I do always Ethernet connection even sometimes(even mostly)this type connection is issue!

If possible use long distance ethernet cable!

And test your net speed with KODI(18.1) from Addon>>>Indigo;"Network Speed" Test section(choice 100mb file and download test)

Comment

Is this [Script] Auto frame rate for X96max ATV (and other clones) work on this box?

Comment

its probably neen posted before but i cant find it.
            with this box i originally had 100 mbps fibre but i have been upgraded to 150 mbps.. this box is limited to 100 so my question is >>> Is there a usb to gigabit adapter that i can use being a bit of a novice i would like the name and specific model that can be used...
            thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by normy62 View Post
              its probably neen posted before but i cant find it.
              with this box i originally had 100 mbps fibre but i have been upgraded to 150 mbps.. this box is limited to 100 so my question is >>> Is there a usb to gigabit adapter that i can use being a bit of a novice i would like the name and specific model that can be used...
              thanks in advance
              Hi

did you tested yr device on "KODI" from Indigo-NetWork Speed test??? probably you will see very low/down speed result!
              Forget it first of all your "Internet Service Fiber package 150Mb"!!
              Just test it with above Indigo speed test

Such as mine is(my Fiber Internet package 35Mb) I got it max.14/16Mb with Ethernet and Wireless !!!!
              I think you get it might be 60/70Mb or might be a little more!
              Before my Fiber package 25Mb then I got it max 10/12Mb!!

Seems that we lost half of speed!

If you test it such by Oakla Speedtest then you will get it according to your speed tariff might be 140Mb!!
              So this method totally wrong and you do not understand your REAL speed!

Traffic&Server Quality etc., there are many important criterias then you will lost your real Speed as well!

++

And if you have 150Mb Fiber Internet speed then this means you can watch almost all contents without any
              Buffer!! such as 4K or very high-high bitrate 1080p contents or 3D contents,as I know that you need min.20/30Mb
              speed! but do not forget it "TRAFFIC"(from your SERVER Co.) if your ROAD is heavy your 25Mb even 35Mb does not work it!
              so you get Buffer&Freeze...

Comment

Hi,
                I just bought the KM9 with 64gb internal storage. So far, I'm not impressed! The interface is poor, and not the clean looking Google TV layout. I could use Nova Launcher as per my KM8. However, before I go customising the box, please can someone assist with the following?

1) As this is no longer running a decent interface, please can anyone advise how I can get the status bar and navigation buttons to display. I don't mind rooting it required.

2) I have Bluetooth Logitech K800 keyboard and MX Master mouse. They work fine, however when I have either device connected (switch on) to the KM9, the on screen keyboard is disabled and disappears. Please can anyone advise how I stop this? Using a mouse with no on screen keyboard is not helpful. Also, hitting enter on a Logitech keyboard does nothing and there is no search button on the keyboard which means that I need the on screen keyboard to enter anything in a search box even with a keyboard.

Thanks for any help in advanced.

Comment

can anyone try and find the firmware from the new km9 which says it is android 9 tv and google certified?

Comment

The only box that I can see of Android 9 TV with Google cert is the KM3 which is newer!

It appears to be the same box, but with the software we want!

I wander if the firmwares will be compatible? I'm annoyed that I bought another Mecool on the back of being happy with the KM8!

Comment

Hello..
                      Do you have any purchase of new KM9 PRO models ? If so, can you share a copy of the firmware with us ?

Comment

Wrote to Videostrong and they confirmed to me both KM3 and KM9 Pro got certified by Google, with a KM1 coming too later.

Check this, looks like Chromecast is indeed working according to this Vietnamese video:

KM9 Pro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJaR_ZIeGbw
                        KM3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoIG88-rbDY
                        Last edited by Ooooozz; 04-12-2019, 12:39.

Comment

we just need to find the firmware to test it on the old km9!!!

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Assuming they haven't locked the bootloader. Also, the old KM9 will be lacking new keys for Google certification, even if it's based on the same Amlogic reference board.

If they have just abandoned the half baked KM9... I'll never buy another Mecool.

Comment

Originally posted by GTMonster View Post
                            If they have just abandoned the half baked KM9... I'll never buy another Mecool.
                            So FYI, they removed the KM9 Gearbest listing as this product isn't sold anymore.

They understandably replaced it with the certified KM9 Pro which has Android TV.
                            The original AOSP KM9 won't be updated to Android TV. You may try to flash the KM9 Pro ROM but you'll have issues with the DRM keys like Widevine and GMS.

Comment

Magendanz has ported the firmware from his Mecool KM3 to this KM9 and it is working fantastic. He posted the image file that can be burned into the KM9 using the Amlogic Burning Tool......... Now you will have Android TV OS PIE version...........

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...the-mecool-km9

Magendanz received his Mecool KM3 and extracted the firmware from it and created an image file for the KM9 device. I received the Mecool KM9 about 4 months ...

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                              X