Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine gets here tomorrow and I have a 4k TV Hisense 55n6 it supports hdmi v2 and hdr10. I'll test tomorrow.

Comment

Just got mine and started testing some things.
      The display is 2160p60hz and runs a 4k hdr10 60fps video file with stock video player fine.
      YouTube can play 4k video.
      Supports HDCP-2.2
      Tried to install Netflix from aptoide but failed to install.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustdroid View Post
        The display is 2160p60hz and runs a 4k hdr10 60fps video file with stock video player fine.
        Supports HDCP-2.2
        please try playing all HDR formats using kodi to see which the box supports. I take it no microsoft playready support? Also please test temperatures playing UHD bluray uncompressed files for 10mins+. Also see whether kodi can play different framerates of videos correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship9876 View Post

please try playing all HDR formats using kodi to see which the box supports. I take it no microsoft playready support? Also please test temperatures playing UHD bluray uncompressed files for 10mins+. Also see whether kodi can play different framerates of videos correctly.

I'm about to install Kodi and try a 4k hdr10 60fps file for 10min and check temp I don't have bluray uncompressed but I have a file that runs for 3min I'll play it a few times then check temp with cpuz. No Microsoft playready in DMR info.

Comment

Played 3 different 4k HDR files through Kodi for about 12min all worked fine. Checked Temps straight after highest it got was 57 degrees Celsius. In kodi settings it says resolution is 1920x1080p60hrz but TV says it's 3840x2160p60hrz not sure what the videos where playing in.

Comment

Played 3 different 4k HDR files through Kodi for about 12min all worked fine. Checked Temps straight after highest it got was 57 degrees Celsius. In kodi settings it says resolution is 1920x1080p60hrz but TV says it's 3840x2160p60hrz not sure what the videos where playing in.
              Does your tv say which HDR format it is detecting, ideally would like your tv to detect dolbyvision, hlg, hdr10, hdr10+

Comment

It doesn't say what format it is using just says hdr I know the file is hdr10 and I know my TV supports it. Not sure about the other formats or how to test if my TV or the mecool supports them.

Comment

Supports HDCP-2.2
                  Were you able to download direct from Play Store otherwise sideload the latest and see how it goes?

Furthermore when playing 4k files via Kodi, do you run in thru a receiver to check if it's supports dtshdma truedts etc?

Thanks mate!

Comment

Downloaded a Dolby Vision file played it and it worked but only SDR my TV doesn't support it. I did see a option to turn Dolby Vision on or off in display setting so I think the mecool supports it if your TV does.

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post

Were you able to download direct from Play Store otherwise sideload the latest and see how it goes?

Furthermore when playing 4k files via Kodi, do you run in thru a receiver to check if it's supports dtshdma truedts etc?

Thanks mate!
                      Sorry mate bit new to TV boxes so not that good at testing things.
                      What do you mean sideload? Just get apk and install? Installed the modded Netflix from earlier in the thread but can't test it because I don't use Netflix and already done free trial. Someone else will have to test that.
                      I don't run through a receiver just hdmi straight into TV. Not sure what a receiver is or dtshdma is sorry.
                      Last edited by Rustdroid; 11-26-2018, 03:43.

Comment

Sorry mate bit new to TV boxes so not that good at testing things.
                        What do you mean sideload? Just get apk and install? Installed the modded Netflix from earlier in the thread but can't test it because I don't use Netflix and already done free trial. Someone else will have to test that.
                        I don't run through a receiver just hdmi straight into TV. Not sure what a receiver is or dtshdma is sorry.
                        Sideload refers to downloading the apk and install the apk via USB to the box

Receiver here typically refers to an amplifier or sound system eg 5.1, 7.1 channels etc

The files typically has diff audio format, DD+, dts, dts truehd, dtshdma etc which is played. Sometime the native player in da box are unable able to handle passthru of specific audio files but when played thru Kodi it's able to, that is provided the settings in Kodi are done correctly. Hope it's not too confusing

I think I'm ready to invest in this box as backup

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post

Sideload refers to downloading the apk and install the apk via USB to the box

Receiver here typically refers to an amplifier or sound system eg 5.1, 7.1 channels etc

The files typically has diff audio format, DD+, dts, dts truehd, dtshdma etc which is played. Sometime the native player in da box are unable able to handle passthru of specific audio files but when played thru Kodi it's able to, that is provided the settings in Kodi are done correctly. Hope it's not too confusing

I think I'm ready to invest in this box as backup
                          Okay thanks for the info I thought sideload ment that.
                          I don't have a sound system just sound through TV.
                          I just tried play a movie that has Dolby digital 5.1 sound and there was no sound on stock video player or mx player but there is sound through Kodi.

Comment

Hi guys, I am from India and have the Mecool KM9 on way from Gearbest. Its actually in my town and expecting delivery in a day or two. I will be able to test a few things for you guys, mainly audio pass through. I have a Yamaha receiver capable of DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD decoding. But my TV is only 1080p 60Hz. I can test Netflix and Amazon Prime upto 1080p (no HDR). But this being my first android TV box would need your help to configure Kodi properly for Audio pass through.

I understand that this device supports Widevine L1, is that enough theoretically to support upto UHD in Netflix and Amazon Prime? Does Amazon Prime use another DRM implementation in Andorid?

Comment

Originally posted by rakeshchn View Post
                              Hi guys, I am from India and have the Mecool KM9 on way from Gearbest. Its actually in my town and expecting delivery in a day or two. I will be able to test a few things for you guys, mainly audio pass through. I have a Yamaha receiver capable of DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD decoding. But my TV is only 1080p 60Hz. I can test Netflix and Amazon Prime upto 1080p (no HDR). But this being my first android TV box would need your help to configure Kodi properly for Audio pass through.

I understand that this device supports Widevine L1, is that enough theoretically to support upto UHD in Netflix and Amazon Prime? Does Amazon Prime use another DRM implementation in Andorid?
                              Amazon Prime needs Playready 3 which this device doesn't support, so no Amazon Prime.
                              Widevine can help with Netflix, but the firmware is missing changes to support the Netflix app.
                              You will only be able to use a tablet Netflix app and use it with an airmouse, Netflix is also starting to block it on multiple devices now where it forces you to update to the latest version which is not patched to work.

Comment

I have to report another issue. This time with Bluetooth game pad. I think the Bluetooth is not working properly as when you try to play a game like a teaching one, the car gets crazy and will result in an erratic driving. If you try to turn, the car steer too much and is impossible to play well.
                                I tested two game pad a mocute 053 and a gamesir g3s. Both gave me the same performance. It's really annoying because this was one of the main reasons i bought this box. Don't know what to do, maybe a factory reset?
                                Asphalt 8 runs cool btw.

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X